7) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced its first bi-monthly monetary policy review of the current financial year on 7 Apr. What arc the repo rate and the cash reserve ratio (CRR) after the current policy review?
39) A special court in Hyderabad awarded B Ramalinga Raju and others a seven-year jail term in the Satyam Computer Services multi-crore accounting fraud case. The scam-hit Satyam Computer was acquired by
43) As per the news published in financial newspapers, the govt has scaled the steep fiscal-deficit target set for 2014-15. The fiscal-deficit target set for 2014-15 was_______of gross domestic product.
56) A non-performing asset in Banking Business means (A) A fixed asset of bank that has not been utilised (B) A portion of deposits not utilised (C) A loan asset on which interest and/or instalments remain 'past due'
74) According to a report titled 'Mobile Internet in India 2014' released by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IMAI) & IMA International, the mobile internet users in India in December 2014 were around
121) The Union government on March 24, 2015 allocated the development of 17 mega food parks across India to State government and private firms. Which State government has been allocated two food parks?
123) The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its approval for the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) on March 20, 2015. It will provide skills training to which Class drop out youths?
124) Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a unique integrative and interactive platform on March 25, 2015 to address the common man's grievances and monitoring important programmes and projects? What is the'name for that platform?
127) The Union government launched a new digital platform, named 'Twitter Samvad' on March 24, 2015 for direct communication among leaders, government, agencies and citizens through tweets and text messages. Which company provided a platform upon which Twitter Samvad is based on?
128) Consider the following statements regarding Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) for India-US Transportation: 1. It will enable easy transportation of passengers and goods between the two countries. 2. MoC will also enable India to make use of world's latest technology available with the USA for various projects. 3. MoC would cover areas like highway transportation, urban transportation, safety and environment protection's vehicle and behavioural safety, fuel efficiency, rail transportation, maritime shipping etc. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
(2) Agreement on improving atmospheric and Oceanic capacity in both countries.
(3) Agreement on exchange to trainees, students, faculty members and expert between the two countries.
(4) Agreements on setting up SEZ in India.
131) Consider the following statements regarding Malli Mastan Babu: 1. He was the fastest in the world and the first Indian mountaineer to climb the seven summits of the world. 2. He was the first Indian mountaineer to summit the tallest peak in Antarctica. 3. He was the first person from Andhra Pradesh to scale the mount Everest. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
132) Consider the following statements regarding Price Stablisation Fund (PSF): 1. The purpose of the scheme is to provide interest free advances towards working capital to the government and non-government agencies which are involved in procurement and distribution of perishable agri-horticultural commodities. 2. The scheme is jointly launched by Ministry of Agriculture and Ministry of Finance, but it will only be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture. 3. One of the main objective of PSF scheme is to maintain a strategic buffer stock that would discourage hoarding and unscrupulous speculation. Which of the above statements is/are incorrect?
134) Consider the following statements regarding National Air Quality Index: 1. It will provide information of the quality of air in major cities of India on a real time basis. 2. Currently, it is launched in 10 cities and later it will be extended to other important cities. 3. Guwahati is the only city of North-Eastern region in these ten cities where the quality of air can be monitored. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
135) Consider the following statements regarding emergency number in India: 1. The Telecom Regulation Authority of India (TRAI) has recommended the implementation of single number based Integrated Emergency Communication and Response System (IECRS). 2. The number 112 is chosen as a single emergency number for India. 3. The TRAI has also recommended that existing emergency number such as 100, 101, 102 and 108 will be retained as secondary numbers and calls made to these should be re-routed to 112 in the future. Which of the above statements are correct?
(1) Eligibility for input subsidy has changed to 33% of crop damage which was earlier 50%.
(2) Input subsidy has raised to the double of the existing amount.
(3) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) instructed banks to restructure loans of farmers whose crops have been damaged by the recent unseasonal weather conditions.
(4) Either 1 or 2
137) Consider the following statements regarding Social Progress Index (SPI), 2015: 1. The SPI 2015 ranks countries in terms of social progress from highest to lowest which one classified into six tiers from very High Social Progress to very Low Social Progress. 2. India is ranked 101st and is idaced in the low social progress Group whereas in 2014, it ranked 102nd. 3. The top three countries in the world on social progress are Norway, Sweden and Switzerland. 4. The USA is the only country among the G7 countries that has been ranked in top ten on SPI 2015. Which of the above statements are correct?
