4) Recently, which among the following has become the first State to launch a unified mobile platform for citizen services which delivers services from both government and private sector through an open platform?
(2) safety and security of people from North-East India
(3) welfare of minority people
(4) living status of SC/ST people
(5) None of these
61) Consider the following statements : 1. Union External Affairs Minister visited South Korea to attend 8th India-Republic of Korea Joint Commission Meeting in December, 2014. 2. India invited South Korea to be come an important partner of India in the Make in India initiative. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
63) Which of the following statements is/are true regarding Chief Election Commissioner? 1. The Chief Election Commissioner and Election Commissions are appointed by President for tenure of five years. 2. JM Lyngdoh was first Commissioner from North-East cadre. 3. The Chief Election Commissioner can be removed from officer only through impeachment. Code
65) Consider the following statements regarding ISRO : 1. Anupam Shrivastava is the new Secretary of the Department of Space and also Chairman of the India Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the Space Commission. 2. Anupam Srivastava succeeded K. Radhakrishnan, as the eighth chief of the prestigious space dispensation. 3. ISRO is the primary space agency of India. It was established in 1968. by superseding the INCOSPAR. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
67) Which of the following statements is/are correct regarding Indian Newspapers Society (INS)? 1. The society was founded in 1939. Its headquarter is located in New Delhi. 2. The INS acts as the central organisation of the Press of India. It is an independent body authenticating circulation figure of newspapers and periodicals in India. 3. Kiran Bhai Vadodaria was elected as President of the INS for 2014-15. Code
69) What is Mission Indradhanush? 1. The mission was launched with an aim to cover all those children who are unvaccinated or are partially vaccinated against seven vaccine preventable diseases. 2. It is an Inter-governmental Agreement for designing, developing and producing the multi role fighter aircraft between India and Russia. 3. It is a Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) mission which revamped the rules related to the insider trading with Russian investors. Code
71) Consider the following regarding Wildlife Crime Control Bureau : 1. Environment Ministry in coordination with the Wildlife Trust of India (WTI) have developed android base smart phone application that will enable user to report wildlife crimes. 2. It is a statutory multi-disciplinary body. 3. It is responsible to tackle the policy and programmes for welfare of wildlife animals. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
74) Consider the following statements about Agni-IV : 1. It has a strike range of 4000 km. 2. The missile is light-weight and has two stages of solid propulsion and a payload with re-entry heat shield. 3. The missile reached the target with very high level of accuracy. 4. The missile, having capability to carry Strategic Warheads for the Forces, has provided a fantastic deterrence to the country. Which of the above statements are correct?
76) Who among the following is/are major players in the Government Securities Market? 1. Commercial Banks 2. Insurance Companies 3. Individual Households 4. Cooperative and Regional Rural Banks Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
77) Consider the following statements regarding Mathur Committee : 1. Union Ministry of Home Affairs set-up Mathur Committee to examine the possibility of Constitution of a SIT for reinves-tigation of 1984 Anti-Sikh riot. 2. The committee will be headed by former Chief Justice Surendra Prasad Mathur. 3. Anti-Sikh riots of 1984 had broken out after the assassination of the Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. 4. The committee will also look into the issue of implementation of the payment of enhanced compensation of Rs. 5 lakh per person killed during riots. Which of the above statements are correct?
