On December 20, 2013, at its 68th session, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) decided to proclaim March 3, the day of the adoption of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora ( CITIES), as World Wildlife Day, to celebrate and raise awareness of the world's wild fauna and flora.
MAR 8 : International Women's Day
International Women's Day also called International Working Women's Day, is celebrated on March 8 every year. This year(2014) 's theme is "Equality for Women is Progress for All". It was first celebrated in 1996.
MAR 14 : International Day of Action for Rivers and Against Dams
Every person requires access to fresh water to survive. Beyond our direct need for drinking water, water is critical for the global food supply, and to meet our energy needs. To serve these multiple demands, more than 45,000 large dams, and an even larger number of smaller dams have been constructed across the world's rivers.
However, dams alter a river's course, and uproot the people living in the area. Every year on March 14 the, people around the world celebrate the International Day of Action for Rivers and Against Dams, by creating awareness of the threats that the world's rivers face from dams.
MAR 20 : International Day of Happiness
International Day of Happiness is celebrated through out the world on the March 20. It was established by the United Nations General Assembly on June 28, 2012.
MAR 20 : World Sparrow Day
World Sparrow Day is observed on March 20 annually. It is an international initiative of Nature Forever Society of India Web n collaboration with the Eco-Sys Action Foundation (France) and many national and international organisations. The first World Sparrow Day was celebrated in 2010.
MAR 21 : International Day for the Elimination of Racial Descrimination
It is observed annually on March 21. On that day, in 1960, police opened fire and killed 69 people at a peaceful demonstration in Sharpeville, South Africa, against the apartheid pass laws. Proclaiming the day in 1966, the United Nations Genera Assembly called on the international community to redouble its efforts to eliminate all forms of racial descrimination.
MAR 21 : World Poetry Day
It was declared by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) in 1999. The purpose of the day is to promote the reading, writing, publishing and teaching of poetry throughout the world. Nowruz is an ancestral festivity marking the first day of spring and the renewal of nature.
MAR 21 : World Down's Syndrome Day
In December, 2011, the General Assembly declared March 21 as World Down's Syndrome Day. The General Assembly decided, with effect from 2012, to observe World Down's Syndrome Day on March 21 each year. The date for WDSD being the 21st day of the 3rd month, was selected to signify the uniqueness of the replication ( trisomy) of the 21st chromosome which causes Down's Syndrome.
MAR 21:Inernational Day of Forests
It is observed for the first time on March 21, 2013, was established by resolution of the United Nations General Assembly on November 28, 2012. To be held each year on the 21 st day of March, the occasion is intended to be one of the world's leading global platforms for people with an interest in forests and climate change to share their views and work together to ensure forests are suitably incorporated into any future climate change litigation and adoption strategies.
MAR 22: World Water Day
It has been observed on March22 since 1993 when the United Nations General Assembly declared March 2222 as 'World Day for Water'. Theme of 2014 is 'Water and Energy'.
MAR 23 : World Meteorological Day
UN WorldMeteorological Day or the International Day of Meteorology is annually held on or around March 23 to remember the World Meteorological Organisation's establishment on that date in 1950. This year's 2014 is "watching the weather to protect life and property".
MAR 24 : World Tuberculosis Day
This day is designed to build public awareness about the global epedimic of tuberculosis and efforts to eliminate the disease. It was on this day in 1882 when Dr.Robert Loch had discovered the cause of tuberculosis, the Tuberculosis bacillus. First TB Day was celebrated in 1997.
MAR 27: World Theatre Day
To celebrate the power of theatre, and to recognise it as a bridge for mutual international understanding and peace, World Theatre Day is celebrated on March 27 the every year. Declared in 1961 by the International Theatre Institute, World Theatre Day is an opportunity to recognize the creativity of theatre artists in other cultures and communities, and to promote and protect different forms of theatre.
1) A new system E-mail Miles using Global Positioning System (GPS) technology to calculate the number of miles an e-mail has travelled before reaching an inbox was which uses GPS technology and internet tracking to determine where a message was sent and where it was received. It then calculates the total distance between the two and displays it on the screen alongside a map. Who is the inventor of the system?
