1) Which of the following announcements was made by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu in the Railway Budget on 26 February 2015? a. Malaviya Chair for research in railway technology will be established in the Banaras Hindu University. b. For decongesting traffic in railway terminals which are situated in congested central places of cities, Satellite railway terminals will be set in 10 major cities. Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
11) In the Rail Budget of 2015-16, Rail Minister Suresh Prabhu, on 26 February 2015, announced plans to set up an innovation council for the purpose of business re-engineering and introducing a spirit of innovation in Railways. What is the name given to this council?
21) According to the Economic Survey 2014-15, Econometric evidence suggests that the railways public investment multiplier the effect of a Rs 1 increase in public investment in the railways on overall output is around
24) Which of the following statements on Stalled Projects was made by the Economic Survey 2014-15? a. The stock of stalled projects stands at about 7% of GDP, accounted for mostly by the private sector. b. Manufacturing and infrastructure account for most of the stalled projects. Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
25) The Economic Survey 2014-15 said that 41% of PDS kerosene is lost as leakage and only 46 % of the remaining 59 % is consumed by poor, What was described by it to help transfer of funds to poor without leakage?
28) As per Economic Survey 2014-15, a. Inflation has declined by over 6 percentage points since late 2013. b. After a nearly 12-quarter phase of deceleration, real GDP has been growing at 7.2% since 2013-14. Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
33) Which of the following is/ are the main statements of the Economic Survey for 2014-15 that was tabled in Parliament on 27 February 2015? a. The total stock of stalled projects stands at Rs. 8.8 lakh crore or7% of GDP. b. India's Growth rate in 2014-15 is estimated at 7.5%. Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
35) Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley tabled the Economic Survey for 2014-15 in the Parliament on 27 February 2015, a day before presenting the Union Budget for 2015-16. This Economic Survey has been prepared by
48) With reference to several announcements made in the Union Budget 2015-16, which of the followings statements is/are correct? a. An allocation of Rs. 20,000 crore was made for the proposed MUDRABank. b. An additional allocation of Rs. 5.000 crore was made for MGNREGA, its highest ever. Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
52) As per the announcements made by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in the Union Budget 2015-16, in which northeastern state will a new film production centre (Centre for Film Production and Animation) be established?
53) The Wealth Tax was abolished in the Union Budget 2015- 16. In this context, which of the following statements is/are correct? a. Wealth tax has been replaced with a 2% cess on super rich individuals. b. The super rich individuals are those with an annual income of over Rs. 1 crore. Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
60) Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley presented the Union Budget for 2015-16 in Parliament on 28 February 2015. Presenting the budget, Jaitley said that the real GDP growth is expected to accelerate to
68) The parliament in which of the following countries voted in favour of 'three-person embryo' law recently? It is all set to become the first country in the world to permit IVF babies to be created using biological material from three different people.
73) The RBI has doubled the eligibility limit for foreign exchange remittances under the Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS). Now, what is the eligibility limit for foreign exchange under the LRS per person per year?
80) The international animal rights and conservation group PETA and the Bannerghatta Biological Park have joined hands to create India's first elephant sanctuary in a fenced, forested space. This sanctuary is located in
86) The present Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) prescribed by the RBI is 4 per cent. In this case, a bank with net demand and time deposits of Rs.50,000 will have to deposit what amount with the RBI as liquid cash?
88) The State Bank of India (SBI), the country's largest public sector bank, has signed a loan agreement for 100 million euro (about Rs.700 cr) with which of the following banks to support SMEs in India?
(1) The US pledged $4 billion in loans and investment,
(2) For the first time a woman officer (Pooja Thakur) led the tri-service Guard of Honour.
(3) India and the US achieved a breakthrough on operationalisation of the civil nuclear deal.
(4) He is the first US President to visit India twice during office.
(5) He is the second US President to be the chief guest at the Republic Day of India.
104) As per the guidelines issued by the Reserve Bank of India, Banks may classify a loan as Non-Performing Asset (NPA), only if the interest due and the principal during any quarter is not serviced fully within
111) The Reserve Bank has allowed Indians to carry high- value denomination notes (Rs. 500 and Rs.1,000) while travelling to Nepal and Bhutan. However, the maximum limit that an individual can carry is
(1) GCF is set-up under the United nations framework convention on climate change (UNFCCC).
