This Day is observed to honour legendary physician, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy whose birth and death anniversary falls on the same day. On February 4, 1961, he received the Bharat Ratna. The BC Roy National Award was instituted in 1976 for work in the area of medicine, politics, science, philosophy, literature and arts.
JULY 11 :World Population Day
World Population Day is observed to bring awareness to people about importance of small families and living healthy lives. The day is celebrated with several programs that are initiated to educate people about family planning methods. The theme of World population Day 2014 was investing in Young People. It was first celebrated in 1987, the day when world population reached five billion people.
JULY 12 : Malala Day
MalalaYousafzal, a Pakistani social activist known as activism for rights to education and rights for women. She was attacked by Talibani Terrorist on October 9, 2012. On July 12, 2013 United Nations (UN) dubbed the birthday of Malala Yousafzal as Malala Day. After that every year July 12 celebrated as "Malala Day".
JULY 16 : 69th Garo Labour Corps Day
This Day was observed in Meghalaya on July 16, 2014. On this day, the State saluted and paid homage to the heroes of World War 1. The homage was paid to the 500 Garo men, who were recruited by British 96 years ago in 1917 in the 69 the Garo a labour Crops. The selected men were sent to France to help the Allied Forces during the War and on this day Garo men returned to India at Tura in Meghalaya from Mersailles in France.
JULY 26 : International Gaucher Day
The world observed first International Gaucher Day. The day was observed to mark the 160 the birthday of Philippe Gaucher. Slogan of the day was Rare But Not Alone.
The International Gaucher Day has been established by the European Gaucher a alliance (EGA) to raise international awareness about Gaucher disease. The Gaucher disease is a life threatining autosomal recessive disease called as Lysosomal Storage a disorders(lipid storage disease).
JULY 28 : World Hepatitis Day
The day is observed to raise awareness and influence real change in disease prevention and access to testing and treatment. This year's theme Think Again, acknowledges that we do not know nearly enough about viral hepatitis as a health threat in much of the world. For the first time, it was launched in 2008 by the World Hepatitis Alliance in concern of chronic viral hepatitis.
JULY 29 : International Tiger Day
International Tiger Day is observed on July 29 the every year to draw attention to the plight of one of the world's most majestic species, for it is estimated that only 3200 tigers are left in the world now. Tiger Day is backed by many animal welfare organizations.
1) Who among the following Finance Ministers of India had/has presented the Union Budget ten times, the most by any Finance Minister so far?
13) Which of the following countries has adopted a comprehensive anti-terror law recently, giving security forces unbridled powers, including shoot-at-sight suspects? It will remain in force for two years.
24) Who among the following won IBSF '6-Red World Snooker title in Egypt recently and created history by becoming the first player in the world to win world titles in the long and shorter formats of both billiards and snooker?
29) The committee which has recommended that Indian money and currency markets move their benchmarks towards transaction-based from poll-based in an attempt to weed out manipulation, recently, was headed by who among the following?
31) The instruments issued by registered foreign institutional investors (FIIs) to investors abroad who wish to invest in the Indian stock markets but without registering themselves with the market regulator SEBI are called
34) Which of the following real-estate firms in India has become country's first real-estate developer to get ISO 9001:2008 quality certification for development of housing and commercial projects recently?
43) The world's largest multinational naval exercise, 24th Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) exercise, was conducted with 22 nations and six observer nations recently. Which of the following nations was NOT a participant in this year's exercise?
45) The Minister of State for Home Affairs Kircn Rijiju led the Indian delegation to 6th Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Reduction recently. The Conference was held in which of the following cities?
53) Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) is a forum for 21 Pacific Rim member economies that seeks to promote free trade and economic cooperation. Which of the following countries is NOT a member of APBC as of now?
(4) Minimum price on which products can be exported
(5) None of these
55) Bor Wildlife Sanctuary will be the country's47th Tiger Reserve as 'the Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar approved the proposal for the same recently. this wildlife sanctuary is 'located' in which of the following states?