4) Which of the following language became the sixth language of the country to get 'classical language' status after the Union Cabinet conceded a long-pending demand for putting it in the same league as Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam........
8) Consider the following statements about Khushwant Singh and choose the correct Statements from the codes given below : 1. He received Padma Vibhushan by the government of India in 2007. 2. He was awarded with Padma Bhushan in 1974 but he returned it in 1984 in protest of entrance of the Indian Army in Golden Temple in Amritsar, Punjab. 3. He was died on March 20, 2014.
12) The Union Cabinet of India, on February 28, 2014, approved the National Mission for sustaining the Himalayan Ecosystem (NMSHE) to sustain the Himalayan ecosystem, continuously assess its health status. The NMSHE covers how many States of India?
15) Consider the following statements about Templeton Prize : 1. Tomas Halik, a Roman Catholic Priest and Philosopher, onetime Czech political activist and an advocate for religious freedom and interfaith dialogue, won the 2014 Templeton Prize for religious and spiritual progress. 2. It honours a living person for his exceptional contribution of affirming life's " spiritual dimension, whether through insight, discovery or practical work. 3. The first winner of Templetcn Prize was Mother Teresa in 1973. , which of the statements given above correct?
17) Name the Indian acid attack victim who has won the prestigious International Women of Courage Award from the US First Lady Michelle Obama for successfully leading the campaign against acid attacks on women in India.
18) Consider the following statements . and choose the correct statements from the codes given below : 1.Matthew McConaughey won the Best Actor award in Oscar Award 2014 for his best role in Dallas Buyers'Club. 2. Alfonso Cuaron won the Best Director award in Oscar award 2014 for movie Gravity. 3. Cate Blanchett won the Best Actress award in Oscar Award 2014 for her role in Blue Jasmine.
19) The 68th Annual Academy Awards ceremony presented by the Academy of Motion picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), honoured the actors, technical achievements, and films of 2013 and took place on March 2, 2014, at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles. which movie won the Best Picture ....
20) Consider the following statements about Santosh Trophy and choose the correct statements from the codes given below : Mizoram, on March 9, 2014, won the 68th Senior National Football Championship of Santosh Trophy by defeating Railways 3-0 in the final match. played at Kanchenjungha Stadium in Siliguri, West Bengal. 2. Railways for the last time bagged Santosh Trophy in 1966 and since then (48 years) it has never won a single trophy.
21) Which of the folio wing statements is/are correct? 1..IPL 2014 will be held in United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bangladesh and India from April 16 to June 1, 2014. 2. Sanjay Patel is the Chairman of Indian Premium League (IPL).
22) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statements from the codes given below : 1. Karnataka won the Vijay Hazare Cricket Trophy 2013-14 ' by defeating Railways by four wickets at the Eden Gardens in 'Kolkata on March 16, 2014. 2. Karnataka won the Vijay Hazare Trophy far the first time.
23) Consider the following statements: 1. World Bridge Championship for Bermuda Bowl (men) and Venice Cup (women) will be hosted by India for the first time in October, 2015. 2. NR Kirubakara Moorthy is the President of Bridge Federation of India (BFI). 3. Gianrrigo Rona of Italy is the President of World Bridge Federation (WBF). Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
24) The 2014 ICC Under-19 World Cup was a one-day cricket competition for sixteen international U-19 cricketing teams, which was played in the United Arab Emirates from . February 14 to March 1, 2014. This was the tenth edition of the tournament. In the final, which country beat Pakistan to win the tournament?
25) The 2014 Asia Cup was the twelfth edition of the Asia Cup cricket tournament. The tournament was held in Bangladesh from February 25 to March 8, 2014. In the final, Sri Lanka beat Pakistan by 5 wickets to win the Asia Cup 2014. How many times have SRi Lanka won the Asia Cup?
26) In India, the endangered wild dog Dholes is protected 'under Schedule 2 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972. As per the schedule 2 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972, permission is required to kill any individual unless in self-defense or if an individual is a man killer. Which of the following will be the first zoo in India, to have a conservation breeding centre for the wild dog, 'Dhole'?
