Louis Braille was the inventor of Braille, a system of reading and writing used by the people who are blind or visually impaired. Louis Braille was died on Jan 5,1852, so this day is celebrated as Louis Braille Day.
JAN 11 : World Laughter Day
It was announced on Jan 10, 1998 by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the Worldwide Laughter Yoga Movement.
JAN 12 : National Youth Day
It is celebrated in India on Jan 12, the birthday of Swami Vivekananda. In 1984, the government of India declared and decided to observe the birthday of Swami Vivekananda as a National Youth Day every year from 1985.
JAN 15 : Army Day
Army Day is celebrated on Jan 15, every year in India, in recognition of Lieutenant General (Later Field Marshal) KM Cariappa's taking over as the first Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army from Sir Francis Butcher (the last British Commander) in 1948.
JAN 25 : National Tourism Day
India is one of the most fascinating places a tourist can visit. Tourism is a main industry in India today, and plays a key role in the nation's overall growth. To underline the importance of responsible tourism, and highlight the tremendous tourism potential of India, National Tourism Day is celebrated on January 25th every year.
JAN 26 : Republic Day
India won independence from the British on 15th August 1947. Yet, until 1949, the country did not have a permanent constitution of its own. The Indian Constitution was finally approved only in November 1949, and came into effect on 26 the January 1950, that India declared herself a sovereign independent republic.
JAN 27 : International Holocaust Remembrance Day
On Jan 27, 1945, Auschwitz Birkenau, a death camp run by the Nazis was liberated by the Soviet army. This camp was the largest among the many that were responsible for the death of millions of Jews, and others, who were considered enemies of the state by the Nazis. On November 1, 2005, the United Nations declared Jan 27, to be International Day of Commemoration in memory of the victims of the Holocaust.
It is the remembrance day of their suffering, courage, and determination. This day is observed by the UK, Italy, and many countries around the world, and its purpose is to honour these victims, for their lives are shining examples of the triumph of the human spirit against all odds.
JAN 30 : Martyrs' Day
It was on 30 the January 1948 that Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the Nation, was assassinated. To pay tribute to this great son of India and to all the other martyrs who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country, January 30 the is observed as Martyrs' Day every year.
JAN 31 : Street Children's Day
Around the world, there are millions of children whose homes are the streets. These children eat and live on the streets, no matter what the weather is, support themselves through begging, doing small jobs, or even stealing, and cannot afford an education.
But we must remember that they have the same potential to grow and become useful members of society as other children, if only they are given the opportunity. To do this, 2009, Jugend Wine Welt, an organisation, launched 'Street Children's Day', and this day is commemorated every year on January 31st. The day provides a platform for street children to speak out, so that their rights cannot be ignored.
1) 1. In how many different ways can be letters of the word SOFTWARE be arranged in such a way that the vowels always come together?
(1) These companies are registered under section 620 A of the Companies Act.
(2) They can take deposits from its members and give them loans.
(3) These companies are also known as mutual benefit societies (MBS).
(4) There is a cap for member enrolment in such companies.
(5) None of these
5) According to the 12th Five Year Plan, approved by the Cabinet, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is planning to launch 58 missions. Which of the following is NOT correct with respect to the ISRO plan?
7) The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) has imposed a fine of around Rs.300 cr on which of the following multinational drug companies for overcharging consumers on sale of its best-selling painkiller medicine Voveran?
18) One of the seven emirates of United Arab Emirates (UAE) has launched a new initiative called 'Happiness Meter' to monitor the happiness and satisfaction of its population on a daily basis. Identify the emirate.
22) The Bombay High Court has ruled-in favour of which of the following telecom service providers and found that it is not liable to pay an income tax demand of Rs.3,200 cr in a case relating to transfer pricing?
33) The Supreme Court declared which of the.following tribunals as unconstitutional recently? The apex court said that the Act passed by Parliament in 2005 to form the tribunal encroaches upon the power of higher judiciary.
36) The campaign "Make in India" was launched by the Govt on 25 Sep to put India prominently on the global manufacturing map. This campaign focuses on how many identified growth sectors of the Indian economy?
38) Year 2016-17 was declared as the SAARC Year of Cultural Heritage in the recent meet of the SAARC culture ministers in New Delhi. Which of the following cities was declared to be SAARC cultural capital for 2015-16 in the same meet?