72) Examine the following facts with respect to the Railways Budget 2014-15 presented by the Union Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda: (A) India's railway is the world's fourth-largest railways network. (B) The first bullet train between Mumbai and Ahmedabad route has been proposed. (C) The Indian Railways has made the highest ever plan outlay of Rs.65,445 cr for the current fiscal, with a budgetary support of over Rs.30,000 cr. (D) The operating surplus is estimated to be Rs.11,754 cr in the current financial year. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
(1) Rs. 5000 cr for rehabilitation of displaced Kashmiri migrants
(2) Allocation of Rs. 500 cr for rural electrification
(3) Sanitation in every household by 2019
(4) New scheme for skill development called 'Skill India' to be launched
(5) None of these
77) Consider the following statements with respect to the recommendations of the Arvind Mayaram committee which the govt accepted recently: (A) An overseas investment equal to 10 per cent and above in a listed firm will be treated as FD1 and investments below 10 per cent will be treated as Foreign Portfolio Investment (FPI). (B) An investment below 10 per cent can also be treated as FDI subject to the condition that the FDI stake is raised to 10 per cent or beyond within one year from the date of the first purchase. (C) The foreign investment in an unlisted company, irrespective of the threshold limit, may be treated as FDI. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
78) The first indigenously built anti-submarine warship (ASW) was handed over to the Indian Navy in Kolkata recently. It is first in its class of four ASW corvettes being built under Project-28 for the Navy and is named
80) As proposed in the Union Budget for FY 2014-15, four more AIIMS will be set up in the country with current allocation of Rs. 500 cr. Which of the following are the states/regions where these institutes will come up?
83) Magnus Carlsen has become the first man to hold the Chess Triple Crown by holding the World Blitz, Rapid, and Classic titles consecutively. Who among the following was the first chess player in the world to hold all three world titles in a row?
84) The Centre has decided to put on hold further amalgamation of regional rural banks (RRBs) as these face challenges in meeting capital adequacy norms. What is the number of RRBs in the country as in Mar 2014?
86) Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) were set up in 1975 to create an alternative channel to the cooperative credit structure. What is the share structure of the central govt, the state govts and the sponsor banks respectively in the RRBs as of now?
98) The RBI increased the cash reserve ratio (CRR) for non-scheduled urban co-operative banks (UCBs) to what per cent of their total demand and time liabilities recently? Effective from Jul 12, the increase will bring them on par with scheduled primary (urban) cooperative Banks.
104) The first bill of the new BJP govt, the National Institute of Design Bill 2013, was passed in the Rajya Sabha recently. Now declared an institution of national importance, the National Institute of Design is situated at
105) Which of the following institutions had been set up as an apex development bank with a mandate for facilitating credit flow for promotion and development of agriculture and small-scale industries?
106) According to the data provided in the Economic Survey 2013-14 recently, India's balance-of-paymcnts position improved dramatically in 2013-14. What was India's current account deficit (CAD) in 2013-14?
121) Which of the statements given below is/are correct? 1. The scientists at the International Wheat Genome Sequencing Consortium (IWGSC), on July 17, 2014, unveiled the genetic blueprint of bread wheat. 2. The unveiling of genome sequence of wheat will make possible the increase in wheat productivity and better resistance to climate change.
123) Which of the statements given below is/are correct? 1. World's first Android Newcaster was unveiled in Japan on June 24, 2014. 2. It will interact with visitors to collect data for studies into human-robot interactions.
124) The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), on June 9, 2014 reduced the rate of interest by how many basis points (bps) on long-term refinance facility to banks with an objective to promote from sector investments?
125) The World Bank, on June 11,2014, released Global Economic Prospects (GEP) report and revised down the economic forecast for developing world in 2014 to...........from 5.3%,estimated in January, 2014.
129) The government of India, on June 21, 2014, accepted the report of Arvind Mayaram Committee on rationalising definitions of FDI and FII. As per the report, foreign investment of...........or more in a listed company will now be treated as FDI.
130) The RBI has recognised Micro Finance Institution Network (MFIN) as the Self Regulatory Organisation for NBEC-MFIs on June 18, 2014. The decision taken by the RBI was based on the recommendations made by which committee?
132) Which of the statements given below is/are correct? 1. The scientists, on June 24, 2014, developed new skin technology that can detect cracks in concrete structures. 2. The technology will allow the authorities to respond quickly to damage in everything from nuclear facilities to bridges.