27) The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved a proposal of the Ministry of Environment and Forests for a National Mission for a Green India (GIM) as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme. Of the total expenditure of Rs.13000 crore envisaged in the 12th Plan, the plan outlay is Rs. 2000 crore. Consider the following statements regarding this scheme : 1. The source of funding for the scheme would be from the Plan outlay, and convergence with MGNEEGA activities, CAMPA and the NAP. 2. The sharing pattern for the plan outlay would be 75 : 25 (Centre : State) for entire country. 3. The objectives of the Mission during 12th Plan period includes increased forest/tree cover and improved quality of forest cover in two to eight million hectares. Which of the statements given above are correct?
28) Zircon, a tiny 4.4-billion-year-old crystal has been confirmed as the oldest fragment of Earth's crust which implies that Earth had formed a solid crust much sooner . after its formation 4.6 billion years ago than was previously thought, and very quickly following the great collision with a Mars-sized body that is thought to have produced the Moon just a few tens of millions of years after that. The crystal was found in hills of which country?
29) India test-fired the indigenously developed surface-to-air Akash missile from the Integrated Test Range launch complex at Chandipur near Balasore in Odisha. The missile targeted a floating object supported by Pilot Less Target Aircraft (PTA) 'Lakshya'. Consider the following statements about the missile : 1. It is developed by the DRDO as part of the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme. 2. It has a strike range of 25 km and can carry a warhead of 60 kgs. 3. It has the capability to target aircraft up to 50 km away. Which of the statements given above are correct?
30) Which of the following village became the India's first Minority Cyber Village and was inaugurated by the Minister for Minority Affairs K. Rehman Khan in a district of state of Rajasthan? The project will be carried in other areas after the success of the pilot project. The Cyber village project will provide computer education to people in the age group of 15 to 59.
31) The Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Ghulam Nabi Azad launched indigenously build technologies developed by the National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) Hyderabad on February 20, 2014. these include three different kits for detection of three different diseases. The diseases are 1. Food borne pathogens 2. Iron deficiency 3. Vitamin-A deficiency Which of the statements given above are correct? .
32) Nano technology is a Knowledge-intensive and enabling technology' which is expected to influence a wide range of products and processes with far-reaching implications for the national economy and development. The Union Cabinet i its approval for continuation the Mission on Nano Science and Technology (Nano Mission) Phase-II in the 12th Plan The total cost of the project is
36) Consider the following statements and choose the correct from the codes given below; 1. The Naval Offshore Patrol Vessel INS-Sumedha was launched at Goa Shipyard on May 21, 2011 and was handed over to the Indian Navy on March 11, 2014. 2. INS-Sumedha is the third Saryu class patrol vessel of Indian Navy and it marks the 200th ship constructed by Goa Shipyard.
38) Consider the following statements: 1. The largest 130 MW solar power plant of India 'Welspun Solar MP Project' was launched at Bhagwanpur in Neemuch, Madhya Pradesh on February 26, 2014. 2. It is also the Asia's largest solar power plant. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
40) A tiny 4.4 billion-year-old crystal has been confirmed as the oldest fragment of Earth's crust. The Zircon was found in sandstone in the Jack Hills region of Western Australia. The scientists dated the crystal by studying its uranium and lead atoms. What is the chemical name of Zircon?
42) Archana Bhargava, who resigned from her post on February 21, 2014 even as the bank faces a probe by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the government regarding the piling up of bad loans in the last two quarters, is the Chairman and Managing Director of which nationalised bank?
43) Under the Liberalised Remittance Scheme introduced by the RBI, all resident individuals, including minors, are allowed to freely remit up to USD 75,000 per financial year. Remittances directly or indirectly to which of the following countries is not permitted under the scheme?
45) Union Minister P. Chidambaram tried to get connected to families that have availed of loans for education from.banks by presenting in the interim budget for 2014-15 a moratorium period for all the education loans that had been taken up to March 31, 2009, and outstanding as of March 31, 2013. The government is set to take over the liability for outstanding interest as on December 31, 2013 but the borrower is required to pay the interest for the period after April 1, 2014. Which bank is designated as the nodal bank managing the interest subsidy scheme on educational loans?