(2) GCF targets to be $ 100 billion by 2020.
(3) It is meant to assist developing countries in promoting low- emission and climate resilient development.
(4) It is set-up in 2014.
127) Consider the following statements about Sustainable Livelihoods and Adaptation to Climate Change (SLACC) project : 1. SLACC Programme aims to improve the adaptive capacity of the rural poor to climate variability and change affecting farm based livelihoods through community based interventions. 2. The key beneficiaries of the project will be the Self Help Group (SHG)/ Federation supported by the NRLM. 3. The implementing agency of this project is ministry of environment & forests. Which of the following is/are correct?
132) Consider the following statements about the Global Investment Trends Monitor Report-2014 : 1. In 2014, FDI flow in India increased by 26% with an estimated amount of $ 35 billion despite decline in global FDI inflow. 2. The report is published by WTO annually. 3. India witnessed maximum growth in sectors like—gas, electricity, water & waste management. Which of the following statement is/arecorrect?
133) Satirical newspaper 'Charlie Hebdo' that came under attack by two masked gunmen on January 7, 2015 resulting in the death of paper's Editor and 11 other people, is the newspaper of which country ?
135) Nobel laurezte Kailash Satyarthi on January 7, 2015 dedicated his Nobel Peace Prize to the nation by presenting his medallion to President Pranab Mukherjee. Name the NGO with which Kailash Satyarthi is associated?
(1) They are capable of out breaking various diseases
(2) They are capable of destroyingsea-grass
(3) They are very helpful in making antifungal diseases
(4) They are capable of absorbing Carbon di oxide from atmosphere
147) Consider the following regarding Union government launches Soil Health Card (SHC) Scheme in Rajasthan : 1. SHC is centrally-sponsored nationwide scheme which aims to help farmers to improve the productivity of farms by providing them basic information for use of nutrients or fertilizers. 2. Under this scheme, Centre plans to target over 14 crore farmers in the next three years. In financial year 2014-15, around 3 crore farmers will be covered to check the excess use of fertilizers. 3. Soil Health Card (SHC) scheme in Jaipur town of Sriganganagar district, Rajasthan. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
151) Consider the following statements regarding World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2015 : 1. The systemic impact of deepening geopolitical fault-lines, decreasing multilateral cooperation and increasing strategic competition. 2. The ecological, societal and business repercussions of unabated climate change, youth unemployment and income inequality. 3. The Annual Meeting 2015 is where 250 top political leaders gather to discuss with the heads of international organizations and with business leaders how global governance can be improved through public-private cooperation. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
152) Consider the following statements regarding recent e-Raksha Research Centre to fight cybercrime : 1. GTU is collaborating with Cyber Peace Foundation (CPP) with the goal of establishing a peaceful and harmonious cyber space through research. 2. The centre will also support Make in India concept by manufacturing routers, switches, firewalls, Unified Threat Management (UTM) and other network appliances. 3. Gujarat Technological University (GTU) on January 28, 2015 launched e-Raksha Research Centre to fight cybercrime. Which of the above statements Is/are correct?
155) Which bank launched the country's first 'contactless' debit and credit cards on January 7, 2015, enabling customers to make electronic payments by waving the cards near a merchant terminal instead of dipping or swiping these?
156) Consider the following statements : 1. President Pranab Mukherjee signed an ordinance to amend the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. 2. This Ordinance paved the way to ply of e-rickshaws on roads of the Nation Capital Region (NCR). 3. No person can be granted a learner's licence to drive a transport vehicle unless he had a driving licence for light moter vehicle for a period of six months. Which of the above statements is/are true -with respect to Amend the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988?
159) "The State has also captured issues of concern such has decline in the female child sex ratio, under nutrition in children and an ageing population." The above statement is concerned with which of the following state?
(1) It is Change in numbers of items for which price quotations are taken.