43) The Finance Minister has decided to set aside Rs.50 cr from Social Security Fund ' SSF) for payment of premium towards life insurance cover under Jan Dhan scheme. The SSF was set up in 1988-89 for providing social security and is managed by
51) Which of the following countries won the gold medal of Men's Kabaddi at the 17th Asian Games? It had, won gold medal in the last six editions of the game since the sport made its debut in Beijing in 1990.
54) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) reduced the refinance rates for banks and other lending agencies by 0.20 per cent to promote rural credit and rural infrastructure. What is the new rate for refinance effective from 7 Jan, 2014?
57) Which of the following statements is/are correct with respect to steel production in India? (A) India is the world's largest producer of Direct Reduced Iron (DRI) or Sponge Iron. (B) The steel sector contributes to nearly 2% of the GDP and employs over 5 lakh people. (C) The per capita steel consumption was 42 kg in 2012-13 in India.
59) As part of taking banking services to rural areas, the Centre has revised its target for opening new bank branches which will also create an additional 55,000 new jobs in the banking sector.. Now, how many new bank branches will be opened yearly from next fiscal?
61) Indian Coast Guard ship Abhinav, the third in a series of 20 fast patrol vessels being built by the Cochin Shipyard, was commissioned recently. Consider the following statements . 1. The special features of the ship include an Integrated Bridge Management System. 2. It has Indigenous Fire Control System. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
63) The nation's first comprehensive adolescent health programme named 'Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK)' was launched recently from Thane, Maharashtra. Based on a national analysis, RKSK will focus on six areas including:
65) The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) announced to launch India's mission to the moon, Chandrayaan-2, by 2016. Consider the following statements: 1. Chandrayaan-2 would be launched by a Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle, (GSLV). 2. It is powered by an indigenously developed cryogenic engine. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
68) In a move aimed at thwarting money laundering activities, the market regulator Sebi has made which of the following compulsory for all investments into Collective Investment Scheme (CIS)? All investments in CIS funds are to be made
(1) Banks will accept currency notes with scribbling on it.
(2) Banks will not accept currency notes with scribbling on it.
(3) Only RBI's regional branches will accept currency notes with scribbling on it.
(4) Banks will accept currency notes with scribbling on it on half value only.
(5) None of these
70) The scientists discovered phosphorus in the cosmic leftovers from the supernova, Cassiopeia A, explosion. Consider the following statements regarding the discovery: 1. It confirmed that massive exploding stars are crucibles in which the element is created. 2. According to the scientists, Cassiopeia A exploded 1000 years ago.
71) A cryogenic rocket engine is a rocket engine that uses a cryogenic fuel or oxidiser. Its fuel or oxidiser (or both) are gases liquefied and stored at very low temperatures. Which is the most widely used combination of fuel-oxidiser combination?
72) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched GSLV-D5 rocket from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota on January 5, 2014. Consider the following statements about the launch: 1. It was powered by an indigenous cryogenic engine. 2. ISRO achieved the feat after two failures earlier. 3. Japan and China have successfully developed their cryogenic engines. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
73) Consider the following with respect to the RBI's move to introduce globally compatible unique identity codes to entities which are parties to a financial transaction in India as part of the G-20 mandate: (A) The unique identity code called Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) is a 20-character code assigned by a local operating unit (LOU). (B) Clearing Corporation of India Ltd (CCIL) has been selected to act as LOU. (C) The functioning of CCIL as a local operating unit will not fall under the regulation and oversight of the RBI. Which of the above statements is NOT correct?
74) In a major step towards allowing more autonomy to CBI, the govt has placed the agency's legal wing, Directorate of Prosecution, under the command of the CBI director recently. Earlier, the legal wing used to report to:
76) Who has been conferred the gold medal for long jump in the World Athletics Final held in Monte Carlo in 2005, after the original winner Tatyana Kotova tested positive for the banned substance 'Formestane' on January 14, 2014?
80) The 21st edition of the event and part of the WTA International tournaments of the 2014 WTA Tour place at the Hobart International Tennis Centre in Hobart, Australia from January 5 to 11, 2014. Who became the winner of women's singles?
82) The 2014 Apia International Sydney was a joint 2014 ATP World Tour and 2014 WTA Tour tennis tournament, played on outdoor hard courts in Sydney, New South Wales. It was held from January 5 to 11, 2014. Who became the winner of men's singles?
84) South Africa grabbed the two match series with India in Durban on December 30, 2013. It defeated India by 10 wickets in the. second cricket test to win the series. Who has been named as the 'Man of the Series'?
