4) India has inked an agreement to participate as the partner country of the Hannover Messe (Fair) 2015. One of the world's leading trade fairs for industrial technology, it is organised in which of the following countries?
10) The State Bank of India (SBI) and its five associate banks would raise about Rs.33,000 cr capital to meet Basel III norms in the next five years. Which of the following is NOT an associate bank of the SBI as of now?
15) Which of the following states has launched State Road Safety Policy-2014, claiming to be the first such initiative in the country? It seeks to check occurrence of street accidents and resulting mortalities.
24) Which of the following state assemblies is the first to ratify National Judicial Appointments Commission (NJAC) Bill? The Constitution Amendment Bill passed by the Parliament requires endorsement of at least 50 per cent of state Assemblies.
34) The IRDA launched a pilot project, making it mandatory for all life insurers to convert a certain number of the total individual policies issued into demat format. What is the minimum number of policies to be converted under this project?
39) The Banking Ombudsman Scheme enables an expeditious and inexpensive forum to bank customers for resolution of complaints relating to certain services rendered by banks. What is maximum compensation that a complainant can seek through the Banking Ombudsman?
47) Who among the following has/have won the 2014 Right Livelihood honorary award, promoted as the 'Alternative Nobel Prize'? It is awarded by the Swedish charity organisation the Right Livelihood Award Foundation.
68) The govt constituted which of the following funds on 3 Nov 2005, into which the proceeds from disinvestment of CPSEs were to be channelised and would remain there until withdrawn/invested for the approved purposes?
77) Which of the following statements is/are correct about rejuvenating Ganga Plan ? 1. The government has formed a 'three phase plan' to rejuvenate Ganga with short-term (3 years), medium term (5 years) and long term (10 years) goals. 2. All Gram Panchayats on Ganga banks are to be made open defecation-free and level of discharge from polluting industries shall be zero.
79) Which of the following statements is/are correct about 'World Green Building Week'? 1. The theme of World Green Building Week 2014 is 'Wake up, Green up', which reflects that world Green Building Week is getting bigger and bigger. 2. World Green Building Week is held _ annually to highlight the importance of sustainable buildings for businesses, communities and individuals across Asia.
81) Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) flows to India surged by about 34% to $ 1.92 billion in the month of June, according to data given by Department of Industrial Policy. From which of the following countries, maximum investment came during the period?
84) Which of the following statements is/are correct about Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM)? 1. MOM is an Indian project led by ISRO also called as Mangalyaan. 2. Main objective of MOM is to develop the technologies required for design, planning, management, and operations of an interplanetary mission. Code
(2) women, special children and senior citizens in President's Estate
(3) working people in President's Estate
(4) unemployed people in President's Estate
(5) None of these
88) Which of the following statements is/are correct about global warming? 1. Emissions related to concrete production are estimated to represent 5-10% of industrial greenhouse gas emissions. 2. Reducing the ratio of calcium to silicate in cement production would help in cutting those emissions and producing stronger concrete.
(1) approval of any SEZ is valid only for three years and cannot be extended
(2) the projects have not made any satisfactory progress in terms of execution
(3) these companies have not applied for extension
(4) they are not in operation by these companies
(5) None of these
90) Which of the following statements is/are correct about 'Aquaman crystal'? 1. It is a crystal that can absorb huge amounts of oxygen and can allow a person to respire underwater without any oxygen tank. 2. It can help only divers as it absorbs oxygen only from water and it cannot absorb oxygen from air. Code
(1) Approach to capacity building in banks and non-banks.
(2) Creation of position of 'Chief Learning Officer' in banks and concept of return on learning.
(3) Strategy for addressing issues of replacement/replenishments of talent in banks.
(4) Periodic Common Banking Aptitude Test (BAT) to check the ability of generalists and specialists.