(2) it measures Impact of fuel items on inflation.
(3) Impact of the rise in price level in the previous year over the rise in price level in the current year.
(4) Problem due to miscalculation
161) Consider the following statements : 1. Punjab government launched an e-Starnping Project, to computerise revenue department for removing malpractices in segistrations, 2. Each stamp paper had a unique first that was generated for that stamp paper only and could be verified online also. 3. It also had various safety features including ultra violet, micro film and thermal fixtures besides an encrypted second bar code. Which of the above statements is/are true?
162) President Pranab Mukherjee on January 6, 2015 signed the ordinance to amend Citizenship Act, 1955. Which of the statements in this regard is/are right? 1. The ordinance exempts Person of Indian Origin (PIO) from appearing before the local police station on every visit. 2. It replaced the clause that says foreigners marrying Indians must continuously stay in the country for a period of six months before they get an Indian citizenship.
163) Consider the following statements regarding 'Mridaparikshak' : 1. Indian Council of Agricultural Agricultural Research (1CAR) has developed 'Mridaparikshak', a MINILAB that can determine soil health. 2. The MINILAB was presented by Union Minister of Agriculture in Annual General Meeting (AGM) of ICAR. 3. An outcome of the initiative of ICAR and the concerted efforts by a team of scientist. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
165) Which statements is/are not correct about Global Environment Facility (GEF)? 1. It is pilot project in four Indian cities for preceding green urban practices. 2. A financial mechanism to support countries in efforts to allieve the goals of UNC.
166) Consider the following statements High Powered Committee on Urban Cooperative Banks : 1. Constituted to re-examine and recommend appropriate set of businesses, size, conversion and licensing terms for the Urban Cooperative Banking Sector. 2. Determine the modalities of implementing the suggestion of the Malegam Committee that 50% in value of deposits should be held by voting members to assure that confidence regarding proper management is generated among investors. 3. In view of the limited legal powers and resolution options, what should be the appropriate size upto which a UCB may be able to grow without undue risk to the system, under the current regulatory framework. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
175) Consider the following statements regarding "Tata Communication Limited Deal with KION Group" : 1. It has signed a $ 20 million multi-year deal with Germany-based KION Group to provide global Wide Area Network (WAN) services to the group's 330 sites across 30 countries. 2. The new network will form an important pillar of the KION Group's strategy- 2020 plan to create economies of scale across the entire group with its six global and regional brands. 3. The KION Group is the second largest global manufacturer of forklift trucks and warehouse technology. Code
176) Which of the following statements is/are correct on Dandi Kutir Museum of Gujarat? 1. It is the biggest permanent state-of-the-art three storey museum in the world. 2. Museum is based up on the life and works of Mahatama Gandhi. 3. Inaugurated on the ocassion of the 13th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) and 7th edition of Vibrant Gujarat.
180) Consider the following statements regarding the Sushaasan Express : 1. The Sushaasan Express was flagged off by the Union Ministry of Mines and Steel. 2. The train will run between Gwalior and Gonda via Hazrat Nizamuddin and Lucknow. Choose the correct answer.
182) Consider the following statements : 1. 65th Republic Day was celebrated on January 26, 2015 and ended on January 29, 2015. 2. The theme of the Republic Day was 'Women Empowerment'. 3. The women contingent of the three armed forces marched in the parade for the first time on the eve of the 65th Republic Day celebrations. Which of the above statements is/are true?
(1) As a precautionary measure to prevent outbreaks of Avian influenza.
(2) As a precautionary measure to prevent outbreaks of swine flu.
(3) To save domestic poultry industries from severe competition.
(4) The disputes over import duty and heavy surcharge.
184) Consider the following statements with respect of 'Digital India' : 1. National Optical Fibre Network is the largest rural connectivity project of its kind in the world. It aims to transform the country into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. 2. Idukki district of Tamil Nadu has become first district in India to have high speed rural broadband network, under the government's flagship programme 'Digital India'. Choose the following correct statement(s).