134) Which of the statements given below is/are correct? 1. India's first indigenous Anti-Submarine Warship (ASW) INS-Kamorta was handed over to the Indian Navy by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) in Kolkata on July 12,2014. 2. INS-Kamrota is the first in its class of four ASW corvettes being built by GRSE under Project-28 for the Navy.
136) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), on July 3, 2014, restored the limit of Overseas Direct Investment (ODI) by an Indian company under the automatic route of Foreign Exchange Management Act, 2004. With this decision, now an Indian company can undertake financial commitment or invest up to how many percent of the net worth in all its Joint Ventures (JVs) and/or Wholly Owned Subsidiaries (WOSs) abroad?
138) NASA's Curiosity rover, on June 24, 2014, completed one whole Martian year on planet Mars. The Martian year refers to the length of times for Mars to complete one orbit around the Sun and is about ...........Earth solar days.
140) Which of the statements given , below is/are correct? 1. National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) and Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC), on July 4, 2014, signed an MoU for the development of small farm producers. 2. The MoU seeks to bring the two institutions in close coordination for implementing schemes for promotion of Producer Organisations.
145) C. Rangrajan Committee to review the methodology for measurement of poverty presented its report to the Union Planning Minister Rao Inderjit Singh in July, 2014. In this regard, consider the following statements: 1. The daily per capita expenditure is pegged at ? 32 for the rural poor and at Rs. 47 for the urban poor. 2. Poverty line based on the average monthly per capita expenditure is pegged at Rs. 972 for rural India and Rs. 1407 for urban India. 3. The percentage of people below the poverty line in 2011-12 was 30.95 in rural, areas and 26.4 in urban areas. Which of the statements given above are correct?
146) The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) amended the Telecom Consumers Complaint Redressal Regulations, 2012 and now these regulations are known as Telecom Consumers Complaint Redressal (Third Amendment) Regulations,, 2014. With this amendment, TRAI raised the minimum broadband speed to..........kbps from the earlier 256 kbps.
147) India, successfully test-fired the supersonic cruise missile BrahMos from indigenous INS-Kolkata off the coast of Karwar in Karnataka on June 9, 2014. BrahMos missile is the product of joint collaboration between India and Russia and has a range of
148) Union government of India enhanced the per student cooking cost under the Mid Day Meal Scheme ,(MDMS). In this regard, consider the following statements: 1. The cooking cost per student per day for the primary level has been increased from Rs. 3.34 (2013-14) to Rs. 3.59 (2014-15). 2. The cooking cost per student per day for the upper primary level has been increased from Rs. 5 (2013-14) to Rs. 5.38 (2014-15). Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
152) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statement(s) from the codes given below : 1. INS-Kuthar warship was damaged in a mishap on July 13, 2014. It was commissioned in the Indian Navy in 1990. 2. This was the 15th such incident after INS-Sindhurakshak sank on August 14, 2013.
153) Indian Army test-fired surface-to-air Akash missile from an Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Balasore, Odisha on June 18, 2014. The missile intercepted fast-moving, simall unmanned aerial vehicle named Banshee at an altitude of..........above the sea level.
154) Which two countries, on June 28, 2014, signed six agreements of bilateral importance? As per the agreement, a Joint Commission on cooperation will be established that will guide the bilateral mechanism including identifying areas of bilateral cooperation, arriving at agreements, implementation, identifying issues and finding solutions.
155) India, on June 30, 2014, announced a new liberal visa policy for nationals of Afghanistan on humanitarian grounds. The new policy allows nationals of Afghanistan to stay in India on stay visa or resident permit for a period of how many years at a time?
156) Which of the statements given below is/are correct? 1. Pakistan Army launched phase-II of the Operation Zarb-e-Azb or Strike of the Prophet's Sword on June 30, 2014. 2. The phase-II of the operation will be in the form of ground offensive against Taliban militants in North Waziristan.
157) Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India, dedicated INS-Vikramaditya to the nation on June 14, 2014, With this, India's largest warship, INS-Vikramaditya has been inducted into Indian Navy. INS-Vikramaditya has been acquired from which country?
158) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statement(s) from the codes given below : 1. National Assembly of Pakistan, on July 2,2014, approved Protection of Pakistan Bill 2014 amid military offensive against the Taliban in North Waziristan. This Bill will remain in force for two years. 2. The Protection of Pakistan Bill, 2014 seeks to provide for protection against waging of war against Pakistan and the prevention of acts threatening the security of Pakistan.