78) With respect to NITI Aayog which of the following statements is/are true? 1. Sindhushree Khullar is the first CEO of NITI Aayog. 2. Arvind Panagariya is the Vice- Chairman of the NITI Aayog. 3. Economist Bibek Debroy and VK Saraswat are full time members. Code
79) The Union government launched. National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (NMTT) on December 25, 2014. The Mission will focus on both urgent issues and longterm goals in a holistic manner dealing with the whole sector of education. The mission is on the name of
81) Nobel Peace Prize 2014, was awarded jointly to Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai for their struggle against : , 1. The suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education. 2. The children trafficing and treatment of raped women in wartimes. 3. Consistent corruption in the society and violence as a political method. Code
83) Consider the following statements regarding '13th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas' : 1. The 13th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Gujarat on January 7. 2015. 2. This year was significant as exactly 100 years ago, an NRI (Gandhi) returned India to serve people. 3. President Donald Ramotar, Guyana was the chief guest at 13th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
86) Consider the following statements regarding ordinances issued by Modi government: 1. Hike FDI in insurance sector. 2. Kick start coal mine auction. 3. Clear land acquisitions. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
89) Consider the statements regarding ordinance to amend the 'Mines and Minerals Act 1957' : 1. The ordinance will around the mixing laws to assertion the Iron ore and other minerals. 2. The amendments will also create district mineral funds for the welfare of the project affected people. 3. The amendments will stop the entry of foreign miners. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
91) Consider the statements regarding election in Jammu-Kashmir : 1. There were 87 members elected by voters to the Jammu-Kashmir Legislative Assembly. 2. Peoples Democratic Party became the single largest party with 38 seats. 3. The political parties failed to form government after no party was able to muster the majority of 87 seats required to form the government. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
92) Consider the following statements about world's smallest goanna lizard species discovered in Australia : 1. The goanna lizard weighs barely 16 gm. The Western Australia Museum announced the discovery of the new species of goanna lizard from the Kimberley region. 2. The species was discovered by consultants Roy Teale and Greg Harold from Biota Environmental Sciences while undertaking a survey in the region. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
93) "The brand 'Vibrant Gujarat' began as an 'investors summit' has now involved into an ideal platform for knowledge sharing, social and business transformation". Consider the following statements : 1. Seventh Vibrant Gujarat Summit was held at Mahatma Mandir, Gandhinagar, Gujarat. 2. The prime focus of government of Gujarat is inclusive development with key areas including innovation, sustainability, youth and skill development, knowledge sharing and networking. 3. This seventh summit provided platform to interest with policy makers, industry leaders and renowned academicians from all over the world. Which of the above statements are correct?
94) Consider the following statements about Indian communication satellite GSAT-16 : 1. The satellite with 48 transponders, the largest ever carried by a communication spacecraft built by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), was injected into the intended Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit. 2. SAT-16 is an advanced communication satellite weighing 3181.6 kg at lift-off and is inducted into the INSAT/GSAT system. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
95) Consider the following statements regarding Vibrant Gujarat : 1. Reliance Industries Chief Mukesh Ambani said his group would invest Rs. 1 lakh crore in 12-18 months across businesses for the State. 2. Kumar Mangalam Birla of Aditya Birla Group announced that his company would add 30000 jobs. 3. Adani Enterprises agreed to set-up a joint venture with Sun Edison which will invest Rs.25000 crore to construct solar plant in Mundra. Gujarat. Which of the above statements are correct?
96) Consider the following statements : 1. New antibiotic named 'Teixobactin' was discovered by a team of scientists from Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. 2. Teixobactin can kill some bacteria as quickly as established antibiotics and can cure laboratory mice suffering from bacterial infections with no toxic side-effects. 3. Teixobactin inhibits cell wall synthesis by binding to a highly conserved motif of lipid II (precursor of peptidoglycan) and lipid III (precursor of cell wall teichoic acid). Which of the above statements is/are correct?
97) Consider the following statements regarding Resident Identity Card (RIC) scheme : 1. It aims to strengthen coastal security measures in 12 States and 4 Union Territories which have a sea-line running along their borders. 2. The scheme is being implemented by office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner. 3. Initially, RIC will be issued to the Navy and Coast Guard. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
98) Recently scientists at the Centre for Medicinal Plants Research, Arya Vaidya Sala Kottakkal. (Kerala) have reported the discovery of a rare plant species. Identify the location where rare plant species are found?
99) Consider the following statements, regarding 19th National Youth Festival : 1. The 19th National Youth Festival was held at Nehru stadium in Guwahati, Asom. 2. The theme of this festival was 'Celebrating Diversity'. 3. The festival aims to spread national integration and harmony. Which of the. above statements are correct?
100) Consider the following statements: 1. National Environmental Management Authority (NEMA), at the Centre, and State Environmental Management Authority (SEMA) to evaluate project clearance in a time bound manner. 2. A 'fast track' procedure for 'linear' projects which provide benefit to community at large, as well as power and mining projects. 3. It has proposed setting up of NEMA and SEMA as the pivotal authorities to process applications for green clearance through multiple-window system. Which of the above statements is/are correct?