185) Consider the following statements : 1. The 5th India-Myanmar Joint Trade Committee (JTC) was held in Nay Pyi Taw in Myanmar on February 17, 2015. 2. India agreed to support Myanmar in establishing trade training institute at Yangon. 3. Both countries agreed to inaugurate land custom station in Zawkhatar, Mizoram, Which of the above statement is/are correct?
186) Consider the statements regarding Indian Science Congress : 1. The 102nd Indian Science Congress was held from January 3-7, 2015 in Mumbai. 2. The theme of 102nd Indian Science Congress is 'Science and Technology for the Benefits of Human'. 3. 101st Science Congress was observed in Jammu in February, 2014. Choose the correct answer.
187) Consider the following statements : 1. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research was constituted in 1942. 2. It is a contemporary Research and Development organisation of Pan India Presence. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
(1) It is the national level academy for performing arts. Shekhar Sen is its present Chairman.
(2) It was set-up in May 31,1952 by the Indian Education Ministry.
(3) it caters to the need of school children In performing arts and culture
(4) It is dedicated to promote and preserve the vast cultural heritage of India.
189) The Modi government's 'smart city' initiative got a shot in the arm with a European country offering its assistance in developing three more smart cities. Name the country by choosing the among the given options.
(1) He produced over 150 films in most of the Indian languages with Telugu topping the list.
(2) He hailed from a modest farming family and rose to an eminent scientist.
(3) His contribution in political agitation got wide support.
(4) He was a painter of international fame.
191) On January 26, 2015, the highest peacetime Gallantry Award, the Ashoka Chakra has been awarded posthumously to two defence personnel. Choose the wrong statement in the light of the above statements :
(1) Ashoka Chakra is the highest award for gallantry away from the battlefield, or not in face of the enemy.
(2) It is awarded by the defence Chief on the Republic Day.
(3) Ashoka Chakra is a depiction of the Dharma Chakra; represented with 24 spokes.
(4) It stands third in the hierarchy of civilian awards, after the Bharat Ratna and Padma Vibhushan
192) Consider the following statements : 1. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar took charge as the New Foreign Secretary on January 28, 2015. 2. He replaced Sujata Singh. 3. Rajiv Gandhi, the former Prime Minister of India removed AP Ventkateshwaram in 1987. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
193) Consider the following statements : 1. Eminent Odia Filmaker Nirad Mahapatra was an alumni of Film and Television Institute of India, Pune. 2. His debut directorial venture 'Maya Mriga' in 1984 earned great fame for him. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
194) Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched 'Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao' programme; consider the given statements in light of the above statements : 1. Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao is a key scheme that aims to address the dipping child sex ratio and empower girl child in the country. 2. According to census data of 2011, there is 918 girls for 1000 boys in the country. Choose the correct options.
(2) It is specialised mountain force and are the personnel are professionally trained mountaineers.
(3) It is also present on the manning border outposts on altitudes ranging from 9000 ft to 18700 it.
(4) It is never deplayed in reserve and relief operations.
198) The well known Hindi Novelist Mithileshwar was awarded Shrilal Shukla Smriti IFFCO Sahitya Samman Award for the year 2014 on 2015 in Delhi. Which of the following statements is true in the light of the above statement?
201) Consider the statements in light of the Khuswant Singh Memorial Prize : 1. Poet Arundhati Subramaniam won the inaugural Khuswant Singh Memorial Prize for poetry for her work 'When God is a Travellers'. 2. On January 27, 2015, at the ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival he was awarded the prize worth 2 lakh. Choose the correct answer with the help of the given options.
(1) He was considered to be a powerful Ally of Iran.
(2) He rought to modernise the ultra conservative Muslim Kingdom.
(3) He supported the middle East's wave of prodemocracy uprisings.
(4) He was a supports of AI-Qaida.
203) Consider the following statements regarding RK Laxman : 1. RK Laxman was the famous cartoonist and creator of the common man. 2. He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan and the Magsaysay Award. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
204) There are three categories of Padma Awards given by the Indian government to people of extra ordinary talent in various disciplines. Consider the following statements in light of the above statements : 1. The hierachical order of the three categories is—Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri. 2. The list of January 26, 2015 comprises 9 Padma Vibhushan, 20 Padma Bhushan and 75 Padma Shri awardees. 3. The list also includeds 17 persons from the categories of foreigners, NRIs, PIO's and 4 Pasthumous awards. Choose the correct answer using the given options.