86) The Qatar Open is a men's tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. Consider the following statements about the Qatar Open: 1. It was 22nd Edition of Qatar Open. 2. It took place at the Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex in Doha. 3. Rafael Nadal won the tournament by beating Gael Monfils of France. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
87) Football legend Eusebio, known as the 'Black Panther' or 'The King', passed away on January 5, 2014. Consider the following statements about him: 1. He was a Japanese player. 2. He also earned European football's Golden Boot award twice. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
90) Centre has decided to provide an additional wage employment beyond the stipulated 100 days under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) for Scheduled Tribe households in forest areas. It will be for
93) Recently, a Letter of Intent (LoI) was signed between India and Canada in New Delhi. Consider the following statements in this respect: 1. It provides for information exchanges in areas of mutual interest including iron-ore, coking coal and other steel making raw materials. 2, Encourage bilateral investment opportunities in uranium and nuclear business. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
94) India and South Korea signed nine pacts aimed at imparting forward momentum to their bilateral ties. Which of the following statements is-are the part of the agreement? 1. Exploring the possibility of setting up a Korean Industrial Park in India. 2. Revision of the existing Double Taxation Avoidance Convention. 3. Indian government announced the decision to extend a 'tourist visa on arrival facility' to South Korea.
95) Indonesia's President has signed a government regulation to implement the 2009 law on the mineral export ban on January 12, 2014. Consider the following statements about this: 1. Under the regulation, the miners will be obliged to build smelters by 2015. 2. Indonesia is the world's biggest exporter of nickel ore. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
96) The United Nations (UN) and its humanitarian partners have appealed for $1 billion to save millions of Syrian children from becoming a "lost generation by lauching an initiative called "The "No Lost Generation". The initiative was launched in .....
98) China is implementing its comprehensive National Ivory Action Plan in consultation with the CITES Standing Committee. It recently destroyed more than six tonnes of smuggled elephant's ivory in which of the following province?
100) The conference, International Petroleum Conference 2014 (Petrotech-2014), discussed planning, politics, partnership, production and policy within the oil and gas industry, and focused on Vision 2030. It took place at
105) Pakistan's national Sharia court hears cases under the Islamic legislation.The court was established in 1980 during the rule of military dictator Zia-ul Haq as part of his policy towards Islamisation of Pakistan's institutions. Who became the first female judge to be appointed in the Sharia court?
106) There are huge number of Indians in Saudi Arabia and they constitute the biggest group of migrant communities. Indians are the most preferred community in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Consider the following statements in this respect: 1.Nitaqat is the new Saudi Labour Law. 2. It makes it mandatory for local companies to hire one Saudi national for each migrant workers. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
107) South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA) is a forum of professional accountancy bodies in the SAARC region. It was formed in the year 1984 and at " present has the membership of 10 accounting institutions from SAARC countries. Who has been appointed as the President of SAFA for the year 2014?
108) Maldivian President Abdullah Yameen visited India on his first foreign visit after taking over as the President on January 1, 2014 with an aim to boost the bilateral ties between both countries. Consider the following statements about the visit: 1. The scrapping of the GMR project and problems faced by Indian investors were among the main topics of discussions. ,2. There was no disscussion on steps to deal with religious extremism. 3. Defence partnerships didn't find any mention in the talks.
112) The Ministry of Rural Development agreed to provide an additional 50 days of employment beyond the stipulated 100 days under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA). which of the. following statements is not true in this context?
115) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) has set up a ten-member committee to look into having 100% Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in insurance intermediaries and Third Party Administrators (TPAs). Who is the head of the committee?
118) Dept of Electronics launched E-inclusion programme recently. Examine the following with respect to this programme and choose the correct statement(s): (A) It is an initiative under the National e-Govemance Plan(NeGP). (B) Under the project, economically weaker sections of the society including rural SC, ST and women will receive IT training. (C) It will make at least one individual in every household e-literate.
120) Recently, the SEBI mandated that all investments into Collective Investment Scheme (CIS) funds need to be made through banking channels, and not in cash. What is/are the major purpose(s) behind this guideline?
125) A committee, headed by Nachiket Mor, on comprehensive financial services for small businesses and low-income households was set up by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Consider the following statements about the recomendations of the committee: 1. Even resident should be issued a Universal Electronic Bank Account (UEBA) on request. 2. Priority sector lending target of 50% against the current requirement of 40%. 3.Creation of a State Finance Regulatory Commission (SFRC). Which of the above statements) is/are correct?