159) Which of the statements given below is/are correct? 1. Japan, on July 3, 2014, issued Multiple Entry Visas for short term stay to Indians. 2. The Visas will allow Indian visitors to spend up to 15 days on a visit and are likely to be valid for three years.
162) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statement(s) from the codes given below: 1. China-South Korea Bilateral Summit was held in Seoul on July 3, 2014. 2. During the Summit, both countries agreed for denuclearising and maintaining peace and stability of the Korean peninsula.
163) Which of the statements given below is/are correct? 1. Japan, on July 1,2014, ended the 60 years of pacifism giving Army the option to exercise force. 2. With the end of pacifism in Japan imposed by the Article-9 of.the 1947 Constitution, Japanese armed forces will become more aligned with the militaries of other advanced nations in terms of its options.
164) Which of the statements given below is/are correct? 1. German Cabinet headed by German Chancellor Angela Merkel, on July 3, 2014, approved a new law that allows dual citizenship for the children of immigrants. 2. According to the new law, those born since 1990 will now be allowed to keep passports, that is, German citizenship and the citizenship of their parent's country of origin.
165) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statement(s) from the codes given below: 1. India and China, on June 30, 2014, signed three agreements in the fields of commerce, water resources and human resources development. 2. The signed agreements will facilitate China to set-up industrial parks, share hydrological information during Brahmaputra floods and impart training to public officials.
167) Which of the statements given below is/are correct? 1. UN Tribunal, Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA), on July 8, 2014, ruled on the Indo-Bangladesh maritime border dispute of the Bay of Bengal. The verdict was binding on both countries that will open the way for Bangladesh to explore for oil and gas in the Bay of Bengal. 2. Both the countries accepted the ruling and described that the ruling paved the way for greater economic cooperation of the Bay of Bengal.
168) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statement(s) from the codes given below : 1. Jean-Claude Juncker has been named as the next President of the European Commission on June 26, 2014. 2. He was the Prime Minister of Luxembourg from 1995 to 2013.
170) 75. 20th FIFA World Cup was held in Brazil from June 12 to July 13, 2014. Germany won the FIFA World Cup 2014 after defeating Argentina in the final by 1-0. Before this, how many times have Germany won the FIFA World Cup?
172) Which of the statements given below is/are correct? 1. The 2014 FIFA World Cup was the 19th FIFA World Cup. 2. The official mascot of the 2014 FIFA World Cup was Fuleco—the Armadillo. 3. Thomas Mueller of Germany scored the only hat-trick of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
174) Which country, on June 22, 2014, ratified the additional protocol with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on June 22, 2014? The ratification of additional protocol will boost energy security and will enhance the decks for large imports of nuclear technology.
175) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statement(s) from the codes given below : 1. India and Canada has signed an India-Canada Audio-visual Co-production Treaty with an aim to create jobs in both countries and boost tourism. 2. This treaty is the first of its kind for India and was signed in Delhi.
180) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statement(s) from the codes given below : 1. Bashar al-Assad has been sworn-in as the President of Syria for a seventh year term on July 16, 2014. With this, he became the President for the third consecutive term. . 2. Bashar al-Assad belongs to People's party.
181) Consider the following statements : 1. India and Brazil, on July 16, 2014, signed three agreements during the sixth BRICS summit in Fortaleza, Brazil. 2. The three agreements signed between the two countries are : Moll on cooperation in the field of environment, agreement of space and MoU on cooperation in the establishment of a consultation mechanism on mobility and consular issues. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
182) Which of the statements given below is/are correct? 1. Sixth BRICS summit was held in Fortaleza, Brazil on July 15-16,2014. 2. The theme of the summit was 'Inclusive Growth : Sustainable Solutions'. 3. China will host the seventh BRICS summit in 2015 in the city of Ufa.
183) Which of the statements given below is/are correct? 1. Lionel Messi (Argentina) was awarded with the Adidas Golden Ball award for his outstanding display in the FIFA World Cup 2014. 2. James Rodriguez (Uruguay) was awarded with the Adidas Golden Boot award to score maximum goals (6) in the FIFA World Cup 2014.