(1) Idukki district has become India's first district to be linked to the National Optic Fibre Network (NOFN).
(2) The project aims to connect each Panchayat with telecommunication in Idukki district.
(3) Door-to-Door courier service in Idukki was launched free of cost.
(4) Idukki was declared Wi-Fi enabled.
(5) None Of these
207) Consider about the National Judicial Appointments Commission : 1. Chief Justice of India will head the NJAC. Besides the CJI, the Judiciary would be represented by two senior Judges of Supreme Court. 2. Sixteen States have ratified a Constitutional Amendment Bill which seeks to scrap the collegium system of judges appointing judges. Select the correct statement(s) using the code given below:
(1) Friends of Madhya Pradesh is a programme for enviranmental friendly trees and herbs.
(2) Friends of Madhya Pradesh is a policy to decide the list of people, who are with the present day government of Madhya Pradesh.
(3) Friends of Madhya Pradesh a device that brings the Madhya Pradesh police instantly to crime sites.
(4) Friends of Madhya Pradesh is a website which has been developed as part of creating Global Talent Pool to actively associate NRI's and well wisher of Madhya Pradesh.
(5) None Of these
209) Consider the following statements in respect to the Resident Identity Card (RIC) : 1. The RIC cards are manufactured indigenously and can be read only when the key present in the RIC readers. 2. The RIC reader is temper-proof and self-destructs itself if it is opened in an unauthorised manner. 3. The scheme of issuing cards is being implemented by the office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner an office under the aegis of Union Home Ministry. Which of the above statements is/are true?
212) Consider the following statements regarding the Delhi lagislative Assembly Elections : 1. The Aam Aadmi Party's Leader Arvind Kejriwal became the 7th Chief Minister of Delhi. 2. Congress Party candidates lost deposits on 63 of the 70 seats. 3. Arvind Kejriwal resigned from the post of Chief Minister by citing the reason as his government's inability to table the Jan-Lokpal Bill in Delhi Assembly. Which of the above statements is/are true?
214) Consider the following statements in respect of National Conference on e-Governance : 1. The National Conference on e-Governance has been providing a platform to policy makers. 2. The 18th National Conference on e-Governance was hold in Surat. 3. The conference explored the benefits of the information and communications technology. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
215) Which of the following statements is/are not correct about Venture Capital Fund for Schedules Castes Enterpreneurs? 1. Members 'of the reserved community will be offered concessional finance to start new business ventures. 2. Members of the reserved community will be not offered concessional finance but also life-time business insurance.
(1) It suggested for creating specialised commercial courts across the country based on the London and Singapore commercial courts to reduce time spent in court for litigating companies.
(2) It proposes to set-up at least 60 commercial courts across the country or about two to three courts in each State.
(3) It monitor the cell for RSETIs which will also prepare district-wise model project reports for benefit of beneficiaries.
(4) It seeks to give courts the discretion to make a company involved in litigation pay court fees and other expenses based on court hours used by it.
(5) None Of these
217) "Three day Flamingo Festival had concluded on January 12, 2015. This festival particularly ornithologists, environmentists, bird watchers".This festival is celerbrated in which of the following State?
218) Consider the following statements regarding the NITI Aayog : 1. It is a policy think tank of government of India that replaces Planning Commission. 2. The first NITI Aayog meet was chaired by Prime Minister on February 10, 2015. 3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced constitution of two sub-groups of Chief Ministers within the NITI Aayog, Select the correct statement(s) using the code given below:
220) Consider the following statement in respect of Soil Health Card Scheme : 1. It is launched in Suratgarh town, Sriganganagar, Rajasthan. 2. It would contain all basic information and cropwise recommendations of nutrients or fertiliezers required for farms of different soil types. 3. It enhance the business skills and project-related skills of the beneficiaries. Which of the following options are true?