(5) None of these
92) Which of the following statements is/are true about the first olive refinery in India? 1. With Israel's assistance, Rajasthan started the first olive refinery in India, as it is leading in the area of olive farming in India. 2. The oil produced in the refinery will be marked under the brand name 'Rajiv Olive Oil' in the memory of former PM. Rajiv Gandhi. Code
95) Consider the following statements : 1. Japan is the fourth largest FDI contributor to India with major interest in pharmaceuticals, automobiles and service sectors. 2. Japan accounts for 7.46% of total FDI equity inflows into India. 3. However, India is not an attractive destination for Japanese companies. 4. Over the last decade, the number of Japanese establishments have decreased. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
96) Consider the following statements : 1. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has given permission for monetary policy framework wherein the Centre will specify 'inflation targets' for Reserve Bank of India. 2. An expert committee of the RBI appointed to examine monetary policy, needed by RBI Deputy Governor Urijit R. Patel also recommended the same. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
98) Which one of the following committee has recently released his report which was constituted by the RBI with the objective of implementing non-legislative recommendations of the Financial Sector Legislative Performs Commission (FSLRC) relating to capacity building in banks and non-banks?
99) Which of the following statements is/are true about 'Sigappi' paddy of Tamil Nadu? 1. It is a semi dwarf, erect and non-lodging variety that gives higher productivity even if the fields get submerged in water for 10-12 days continuously. 2. It is similar to the traditional variety 'Ponmani' and is best-suited to make idli and dosa. Code
100) Consider the following statements : 1. Afghanistan is the largest exporter of opium in the world. 2. Afghanistan produced about 90% of world opium in 2013 and it was a record. 3. Government has done various attempts to persuade farmers to diversify, but the high sale price of opium makes it difficult for farmers to resist. 4. Afghanistan is also rich in natural gas, thus it is second commodity to export in Afghanistan. Which of the statements given above is/are incorrect?
102) Which one of the following Indian infrastructural group has signed a Joint Development Agreement (JDA) with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) to jointly develop the Marsyangd di-IV hydro-power project in Nepal?
(1) A financial literacy programme and creation of a financial literacy hub within Rashtrapati Bhawan for the students, their families as well as all residents of the President's Estate.
(2) Opening of Saving Bank Accounts for the unbanked under the Pradhanmantri Jan-Dhan Yojana.
(3) Enrolment of all residents in UIDAI's Aadhar Scheme.
(4) Financial aid for poor.
(5) None of these
105) Which of the following statements is/are correct about world's largest telescope? 1. World's largest telescope is to be fixed at Hawaii island near the Mauna Kea lake. 2. India, China, USA, Japan, Canada are involved in this project in which 492 hexagonal mirrors will be used.
106) Transfer pricing is defined as the price at which divisions of a company based in different countries, transact with each other to ensure a fair price is levied. Which one of the following telecom companies has recently acquitted by Bombay High Court for transfer pricing dispute?
107) Which of the following statement about origination of life in space is incorrect? 1. The branched carbon structure of isopropyl cyanide is a common feature in molecules needed for life such as amino acids. 2. Amino acids are building blocs of proteins and are commonly found in meteorites.
108) Consider the following statements : 1. According to World Bank, India has been displaced from the top position to receive highest in ward remittance. 2. There is a modest rise of 1.5% in inward remittances to India during 2014. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
109) Which one of the following statements is/are true about Forensic Auditing? 1. Forensic Auditing refers to the auditing with the main aims to employ accounting technologies and methods to gather evidence to investigate the crimes on financial front such as fraud, theft etc. 2. Forensic Auditing is also called as Forensic Accounting.
110) Consider the following statements : 1. Famous internet services provider Google has signed an agreement with Andhra Pradesh government to provide technology support for a digital project. 2. Google and Andhra Pradesh government will work for increasing penetration of Telugu on internet. 3. Google will create quality content in Telugu for internet with the partnership of academic institutions. Which of the following is/are correct?
113) Cage culture techniques of fish farming involves rearing of fish in floating net cages. Which of the statement is correct in this context? 1. Fish cages cannot be placed in rivers as running water may tear the nets. 2. Average water depth required is 10 m and cage is made of rayon.
118) Which of the following statements is/are correct about PSLV-C25? 1. First stage of PSLV-C25 uses solid propellants while second stage uses liquid propellent. 2. Third stage of PSLV-C25 uses liquid propellent whereas fourth stage uses solid propellent.
123) Consider the following statements : 1. 'Diversify Shines Here 'is the official slogan of the Asian Games 2014. 2. Japanese swimmer Kosuke Hagino was announced as the Most Valuable Player (MVP) of the Games. Which of the above statement is/are correct?