46) The banking ombudsman scheme provides an expeditious and inexpensive forum to bank customers for resolution of complaints. Introduced by the RBI with effect from 1995, the scheme covers which of the following types of banks?
48) India has a long coastline, spanning 7516.6 km, forming one of the biggest peninsula in the world. It is serviced by 12 major ports and 187 notified minor and intermediate ports. Recently which port of the country has become one of the 12 major ports that will now be known as Kamarajar Port?
49) 'WhatsApp' Messenger is a proprietary, cross-platform instant messaging subscription service for smart phones. It is a rapidly growing chat platform with more than 450 million monthly users. Which Social media giant, recently, has announced that it has purchased popular mobile messaging company 'WhatsApp' for a whopping $ 19 billion?
53) Consider the following statements: 1. Soma Mondal has been appointed as the- first woman Director (commercial) of Navratna Public Sector Unit (PSU) National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO) on March 12, 2014. 2. Rakesh Sethi has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Allahabad Bank on March 12, 2014. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
56) Consider the following statements: 1. The Union Cabinet, on February 20, 2014, approved the setting-up of Coal Regulatory Authority (CRA). The proposal for setting-up CRA was made by the Union Coal Ministry. 2. The CRA will go a long way in cleaning up the muck that has accumulated in this sector. This will make the sector competitive and increased private participation. 3. The CRA is a non-statutory entity-Its orders will be advisory and not mandatory in nature Which of the statements given above are correct?
57) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statements from the codes given below : 1. Rural development agency National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), on February 14, 2014, announced to form a new concept called Joint Liability Group (JLG) 2. The JLG aimed to provide institutional credit to small farmers like share croppers, oral lessees and agricultural labourers.
58) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), on March 3, 2014, extended the date for exchange of the pre-2005 banknotes to..........The RBI. in its latest release, had advised the banks to facilitate the exchange of these notes for full value and without causing any inconvenience to the public.
62) The Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Uttar Pradesh government launched the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) in Lucknow on March 2, 2014. With this launch, Uttar Pradesh is poised to go through a transformation in terms of industrialisation and generation of employment, This is because, Uttar Pradesh is the
70) Which innovator and entrepreneur at the Kochi-based mobile-internet technology incubator, had the honour of being the youngest speaker at the prestigious World Mobile Congress held in Barcelona (Spain) recently?
73) The Group of Twenty Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (also known as the G-20, G20, and Group of Twenty) is a group of Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors from 20 major economies : 19 countries plus the European Union, which is represented by the President of . the European Council and by the European Central Bank-Where were the G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting concluded recently?
74) Which country has signed into law a bill toughening penalties for gay people but without a clause criminalising those who do not report them and the punishment according which includes life sentences for gay sex and same-sex marriage, but a proposed sentence of up to 14 years for first-time offenders has been removed?
75) The interim Prime Minister Hazem Beblawi has unexpectedly announced the resignation of his government amid a series of strikes, including one by public sector workers and rubbish collectors, and an acute shortage of cooking gas. Beblawi was appointed in July, 2013 after the overthrow the President by military of which of the following country?
77) Who among the following is the Chairman and Managing Director of the Bharatiya Mahila Bank Limited? The first women's bank in India has revealed plans to have 25 branches across the main cities of the country by the end of 2014?
78) The Parliament impeached (dismissed) the President Viktor Yanukovych and he was toppled after he rejected an EU-Ukraine trade pact. This rejection of the trade-pact with EU triggered protests against him and Independence Square acted as the epicenter of the 3-months-long anti-government protests. Who has been named as the interim President of Ukraine?
81) India and Canada signed an audio-visual co-production agreement which will enable film producers from both countries to collaborate in various facets of filmmaking. Under this agreement, films qualify as a national production in each of the partner nations and offer benefits such as government financial assistance, tax concessions and inclusion in domestic television broadcast quotas. From which of the following mentioned countries India has similar agreements? 1. Italy 2, The UK 3. Australia 4. France 5. The USA Which of the statements given above are correct?
82) Which of the following has become the first rail system in the world to be awarded the Gold Standard foundation — a globally accepted certification standard for carbon mitigation projects recently?