140) Consider the following statements regarding e-Kranti: National e-Governance Plan 2.0: 1. This is a follow up to the key decisions taken in the first meeting of the Apex Committee on the Digital India programme held in November, 2014. 2. The Mission for e-Kranti is to ensure a government wide transformation for delievering all government services electronically to citizens through integrated and interoperable systems at affordable costs. 3. The approach and methodology to e-Kranti are fully aligned with the Digital India. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
142) Consider the following statements regarding recently launched Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME): 1. The scheme was launched as part of the National Mission for Electric Mobility to boost eco-friendly vehicles sales in the country. 2. Scheme's main objective is to support the hybrid or electric vehicles marked development and its manufacturing eco-system in the country. 3. Demand incentives will be only provided to the two wheeler electric and hybrid vehicles. Which of the above statements is/are correct
143) Consider the following statements regarding Open Government Index (OGI), 2015: 1. Sweden, New Zealand and Norway are top 3 countries in OGI, 2015. 2. India ranks 52nd in the Index. 3. Sri Lanka is placed at the top among the South Asian countries. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
144) The Union Cabinet cleared a stringent law that proposed in the budget to curb black money. In this regard, the Union government decided to sign the financial information sharing pack with which country that will help in tracing illegal wealth?
145) Consider the following statements regarding Ajay Shankar committee appointed by the Ministry of Railways: 1. The committee will review the performance of the Public Private Partnership (PPP) Cell Functioning under the Railway Board. 2. The committee is appointed every late whereas the announcement was made in the 2014 Union Railway Budget. 3. The infrastructure Directorate of Railway Board will be the Nodal Directorate for Functioning of the Committee. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
147) Consider the following statements regarding 'Science Setu': 1. This programme is meant to promote science education in which the Scientists/Faculty of the National Institute of Immunology (NII) will teach undergraduate students of various Delhi colleges. 2. Every permanent faculty member of NII is expected to spend at least 12 hours per year in an und ergraduate college? Which of the above statements is/are correct?
148) Consider the following statements regarding the Homeopathy Central Council Act, 1973: 1. The Act will provide provisions relating to granting permission by Central government to all homeopathic medical colleges for continuing course/courses. 2. It will ensure that homeopathy education is given only through colleges. 3. It will make mandatory to for all the homeopathy colleges to get registered one time Central government before running a course. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
149) The second State Expert Appraisal Committee (SEAC) has been reconstituted in Maharashtra on March 23, 2015 by Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change falling in category 8 of the schedule of EIA notification 2006 in which region?
164) Consider the following statements regarding the SEBI: 1. On March 22, 2015, SEBI guidelines, 2015 to provide an enabling environment for setting up of capital market infrastructure like stock exchanges, clearing houses, depository services, etc such centres. 2. The Preamble of SEBI is to project the interest of investars in securities and to promotes the development of and to regulate the securities market and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto. 3. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) was enacted on April 12, 1992 in accordance with the provisions of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992. Which statements is/are correct?
167) Consider the following statements regarding the Basketball Federation of India (BFI): 1. BFI came into being in 1935 and took complete control over Indian basketball in 1950. 2. Currently Poonam Mahajan is elected as the President of BFI. She became the first women President of BFI, since it existence. 3. Another second time elected secretary General of the BFI is Mrs. Roopam Harish Sharma. Choose the correct statements) using the given codes.
168) Consider the following statements regarding MUDRA Bank: 1. Formulate policy guidelines for micro-enterprise financing business and registration of MFI entities. 2. Formulate and operate a credit guarantee schemes in order to provide guarantees to loan and portfolios that are extended to micro enterprises. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
172) Consider the following statements: 1. The Nigerian general election of 2015 was the 5th quadrennial election to be held since the end of military rule in 1999. 2. Muhammadu Buhari won the Presidential election. The election marked the first time an incumbent President has lost re-election in Nigeria. 3. Nigeria of often referred to as the Giant of Africa owing to its large population and economy. In 2015 Nigeria's economic became the largest in Africa. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
174) Consider the following statements about Peru: 1. Peru is the country in Western South America. It is a developing country with high Human Development Index Score and a poverty level around 25.8%. 2. Pedro Cateriano Bellido was appointed as the Eighth Minister of Peru on April 2, 2015. Which of the above statements is/are is correct?