127) Consider the following statements : 1. The medal design was approved by OCA on August 19, 2013. 2. It features a pentagon-shaped symbol representing the five ports of Incheon—Airport, Seaport, Teleport, Leisureport and Businessport, with the emblem of Games inside. 3. Medal shaped symbol symbolises the city as the hub of North-east Asia. Which of the following statements is/are related to Asian Games 2014?
135) Consider the following statements : 1. The 2014 Shanghai Rolex Masters was a tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. 2. It was the sixth edition of the Shanghai ATP Masters 1000, classified as an ATP World Tour Masters 100 event on the 2014 ATP World Tour. 3. The singles main draw features 56 different players, including 44 or 45 direct acceptances, 7 qualifiers, 4 wild cards, and 1 eventual special exempt. 4. Federer captured his fourth title of the season and 81st career title. To top off his amazing week in Shanghai, he will return to the No. 2 ranking for the first time since May of last year.
138) Which of the following statements is/are correct? 1. The Supreme Court of India on September 25, 2014 struck down the National Tax Tribunal (NTT) Act, 2005 terming it as unconstitutional. 2. Judgement rules that the law is unconstitutional on two grounds i.e. separation of powers between the judiciary and the executive and judicial superintendence.
139) Consider the following statements : 1. Union government decided to sell LED bulbs to households at Rs 10 against the market price of Rs. 400. 2. LED uses one-fourth of energy of a normal incandescsent bulb. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
141) Consider the following statements : 1. The Union Ministry of Science & Technology launched the Maithreyi International Visiting Professorship in New Delhi. 2. Under the scheme, India will invite 12 leading international science scholars from across the world to visit India as Visiting Professors. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
142) Consider the following statements 1. The Dutch Open is amongst the longest running darts tournaments having started back in 1973. 2. From 2002 to 2013, the tournament was held at NH Conference Centre Koningshof, Veldhoven, but from 2014 the tournament will be held at De Bonte Wever, Assen. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
143) Consider the following statements : 1. The Union Ministry of Science & Technology launched the Maithreyi International Visiting Professorship in New Delhi. 2. Under the scheme, India will invite 12 leading international science scholars from across the world to visit India as Visiting Professors. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
(2) Government Girls Secondary School, Hissar, Haryana
(3) Delhi Public School
(4) Assam's Kiyang Kasiya Memorial Tribal School
(5) None of these
145) What is/are mandate(s) of the Kundu Committee on the Social, Economic and Educational Status of the Muslim community of India? 1. To evaluate the process of implementation of Sachar Committee report. 2. To evaluate the Prime Minister's new 15 points progamme. 3. To recommend on the social and economic upliftment of backward classes in India. 4. To assess the outcome of the programmes implemented by Union Ministry of Minority Affairs and other ministries. Code
147) Choose the correct statement(s). 1. The Union government on October 7,2014 launched a website 'attendance.gov.in' to monitor the attendance of government employees in real time. 2. The move is aimed at increasing increasing transparency and accountability. Code
149) Which of the following statements is/are correct regarding Swachh Bharat campaign launched by Prime Minister? 1. The Swachh Bharat campaign was ' launched on the occasion of 145th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. 2. It is aimed at making India clean by 2019. Code
(1) For the invention of efficient blue light-emitting diodes which has enabled bright and energy-saving white light-sources.
(2) For the invention of efficient yellow light-emitting diodes.
(3) Development of white LED.
(4) Development of red and green LEDs.
(5) None of these
151) Choose the correct statement(s). 1. Union government has launched Deendayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushalya Yojana. The Yojana was launched by the Ministry of Social Welfare. 2. The Yojana aims at training 10 lakh rural youths for jobs in three years, that is by 2017. Code
(1) Discovery of the brain's internal positioning system.
(2) Discovery of GPS of health centre.
(3) Plagued the mined of researchers.
(4) Instrument for the study of nerve cells.
(5) None of these
153) Consider the following statements : 1. The Prune Minister Narendra Modi launched the 'Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana' on October 11, 2014 calling it a Scheme that would open the door for good politics. 2. Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana will work through the leadership of Parliamentarians. Choose the correct statements).
(1) Eric Betzig, Stefan W. Hell and William E. Moerner
(2) Martin Karplus, Michael Levitt anc Afien Warshel
(3) Brain K. Kobilka and Robert "J Lefkowitz
(4) Dan Shectman
(5) None of these
155) Which of the following statements is/are correct regarding Spectrum Confocal Microscope? 1. This is humble beginning towards Prime Minister's 'Made in India' and reach Global Strategy. 2. This product helps in developing medicines for a number of life threatening diseases.