185) Pankaj Advani, on June 29, 2014, created history by becoming the first player in the world to win world titles in the long and shorter formats of both Billiards and Snooker by pocketing the IBSF World-6 Snooker Championship, which was held in Egypt. He belongs to which State of India?
187) ABDe Villiers, on June 21, 2014, replaced Virat Kohli as the number one batsman in the ICC ODI batsman rankings. With this, he became the top batsman in both test and one day ICC rankings. AB De Villers belongs to which country?
189) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statement(s) from the codes given below : 1. Bolivia, on July 18, 2014, passed a law to legalise child labour for kids from age 10. 2. As per the norms of the International Labour Organisation (ILO), children under the age of 15 should not be allowed to work, but it allowed a minimum working age of 14 for developing countries.
190) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statements from the codes given below : 1. The Madhya Pradesh government, on June 17, 2014, approved the Narmada-Malwa-Gambhir Link Project (NMGLP). 2. Under the NMGLP, there is no need for constructing a dam and also there will be no need for resettlement and rehabilitation.
196) Which of the statements given below is/are correct? 1. The 127th edition of the Durand Cup will be held in Goa from October 28 to November 9, 2014. 2. Durand Cup football tournament was first played in 1888.
197) The Power Ministry, on June 25, 2014, has set-up a seven-member panel called 'Advisory Group for Integrated Development of Power, Coal and Renewable Energy' to look into issues related to power sector. Who is the Chairman of this Advisory Group?
198) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statement(s) from the codes given below 1. Luiz Felipe Scolari, the football coach of Brazil, on July 14, 2014 resigned after Brazil failed to win the FIFA World Cup 2014. 2. He guided the team to win the FIFA World Cup 2002.
199) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statement(s) from the codes given below : 1. Project Seabird Phase II in Karwar, Karnataka, on June 9, 2014, got environment clearance by the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests. 2. Project Seabird was approved in 1999 to pursue the construction of the new naval base at Karwar.
200) The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, on June 9, 2014, signed an MoU to provide......... preventive services to transport sector workers,
201) Consider the following statements : 1. The Indian contingent won five medals (2 Gold + 3 Silver) in 45th International Physics Olympiad (IPHO 2014), which was held in Astana, Kazakhstan from July 13-21 2014. 2. The International Physics Olympiad was started in the year 1965 in order to recognise the increasing importance of Physics in Science and Technology fields as well as in terms of general education. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
202) Consider the following statements and choose the correct statement(s) from the codes given below : 1. Union government, on June 19, 2014, reconstituted six important Cabinet committees. Of these, four will be headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and remaining two by Home Minister Rajnath Singh. 2. The six Cabinet committees include Security, Political Affairs, Parliamentary Affairs, Economic Affairs, Accomodation and Appointments.
204) The Supreme Court, on July 2, 2014, ruled that the police cannot automatically arrest the accused in dowry cases and police must give reasons for taking such steps, which will be judicially examined. Dowry harassment is enshrined in which Section of the Indian Penal Code (IPC)?
206) The Central Ground Water Board and Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), on July 9, 2014, signed a Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) to facilitate a collaborative study to assess the impact of ground water abstraction on land subsidence in which part of India?
208) Which of the following statements is/are correct? 1. Union Ministry of Railways launched the Social Media Platform for the Indian Railways on July 7, 2014. 2. With this, customers can connect with the Railways through Facebook and Twitter.
210) The Union Ministry of Culture, on June 20, 2014, has launched a project to rekindle long-lost ties across nations of the Indian ocean and forge new avenues of cooperation and exchange. What is the name of the project?
212) Consider the following statements : 1. India's first One Stop Crisis Centre (OSCC) named Gauravi was launched in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh on June 16, 2014. It was launched by the Bollywood actor Amir Khan. 2. The Centre is first of its kind in India for women who are victims of violence. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
213) Noted Hindi poet Kedarnath Singh was chosen for the prestigious Jnanpith award for 2013 on June 20, 2014. He is the 10th Hindi writer to receive the honour. He is the........recipient of Jnanpith award.
219) Consider the following statements and choose the correct answer from the codes given below : 1. World's highest railway bridge is being constructed in India over the river Chenab. 2. It is expected to be 35 m taller than the Eiffel Tower.