177) China and Sri Lanka inked five agreements. Which of the following are true regarding the agreements? 1. The two nations signed five agreements related to cooperation for special aid in public health development of water treatment methods and technologies is kidney disease affected areas research and development of coconut industry and refurbishment of the Supreme Courts Complex in Sri Lanka. 2. China agreed to set-up Chinese language training centres in Sri Lanka to deepeu cultural partnership between both the countries. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
(1) The Ministry of Finance allocated Rs. 1500 crore for the construction of necessary infrastructure.
(2) The Ministry of AYUSH launched a new weekly programme on Doordarshan from March 28, 2015, 'Ayushman Bharat' as the title of the programme.
(3) The Election Commission has decided on March 18, 2015 that ballot papers will carry pictures of the contestants besides their names and party symbols in the name under Ayushman Bharat.
(4) The Union cabinet cleared 33% reservation for women in police forces of all Union Territories, under the flagship of Ayushman Bharat.
180) Consider the following statements regarding the ninth International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) council meeting to be held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE): 1. IRENA is an inter governmental organisation to promote adoption and sustainable use of renewable energy. 2. India is going to chair the ninth International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) council meeting Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
182) Consider the following statements regarding the approval of FDI proposals: 1. The Foreign Investment Promotion Board has cleared 10 Foreign Direct Investment proposals worth Rs.2857.83 crore. 2. It also referred the Holcim-Ambuja deal worth above Rs. 3500 crore to the cabinet committee on Economic Affairs. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
184) Consider the following statements regarding FTP: 1. In the new Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20, two new schemes Merchandise Exports from India Scheme (MEIS) and Services Exports from India Scheme (SEIS) were introduce d. 2. Such flexibilities will help exporters to develop their productive capacities for both local and global consumption. 3. In order to give a boost to exports from special Economic Zones. 4. These measures would not only capitalise on India's strength in these areas and increase exports but also provide employment. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
186) Global Resilience Index 2015 offers powerful insights to help business executives target their investments towards more reliable returns and to protect their customers from unforeseen disruption. Listed the top five countries in terms of business resilience. 1. Norway 2. Luxembourg 3. Ireland 4. Switzerland 5. Netherlands Choose the correct sequences using the given codes:
188) Consider the following statements regarding Syrian-Lebanese Arab poet Adonis: 1. Syrian-Lebanese Arab poet Adonis has been chosen for 2015 Kumaran Asan World Prize for poetry. 2. His famous work includes-If Only the Sea Could Sleep, Pages of Day and Night, Songs of Mihyar the Damascene, Not A Star, A Voice, A King is Miyhar, The Adoring Rock, Take me to God. Which of the above statements) is/are correct?
189) The Reserve Bank of India signed pact with Central Bank of Sri Lanka. Which of the following statements is true regarding the Pact: 1. The RBI signed a $400 million currency swap agreement with the Central Bank of Sri Lank a. 2. The agreement is valid for a period of two years from the date of signing. 3. The swap arrangement is intended to provide a backstop line of funding for SAARC member countries to meet any balance of payments and liquidity crises till longer term arrangements are made.
190) Consider the following statements regarding 15-year-old Indian-origin student, Pratap Singh from United Kingdom (UK) has won prestigious award Institute of Physics (IoP) Prize: 1. Singh, who is a student at The Perse School, Cambridge received the prize for his experiment to verify on effect of Albert Einstein's special relativity theory. 2. By statistical analysis and using a Raspberry Pi computer he showed that these cosmic ray munons follow the model predicted by Einstein's 1905 theory of special relativity. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
191) Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries sanctioned 17 Mega Food Parks on March 24, 2015. These parks are aimed at creating state of the art infrastructure facilities to reduce food wastage and create value addition. Which of the following state is not covered by Mega Food Park?
192) China on February 28, 2015 launched a massive Silk Road Infrastructure project worth $ 79.8 billion in the North-West province of Gansu. Consider the following statements: 1. The project was launched as a part of China's ambitious Silk Route plan. 2. This project will facilitate exchange of trade and tourism between China and central Asian Countries. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
193) Hindustan Zinc, and Vedanta Foundation have adopted 3056 Anganwadi centres in five districts of Rajasthan in April, 2015. The Vedanta launched 'Khushi' campaign that sensitises common people towards care for the underprivileged children and takes up individual steps for such cause. Which of the following district is not covered under Khushi campaign?