157) Consider the following statements : 1. An MoU between the Earth System Science organisation-Ministry of Earth Sciences and the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR), USA was signed in New Delhi for cooperation in Earth System Sciences. 2. The MoU will provide a mechanism to jointly undertake research and development work to address Earth System Science issues of common concern. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
158) Which of the following statements regarding 'Swachhta Udyami Yojana' is/are correct? 1. Ministry of State for Social Justice and Empowerment has launched the Swachhta Udyami Yojana on October 2, 2014. 2. The scheme provide insurance facilities to the Safai Karamcharis.
(2) For his analysis of market powei and regulation
(3) Game theory
(4) Photo-electric effect
(5) None of these
160) Choose the correct statement(s). 1. The National Mental Health Policy has been prepared on the basis of the recommendations made by the Policy Group on Mental Health constituted by the Union government in April, 2011. 2. Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan launched the National Mental Health Policy of India on October 10, 2014. Code
162) Which of the following statements are correct regarding the National Disaster Management Authority? 1. It observed its 10th Foundation Day on September 29, 2014. 2. The ranks of the members of the NDMA has been reduced to Secretary of Union government from Union Minister of State. Code
163) Choose the correct statement(s). 1. Union government accorded in-principle approval for setting-up six more Software Technology Parks of India (STPIs) in Odisha. 2. These six STPIs will be developed at Jaypore in Koraput district, Sambalpur, Jajpur, Angul, Rayagada and Bhawanipatna in Kalahandi. Code
165) Consider the following statements : 1. The Supreme Court formed a 5-member Committee headed by Registrar of Jammu & Kashmir High Court to evaluate the ground situation in the flood ravaged State on September 24, 2014. 2. The committee is also intended to give recommendation on the State of dams and various hydroelectric projects. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
(1) United Nations Mission for Ebola Emergency Control
(2) United Nations Mission for Ebola Emergency Response
(3) United Nations Mission for Ebola Control
(4) United Nations Mission to Control Ebola
(5) None of these
167) Which of the following statements regarding the National Career Service Portal is/are correct? 1. The portal will connect to people seeking jobs with people/ companies looking for employees to hire. 2. The portal can be accessed by employees from the public sector and private sector along with intermediaries like recruitment agencies, skill development institutes and trainers. Code
168) 1. Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta faces charges of crime against humanity, inciting violence and organising ethnic massacres. 2. Kenyatta has resigned temporarily as he did not want to appear before the ICC as the President of Kenya,
169) Consider the following statements : 1. Election Commission of India has development a video game titled 'Get! Set! Vote !' amongst a series of edutainment materials on voter awareness and education. 2. The game has been created to encourage voters to participate in election process. Choose the correct statement(s).
170) Which of the statements is/are correct? 1. Britain and Ireland inked a memorandum of understandings on visa cooperation to allow Pakistani and Indian visitors to travel to the two island nation. 2. It will help Britain and Ireland -share date and exchange information about immigration.
171) Which of the following is/are the objective(s) of 'Make in India' campaign launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi? 1. To get manufacturing sector to grow over 10% on a sustainable basis over a long run. 2. To transform the economy from the services-driven growth model to labour-intensive manufacturing driven growth. 3. To increase the GDP to a level of 8-9% by the year 2020. 4. To create jobs for over 10 million people, who join to workforce every year. Code
172) Which of the following statements is/are correct? 1. When Ashraf Ghani become the new President of Afghanistan, it was the first time since the fall of Taliban in 2001, that power was transferred democratically. 2. He will have a tough time in improving the condition of people of Afghanistan.
173) Choose the correct statements. 1. The Union government has appointed Debroy Panel to suggest ways for restructuring the Railway Board. 2. The Panel would submit its report till the end of 2018. 3. The other members of the Panel are Cabinet Secretary, former CMD of P & G, former MD of National Stock Exchange and Senior Fellow of Centre for Policy Research.
175) Consider the following statements : 1. Google India on September 22,2014 and announced to launch a nationwide contest to develop a mobile application for Prime Minister's Office (PMO). 2. The contest will showcase how Indians can build a world class application. Which of the above statements is/are correct?