84) The 6th Annual Defence and Security Dialogue between India and China was held in New Delhi. During the meeting, both sides exchanged views on a number of regional and global security issues of mutual concern, in particular, issues concerning the security situation in South Asia, the Asia-Pacific and the Indian Ocean region. In this respected both sides decided to designate 2014 as the year of
85) India plans to add over 30 GW of renewable energy to its energy mix in the next five years. We succeeded in making the success of the wind programme as well as the significant cost reductions in solar energy through the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM). India has conducive and investor friendly policy framework for promoting renewable energy in a big way. Recently with which of the South American country has India agreed to enhance cooperation in the field of renewable energy?
86) India and Poland have agreed for deepening collaboration covering diverse activities including conservation, museums, archaeology, archives, science museums, and performing arts in a meeting between Secretary Culture, Ravindra Singh and the visiting Deputy Minister of Culture and National Heritage of Poland Prof. Malgorzata Omilanowska. Consider the following regarding this: 1. A Joint Working Group will be set-up to identify specific deliverables from both sides and develop an operational plan. 2. Poland will provide opportunity to young artists from India to perform at newly constructed Kryszt of Penderecki Luslawice National Music Hall and provide scholarships for emerging talents. 3. The two countries shall develop collaboration in Museum Management. ' Which of the statements given above are correct?
87) The formation of a commission for India's minorities, which constitute about 18.4% of the population is one of the recommendations of the Rajinder Sachar Committee. A high-level Indian delegation led by Minister for Minority Affairs K. Rahman Khan met senior ministers and officials of which country to formulate the framework of an equal opportunity commission for India?
93) Which country has decided to block the investigations by the United States into its trade policies and patent laws, and prepare for a battle at the World Trade Organisation (WTO) on February 24, 2014?
98) The RBI is gearing up to issue new bank licences subject to the Election Commission's nod as the model code of conduct took effect on 5 Mar. Which of the following is correct in this regard? (A) The applicants for new licences include the Aditya Birla group, Anil Ambani's Reliance group, IDFC, IFCI, L&T Finance Holdings, Muthoot Finance and LIC Housing Finance. (B) The applications have been examined by a committee headed by the former RBI Governor, Bimal Jalan. (C) Now, the Finance Minister will examine the applications and forward his views to the committee of the RBI's Central Board to take the final call.
99) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statements from the codes given below : 1. India and Israel signed an agreement on cooperation in public and Homeland Security on February 27, 2014. 2. India and Israel has signed the Extradition Treaty and Agreement for the transfer of sentenced persons in 2012.
101) The govt has decided against changing the appointment criteria for RBI deputy governors. The rules, which were last altered around five years ago, prohibits CMDs of which of the following from being considered for the deputy governor's job in the RBI?
103) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statements from the codes given below : 1. Jordan and Egypt singed an MoU with Iraq on March 9, 2014. Under which natural gas will be supplied from Iraq to Jordan and Egypt. 2. The MoU will enable the countries to connect the natural gas fields in Iraq to the Arab gas Pipeline. 3. The Arab Gas pipeline stretches from Egypt's Arish in northern Sinai through Jordan to Lebanon.
104) Consider the following statements: 1. Michelle Bachelet has been sworn-in as the President of Chile on March 11, 2014. 2. Ibrahim Mehlaab has been appointed as Egypt's new Prime Minister on February 25, 2014. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
107) With respect to BIMSTEC Summit, which of the following statements is/are correct? 1. The first BIMSTEC Summit was held in 2004 in Bangkok and the second Summit was held in 2008 in New Delhi. 2. Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Bhutan, Thailand, India, Nepal and President of Sri Lanka and Myanmar met in Nye Pyi Taw, Myanmar, on March 4, 2014, for the third BIMSTEC Summit Meeting. 3. The Fourth BIMSTEC Meeting will be held in 2015 in Bhutan.
110) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statements from the codes given below : 1. The UN Security Council, on March 17, 2014, extended the mandate of the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) for another year until March 17, 2015. 2. The mandate is focused on local ownership and leadership regarding security, governance and development in Afghanistan.