194) Consider the following statements regarding Vijay Kumar Saraswat (NITI Ayog): 1. Former DRDO Chief Vijay Saraswat has taken charge as full time-member of National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog. 2. He was conferred the Padma Shri (1998) and Bharat Ratna (2013). Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
195) Consider the following statements regarding Snapdeal: 1. India's largest online market place Snapdeal announced to acquire Rupee Power, a leading digital financial products distribution platform on April 4, 2015 aimed to launch financial service. 2. The company was started by Rohit Seth and Kunal Bansal in February, 2010. 3. Snapdeal will now offers consumers a financial service market place, a first of its kind initiative in the e-commerce industry. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
197) Consider the following statements regarding Green Tribunal: 1. The National Green Tribunal has been established on October 18, 2010 under the Nation Green Tribunal Act, 2010. 2. National Green Tribunal banned all the diesel vehicles, heavy or light, over 10 years old from plying on Delhi roads. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
199) Consider the following statements with respect to the Smart Traveller Insurance: 1. Bharti AXA General Insurance (GI) Company Limited has launched Smart Traveller. 2. It covered global coverage for students, individuals, families and frequent travellers. 3. These cover geographies including the USA and Canad a. 4. Students in age group of 16 to 40 years covering USA and Canada and rest of the worl d. Choose the correct statements.
201) Which of the following bank, has signed MoU with Life Insurance Corporation of India to provide insurance cover to its all Aadhaar linked savings account holders in the age group of 18 to 50 years? LIC will provide insurance cover .under the Union government flagship Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJBY) Scheme.
(1) High-powered panel will re-examine and recommend appropriate set of businesses, size, conversion and licensing terms for the UCB sector.
(2) High-powered panel will only recommend appropriate set of businesses, size, conversion and licensing terms for the UCB sector.
(3) High-powered panel will re-examine and recommend appropriate set of businesses, size, conversion and licensing terms for the UCB sector.
(4) High-powered panel will re-examine and recommend appropriate set of businesses, size, conversion and licensing terms for the Banking sector.
203) Which of the following reasons, the Supreme Court declared the Union government's decision as null and void? 1. As per the Mandal Commission's recommendation through caste is a prominent factor it cannot be the sale factor of determining the backwardness of a class. 2. Inclusion of politically organised castes like the Jats in OBC list is not good for other backward classes.
204) Consider the following statements regarding Swachh Bharat Mission: 1. It was launched by the Prime Minister on the October 2, 2014 2. This mission seeks to achieve Clean India and aims to provide access to toilets to all households in the country. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
(1) These pockets particularly have been identified from marginalised groups such as scheduled castes,scheduled tribes and Christian girls.
(2) The atlas has a geographical representation and time series data on various levels of education related parameters in the country.
(3) The Union government has released this web-based tool for advancing girls education on April 1, 2015,
(4) The data from atlas will not help the state in policy making, it only for Union government.
207) Consider the following statements regarding International Achievement Award: 1. Dr. Subadhra Devi Rani was named for the International Achievement Award 2015. 2. Award given by the Florence Nightingale International Foundations (FNIF) of the International Council of Nursers. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
210) Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar completed his SAARC Yatra of four nations. SAARC Yatra was undertaken with an aim to firm up India's ties with members of the grouping which reviewing regional and bilateral cooperation. During the Yatra, he visited for countries. Which of the following is not listed in the four countries?
212) Consider the following statements: 1. Russia has signed an agreement with Cyprus to give navy ships access to Cypriot ports. 2. Russia has sought to strengthen ties with a number of individual EU members, after the bloc along with the US imposed sanctions on Moscow over its role in Ukraine. 3. The deal came as tensions between Russia and Western countries over the conflict of Ukraine. Choose the correct statements(s).
215) Consider the following statements regarding 'National' Aeronautics and Space Administration' about discovery evidence on Mars: 1. NASA's Curiosity rover found evidence of nitrogen on the surface of Mars. 2. The Curiosity rover was launched by NASA with an aim to study the Martian atmosphere and explore the possibilities for future human habitation. Which of the above statements) is/are correct?
219) Consider the following statements: 1. India's first Polar Remotely Operated Vehicle (PROVe) operation alised by National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) 2. PROVe will measure parameters Like Ocean Currents, temperature and salinity in the Arctic. Which is the correct statement(s) regarding PROVe?