126) The Finance Ministry has released a handbook proposing steps for regulators to develop a financial regulatory framework in accordance with the recommendations of the Financial Sector Legislative Reforms Commission (FSLRC). Who was the Chairman of this commission?
127) A programme of Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Project for Low Income States (RWSSP-LIS) is approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) for the states of Bihar, Jahrkhand, Uttar Pradesh and Asom. Consider the following statements about the schemes: 1. The Scheme will be implemented from World Bank assistance over a period of six years (2013-14 to 2019-20). 2. The strengthening and empowering of Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) is a key feature of scheme. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
130) The government approved the Indian Leather Development Programme (ILDP), for implementation during the 12th Plan (2012-17) for the overall development of the sector on January 2, 2014. Consider the following statements about the programme: 1. The ILDP was implemented in the llth Plan under 13 sub-schemes. 2. Ten sub-schemes are being proposed for continuation in 12th Plan. 3. The Project outlay is Rs. 990.36 crore.
131) The Union Cabinet gave its approval for conversion of Perpetual Non-Cumulative Preference Shares (PNCPS) held by government of India in some nationalised banks into equity shares, subject to approval of shareholders and the SEBI. The bank(s) getting this approval is/are 1. Indian Bank 2. IDBIBank 3. UCOBank 4. State Bank of India
132) An agreement for credit of $ 160 million (equivalent) from World Bank for the Rajasthan Road Sector Modernisation Project (RRSMP ) was signed at New Delhi on January 2, 2014, Which of the following is not the objective of the project?
133) India signed a labour cooperation agreement on January 2, 2014 that will cover about a quarter of the 28 lakh Indian expatriates working there. With which of the following country India has signed this agreement?
134) Indian researchers have developed an eco-friendly method to help silkworms spin fluorescent, coloured silk, by feeding them dyed mulberry leaves. The practice of breeding of silkworm is known as ...
135) With the successful launch of GSLV-D5 recently, India has entered into a select group of nations which have developed their own cryogenic rocket engine technology. Which of the following is NOT at present in the group?
138) A Memorandum of Understanding has been.signed between Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) and Ministry of Labour & Employment (MoLE). Which of the following is/are the part of the MoU? 1. Skill Development 2. Employment Services 3. Educational Initiatives
139) Which of the following banks has agreed to pay USD 1.7 bn to victims of the convicted fraudster, Bernard Madoff, following a settlement with US prosecutors? The bank is accused of not maintaining an effective anti-money laundering programme.
143) Banks are planning to ask the RBI to lift the cap on borrowing under the daily Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF). Currently, banks can borrow what per cent of net demand and time liabilities (NDTL) from the LAF window?
144) Examine the following with respect to Exchange Earners'Foreign Currency Account (EEFC): (A) It is a facility provided to the foreign exchange earners (individual or company). (B) The account holders are entitled to get only 50 per cent of their foreign exchange earnings credited to the account. (C) It can be held only in the form of a current account with no interest payable on it. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
145) Maharashtra Cabinet recently gave approval to the Dryland Farming .Mission. Consider the following statements about the scheme: 1. It is a Central government scheme under Bharat Nirman campaign. 2. It is to be implemented over the next ten years. 3. The headquarters of the mission will be located in Mumbai. 4. It will headed by a government official. Which of the above statements) is/are correct?
146) Michelle Bachelet was officially declared by the Electoral Court to have won the presidential election held in Dec, 2013 and will be sworn in on 11 Mar as the new president of which of the following countries?
148) The Health Ministry launched indigenous, affordable testing kits on January 13, 2014. Consider the following statements in this regard: 1. The glucometers will now cost between Rs. 500 and 1000. 2. Each glucostrip will cost between? 2 and Rs. 4, down from Rs.18-35. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
150) The govt approved increasing foreign shareholding in which of the following private sector banks from 49 per cent to 62 per cent recently? The approval would result in foreign investment of about Rs. 7,250 cr in the country.
151) The Madhya Pradesh government has launched test flights of 'Conservation Drones' on January 10, 2014. This is the first time that such aircraft, equipped with cameras and GPS, are being used in the state. What is the purpose for which it is launched?
(1) To track poachers of endangered tigers at Panna Tiger Reserve.
(2) To control insurgent activities in disturbed areas.
(3) To conserve state's biodiversity.
(4) To keep an eye on cross-border trade.