111) The issue of the pepper spray incident in the Lok Sabha,which saw widespread outrage and condemnation, was referred by the Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar to the Privileges Committee with punitive powers. Who is heading the Committee?
116) Consider the following statements about India-China and choose the correct statements from the codes given below : 1. The '6th Annual Defence and Security Dialogue between India and China was held in New Delhi on February 24, 2014. 2. The two sides noted that 2014 has been designated as the 'Year of Friendly Exchanges' and agreed to continue to expand the exchanges between the Armed Forces of both sides so as to foster mutual trust and understanding.
117) Every bank is required to maintain, at the close of business every day, a minimum proportion of their net demand and time liabilities as liquid assets in the form of cash (book value), gold (current market value) and balances in unencumbered approved securities. It is termed as
118) Bank's non-performing assets (NPAs) in India surged to 50% in 2013 as revealed in a report released by NPAsource.com recently. Which of the following banks had the highest share of NPAs among the listed banks in 2013?
119) Consider the following statements: 1. The Parliament' of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, on March 11, 2014, adopted a Crimean declaration of independence from Ukraine, ahead of .a planned referendum. 2. On March 16, 2014, an overwhelming majority voted in favour of independence of Crimea from Ukraine and joining Russia as a federal subject. 3. The President of Russia, the Prime Minister of Crimea, and the Mayor of Sevastopol, on March 18, 2014, jointly signed an agreement for Crimea and Sevastopol to join the Russian Federation. 4. Simferopol is the capital of Crimea. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
121) Which of the following Swiss banks has agreed to pay $196 mn to settle charges that it violated US securities law by providing cross-border financial services to US clients without registering with regulators in the country?
122) Chief Minister of which State has unveiled the 20 km free Wi-Fi zone, the longest across the globe and a 'city surveillance and dial 100' scheme under which at least 100 CCTV cameras installed in different localities of the state capital became operational along with the state data centre for storing of the 'data' collected by these cameras?
124) The Govt notified rules for mandatory 'corporate social responsibility (CSR)' spending recently. Consider the following in this regard: (A) Under new rules, companies with sizeable businesses would need to spend minimum 4 per cent of net profit for the benefit of the society. (B) The CSR activities will have to be within India, and the new rules will also apply to foreign companies registered here. (C) Funds given to political parties and the money spent for the benefit of the company's own employees (and their families) will not count as CSR. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
125) The Act for the regulation of real estate player in a state makes it mandatory for developers to disclose property title and layout and completion plans to buyers. The project details have to be registered with the regulatory authority and will be displayed on its website. Which state will be the first State to appoint a real estate regulator?
126) Which of the following states in India has been declared as the best state in the country for implementing Rural Tourism Project and has been conferred the National Tourism Award; 2012-13 recently?
128) The Rajya Sabha passed the Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Bill, 2014. The Bill provides for protection of livelihoods rights, social security of street vendors, regulation of urban street vending in the country and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto. Consider the following provisions of the Bill : 1. Procedure for relocation, eviction and confiscation of goods has been specified and made street vendor friendly. 2. The Bill provides for a survey of all existing, street vendors, and subsequent survey at-least once in every year. 3. The Bill provides for constitution of a Town Vending Authority. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
131) Amid the passage of Telangana Bill, Pepper spray incident took place in the Indian Parliament. The Lok Sabha Speaker, Meira Kumar referred the pepper spray incident in the Parliament to the Committee of Privileges, which has powers to recommend punitive measures which include recommending imprisonment and even expulsion among others. The committee would also consider whether Members of Parliament should be frisked for security purposes before entering the two Houses. Consider the following about the committee : 1. The committee is headed by P. Chidambaram, 2. It has 15 members. 3. It doesn't have any judicial power. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
133) In a recent landmark judgment, the Supreme Court, on February 20, 2014, ruled that any person can adopt a child under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act 2000 irrespective of religion he or she follows and even if the personal laws of the particular religion does not permit it. With this, the right to adopt a child now extends to Muslims, and other communities.Till now which of the following mentioned communities enjoyed this right? 1. Christian 2. Buddhist 3. Jain Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
136) What is the name of 95 years old Parliamentarian of India and member of the first Lok Sabha in 1952, who has decided to retire recently and the present term of whom in Rajya Sabha ends in . April, 2014?