(5) None of these
152) The Union Cabinet gave its approval for introduction of the National Youth Policy-2014 (NYP-2014)on replacing NYP-2003 currently in force. It will cover the entire country catering the needs of all youth in the age-group of:
153) The Union Cabinet approved a proposal for increasing nearly 10000 MBBS seats at recognised government medical colleges across the country on January 9, 2014. Consider the following statements regarding this: 1. The proposal was considered by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) 2. The proposal is aimed at increasing the number of doctors to help bring down the doctor-patient ratio. 3. The current ratio is 1:1000. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
157) Consider the following with respect to the much- talked-about health insurance cover, Obamacare, which came into effect recently in the US: (A) Under the scheme, it is now compulsory for the people to have health cover. (B) Those who cannot afford the cover will get help from the state. (C) Those who remain without any insurance will be fined. Which of the above statements is true?
158) The Indian Air Force is the air arm of the Indian defence forces. Its primary responsibility is to secure Indian airspace and to conduct aerial warfare during a conflict. Who among the following took over as the 24th Chief of the Indian Air Force?
160) A promotional calendar named "Incredible India Promotional Calendar 2014" is launched by the government of India on January 1, 2013. The calendar contains 24 photographs on double sided paper. It is launched by which of the following Ministry?
163) The mission of 'One Nation - One Grid - One Frequency' has been successfully accomplished when a grid has been synchronously connected to the rest of the grid in the country. With this India entered into a new era of power transmission. Which of the following grid is this?
164) The government, unveiled guidelines for a much-awaited regulatory framework to making the rating system "transparent, credible and accountable. Consider the following statements about the guidelines: 1. The TRAI can conduct inspections of the rating company without a reasonable notice. 2. The guidelines do not cover detailed procedures for registration of rating agencies and eligibility norms. Which of the above statements) is/are correct?
165) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) has set up a 10-member committee to look into having 100% Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in insurance intermediaries and Third Party Administrators (TPAs). The committee will be headed by
(3) An insolvent person with authority from another competent person
(4) An illiterate person
(5) All the above
167) The Council on Insurance of ASSOCHAM organised Global Insurance Summit in India in which need of simplifying the insurance process and provide financial security for the masses in India were discussed. Where the Summit was organised?
170) The Union Ministry of Human • Resource announced a new Maulana Azad Taleem-e-Baligan scheme on January 5, 2014. Consider the following statements about the scheme: 1. It is launched for minorities only. 2. Minorities girl were given special consideration. Which of the above statements) is/are correct?
171) The Sakala programme, which guarantees time-bound delivery of services to citizens by govt departments, has won National award under outstanding performance in citizen-centric service delivery category recently. The scheme is running in
173) West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan released the first ever administrative calendar at the relocated State Secretariat at Nabanna in adjoining Howrah district on January 2, 2014. What is an administrative calendar?
176) The government approved the proposal of the Ministry of Power for operationalisation of the Power System Development Fund (PSDF) on January 2, 2014. In which of the following areas, the fund will be utilised?
(3) Renovation and Modernisation (R&M) of transmission and distribution systems
(4) All of the above
(5) None of these
177) Consider the following with respect to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)'s decision to increase the loan-to-value (LTV) ratio of gold loan companies: (A) The NBFCs have been allowed to lend up to 100 per cent of the value of gold. (B) The decision has been taken on the recommendations of the KUB Rao committee. (C) NBFCs will have to certify purity of gold to determine the maximum permissible loan. (D) Loans of Rs.1 lakh and above must be disbursed through cheques. Which of the above statements are true?
180) The Enforcement Directorate has signed an agreement with the Commerce Ministry for sharing of foreign exchange realisation data ore eBRC which is expected to increase transparency.The term BRC stands for:
181) Which of the following banks has recently joined hands with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to introduce e-KYC (electronic Know Your Customer) norms in its branches? It is the second lender to introduce e-KYC in the country.
182) Basamati rice (produced in Madhya Pradesh) will reach to every part of world as it has awarded with the national accreditation by Geographical Indication Registry, Chennai. What is Geographical Indication?
(1) Name or sign used on certain products which corresponds to a specific geographical location
(2) A type of patent right
(3) Both (a) and (b)
(4) Either 1 or 2
(5) None of the above
183) Name the Indian sportswoman whose silver medal at the World Athletics Final in 2005 was recently elevated to gold by the International Association of Athletics Federations recently as gold winner Tatyana Kotova was disqualified for doping.
186) Which of the following software firms has announced to set up the world's largest corporate learning and development centre in India? It will have a total capacity to train 15,000 professionals at one time and 50,000 professionals annually.