140) The Union Ministry of Home Affairs, on February 21, 2014, constituted a committee to look into the various kinds of concerns of the persons hailing from the North-Eastern States. Who is the head of the committee?
144) The government of India, on February 27, 2014, constituted 'one-man expert committee to study and examine the demand of a separate State of Bodoland, which will be carved out from Asom. Who is the head of the committee?
148) Which of the following sports federations in India has been accorded status of National Sports Federation recently and will now represent India in international events? Earlier, the Sports Ministry had derecognised it for not adhering to govt guidelines.
149) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statements from the codes given below : 1. Dr. Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India, dedicated 'Indira Paryavaran Bhawan' to the nation on February 25, 2014. 2. 'Indira Paryavaran Bhawan' is India's first onsite Net Zero Building built by adoption of solar passive design and energy efficient building material.
153) Market regulator SEBI has proposed a 'Monitoring Agency' to oversee possible misuse of IPO funds. Currently, companies are required to appoint such agencies only for IPOs and other public issues worth what amount?
156) The RBI has extended the date for exchanging pre-2005 banknotes advising banks to facilitate the exchange of these notes for full value and without causing any inconvenience to the public. Now exchange will be available till
160) With respect to Whistleblower Protection Bill, which of the following statements is/are. correct?. 1. This Bill was passed by Union Legislature on February 21, 2014. 2. The Bill aims to. provide a regular mechanism to encourage persons to disclose information on corruption or. willful misuse of power by public servants and Ministers. 3. The Bill was passed by Lok Sabha in 2011 and was taken up by the Rajya Sabha in 2012 for consideration.
163) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statements from the codes given below : 1. The Union government, on February 24,2014, inaugurated the National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG) in New Delhi. 2. The NCGG has been set-up by upgrading the National Institute of Administrative Research (NIAR).
165) As per the latest data released by the Central Statistics Office (CSO), which of the following is India's fastest growing state with its Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) growing at 15.05 per cent during 2012-13?
166) With regards to Euthanasia, which of the following statements is/ are correct? 1. The Supreme Court constituted a five-Judge constitution bench regarding the issue of legalising euthanasia in India on February 25, -2014. 2. Euthanasia refers to the practice of intentionally ending a life in order to relieve pain and suffering.
168) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) sold SDRs to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for interim payment to the govt for meeting the fiscal deficit target of 4.8 per cent of GDP in the current financial year. SDR stands for
172) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statements from the codes given below : 1. The Union Cabinet, on February 28. 2014, approved setting-up of a new rail coach manufacturing unit at Kolar, Karnataka 2. The unit will manufacture 500 coaches per annum at an estimated cost of Rs.1460.92 crore with active participation of State government.
175) Which of the following statements is/are correct? 1. The Union 'Cabinet, on March 2, . 2014, cleared reservation for Jat Community under the Central list of OBC category in nine northern States. This move of the Cabinet will benefit to about nine crore people of the community. 2. National Commission for ' Backward Classes is an Indian Statutory Body' established on August 14, 1993, under the provisions of National Commission for Backward Classes Act, 1993.
177) Third BIMSTEC Summit was concluded in Myanmar recently. Consider the following in this regard: (A) The Third BIMSTEC Energy Ministerial Meeting will be held in Nepal. (B) The Fourth BIMSTEC Energy Ministerial Meeting will be held in Bhutan in 2015. (C) The BIMSTEC Energy Centre is planned to be established in Bengaluru, India. Which of the above statements is/are correct with respect to the declaration made after the summit?
178) Consider the following statements: 1. The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee signed the Telangana Bill to carve out Telangana State on March 1, 2014. 2. The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill 2014 , got Parliament's approval on February 20, 2014, paving the way for creation of the country's 29th -State. 3. The government of India, on March 4, 2014, declared that June 2 would be the Telangana Formation Day. 4. As per the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill 2014, Hyderabad is envisaged as the -common capital for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana for five years. Which of the statements given above are correct?