188) The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved setting up of a unified system at the national level and State level on January 2, 2014 to enhance the safety and security of women. Consider the following statements about the system. 1. Tracking of vehicle is done through Global Positioning System (GPS). 2. City Command and Control Centre will operate at the national level. 3. National Vehicle Security and Tracking System will operate at the state level. Which of the above statements) is/are correct?
190) Wrestling's apex body (Fila) has decided to merge three freestyle weight categories into two new ones from Jan 2014, putting India's squad in a tricky situation. Who among the following sports persons is not associated with the game of wrestling?
(5) It is powered by a three-stage liquid-propellant system.
194) The AIIMS has approved the opening of first pharmacy to Provide generic drugs free of cost. Consider the following statements in this respect; 1. The store will be run by -the Central government's HLL Lifecare Limited. 2. It will be the first centralised medicine supply system across different departments. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
195) Which of the following countries has enacted a new law, Same Sex Marriage Prohibition Act, which criminalises homosexual clubs, associations and organisations with penalties up to 14 years in jail?
196) Which of the following is true with regard to the RBI's recent notification allowing Indian companies to issue non-convertible debentures? (A) It has allowed Indian companies to issue non-convertible or redeemable preference shares or debentures to non-resident shareholders as bonus. (B) The issue of preference shares, excluding non-convertible/redeemable preference shares and convertible debentures, would be subject to Foreign Direct Investment Scheme. (C) So far, market regulator SEBI was granting permission for such issuances on a case-to-case basis.
201) A global data released on education in January, 2014 compared the Indian system of education from that of OECD countries. Consider' the following statements about the report: 1. The average eighth grader in India spends a cumulative 130 hours more in school in an academic year than his or her peers in an Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) country. 2. Primary school students in India are better off than their secondary counterparts, but still spend 51 hours more in classrooms than their OECD. Which of the above statements) is/are correct?
202) The Committee on Comprehensive Financial Services for Small Businesses and Low-Income Households, headed by Nachiket Mor, proposed a plan to overhaul the Indian banking landscape recently. Which of the following have been proposed in the report? (A) All resident Indians above 18 years of age will have full-service bank accounts by 1 Jan, 2016. (B) Every account holder will have an electronic payment access point within 15 minutes of walk. (C) Increasing the priority-sector lending target from 40 per cent of net bank credit to 60 per cent and doing away with farm-loan subsidies (D) Allowing banks to set up subsidiaries dedicated to financial inclusion, without prior approvals from the RBI .........
203) Name Russia's most famous prisoner and Kremlin critic who walked out of jail after spending more than 10 years behind bars. He was released following a surprise pardon by President Vladimir Putin.
204) The United Nations has felicitated which of the following Indian state govts for effectively handling Cyclone Phailin in Oct 2013 ? It is the first state in South East Asia to be felicitated for disaster management.
205) Energy major 'Oil India Limited' has signed an agreement with Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA) to carry out a feasibility study as a part of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative. The agreement relates to which of the following sectors:
206) The RBI had announced to launch Inflation Indexed National Saving Securities-Cumulative (IINSS-C), which was later extended to a later date 31 Mar, 2014. The minimum limit for investment in the bond per applicant per annum is Rs.5,000. What is the maximum limit?
209) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Bank of Japan (BOJ) signed a pact to enhance the maximum amount of the Bilateral Swap Arrangement (BSA) between the two countries recently. What is the new limit of the BSA?
210) Banks have strict regulations to protect themselves as well as their customers and if these regulations are violated, banks levy a penalty on the violator. Which of the following will NOT be considered a bad money practice?
212) The Reserve Bank of India released the Financial Stability Report (FSR) - Dec 2013 recently. Aiming to create awareness about the vulnerabilities in the financial system, the FSR is published every
214) In order to provide more power to women to defend themselves, the Indian Ordnance Factory, Kanpur, launched a revolver. Consider the following statements about it: 1. It is the smallest of all revolvers ever manufactured in India. 2. The name given to the revolver is Nirbhaya. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
215) South Korean steel maker Posco has received environment clearance for its Rs.52,000-cr steel plant after remaining in the pipeline for the past eight years. The plant is to be set up in which of the following states?
216) The Centre approved the implementation of Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Project for Low Income States (RWSSP-LIS) recently. Which of the following states in NOT among the beneficiaries of the project which will get completed in 2019-20?
217) The first phase of providing free compact fluorescent light bulbs to over 14 lakh hut-dwellers was launched by a state government with an aim of saving 40 MW of power. Which of the following States has launched this scheme?