5) The employees of five associate banks of State Bank of India (SBI) went on a strike on 4 Jun to protest against their merger with the SBI. Which of the following is NOT an associate bank of the SBI as of now?
35) India and which of the following countries undertook a two-week Army exercise' Ajeya Warrior' starting Jun 13 focusing on joint tactical level operations in counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism?
77) The amount to be paid for a contract of insurance to the insurance company, that is the sum that a person pays monthly, quarterly or annually according to their plan, in return of the coverage he/she has taken from the insurance company is known as
92) The objective of the Third Tamil Nadu Urban Development Project for India is to improve urban infrastructure services in Tamil Nadu in a sustainable manner through I. To strength the managerial, financial and technical capabilities of Urban Local Bodies (ULBs). II . To mobilise resources and securing sustainable funding sources for urban infrastructure investments by Tamil Nadu Urban Development Fund (TNUDF). III. To provide incentives for investments in low-income neighborhoods through the use of capital grants. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
93) Consider the following statements with respect to functions of Migrant Resource Centre : I. Dissemination of information on safe and legal migration, II. Dissemination of information regarding status of recruiting agents along with other service providers. III. Registration and response to complaints and grievances within the redressed forum of MOIA. IV. To offer counseling support in form of walk in or telephone and email support. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
95) Consider the following statements with respect to renewable energy policy : I. The Telangana government unveiled its new industrial policy , today which focuses on time-bound approvals for setting up projects in the State. II. As per the new policy Telangana State Industrial Project Approval and Self-certification System (TS-iPASS), penal action will be taken against government officials if there is any undue delay in processing applications. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
96) Consider the following statements with respect to Jaipur Metro : I. Jaipur Metro is a rapid transit system in the city of Jaipur. Construction on the mostly elevated part of the first line, called Phase 1 A, comprising 9.63 km (5.98 mi) of route from Mansarovar to Chandpole Bazaar, started on November 13, 2010, and was completed in 2014. II. The Jaipur Metro commenced its regular commercial operations from all its 9 stations—Mansarovar, New Aatish Market, Vivek Vihar, Shyam Nagar, Ram Nagar. Civil Lines, Railway Station, Sindhi Camp and Chandpole. III. Two types of tourist cards, one-day tour card and three-day tour card, have been introduced, which can be used for unlimited number of trips during the day(s) of their validity. IV. The project was initiated by the previous government and fully funded by the State government and its agencies. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
97) Consider the following statements with respect to Armed Forces Special Powers Act: I. AFSPA provides unlimited powers to security forces to shoot at sight, arrest anybody without a warrant, and carry out searches without consent. All this knowing that they wouldn't face any legal action for any action undertaken under the act. II. A bit over 18 years after the AFSPA was enforced in Tripura, the state government decided to withdraw the Act. The decisions were taken in view of the decrease of militancy-related incidents in Tripura over the last few years. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
98) Consider the following statements with respect to renewable energy policy : I. Maharashtra Cabinet approved new and renewable energy policy worth Rs. 4156.43 crore. By implementing this policy, the State will get electricity fee of Rs. 3885 crore and thus, the actual expenditure is only Rs. 271.43 crore. II. The State can produce 15400 MW power through non-conventional resources and will take a step towards becoming self-sustainable. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
99) AFSPA was enacted in 1958, before the birth of this State in December, 1961. AFSPA came in the context of the Naga Hills rebellion of Asom and has refused to leave more than 50 years after the new State was created, thanks to continued insurgencies by multiple rebel groups. But, the situation has changed dramatically since the NSCN (M) "the mother of all insurgencies" began peace talks over 14 years ago, and most civil society groups in this State are now opposed to the continuation of AFSPA. The above paragraph is related to the
100) Consider the following statements with respect to INS-Vikrant : I. India crossed a major milestone in defence shipbuilding when the maiden indigenous aircraft carrier INS-Vikrant was undocked on completion of structural work at the State-owned Cochin Shipyard. II. The undocking was done after a series of postponements caused by a glitch with the dock gate operation and siltation at the dock mouth. The flooding of the dock and ballasting of the ship had begun. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
101) Consider the following statements with respect to 'Padho Punjab Khelo Punjab Mission' : I. Punjab government has launched 'Padho Punjab-Khelo Punjab Mission' i.e., Learn Punjab-Play Punjab Mission. It is a special mission launched to provide school students a separate period in the curriculum for playing along with studies. II. The purpose of the mission is to encourage more youngsters towards sports to produce quality players for the country. This will also inculcate the sportsmanship spirit and competitiveness amongst them. Under this mission, a 40-50 min special period has been kept for sports. III. During this period, students of middle-schools will be taught various games including the games played locally. Mission's pilot project was launched by State Education Minister Dr. Daljeet Singh Cheema at a government girl's school in Rupnagar district of State. IV. As part of it five teachers have been trained for purpose Padho Punjab-Khelo Punjab Mission. They will further give training to other teachers to physically train students in sports. Which of the above statements) is/are true?
102) Consider the following statements : I. Pay & Use toilet scheme is important to stop open defecation in urban areas where individual toilet is not feasible. II. Gujarat Municipal Finance Board has been nominated as the nodal agency for the same by the State government. III. As per the revised guidelines government assistance up to Rs. 7.10 lakh is available for Pay & Use Toilet of 40 units block. IV. For the year 2013-14 & 2014-15 the target of 628 Pay & Use Toilet blocks has been allocated to the urban local bodies of the Gujarat State. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
103) Consider the following statements with respect to Prevention of Corruption Act : I. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its nod to amendments to the Prevention of Corruption Act (PCA), 1988 by pursuing the Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Bill, 2014. II. The proposed amendments in the bill to amend parent Act mainly aim at laying down more stringent measures to tackle corruption. It also seeks to fill in the perceived gaps in the International anti-corruption law as per the United Nations Convention against Corruption (UNCAC). Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
104) Consider the following statement with respect to Health Phone programme : I. World's largest digital mass education Programme launched by government of India to fight malnutrition under the name of IAP Health Phone. This program will help to reach out women across every State of India, and unleash a new health revolution never experienced in the country. II. This mission is powered by digital and mobile medium is to educate and inform 60 lakh women and girls between the age of 13-65 about importance of nutrition and its impact on the overall welfare of the society. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
105) The Whitley Award was established in 1994 by Edward Whitley and given by the Whitley Fund for Nature (WFN). Every year, the award recognises and celebrates effective national and regional conservation leaders across the globe. The award is also dubbed as Green Oscar. The award is awarded to whom of the following?
106) "It is not a political document or a poll campaign sheet", the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar insisted. "Bihar needs a vision document going forward. It will be prepared after eliciting opinion from the nearly four crore people of the State, including the intelligentsia and people from different walks of life. We will reach out to the masses in about 40000 villages." The Chief Minister's announcement came in the backdrop of the Janata Parivar, a volatile coalition of several avowedly socialist parties, agreeing after months of negotiations to back him for another term. ' The above paragraph is talking about the
107) Consider the following statements with respect to 161st member of the WTO: I. Seychelles became the 33rd government to accede to the rules based multilateral trading system through Article-XII negotiations since the WTO was established in 1995. II. The President of Seychelles, James Michel had signed the legal instrument for the island nation to the WTO, a day after the accession protocol was ratified by the Seychelles National Assembly. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
108) Consider the following statements with respect to World Justice Project: I. The World Justice Project (WJP) Rule of Law Index provides original, impartial data on how the rule of law is experienced by the general public in 102 countries around the globe. II. The WJP Rule of Law Index is the most comprehensive index of its kind and the only to rely solely on primary data. The Index's scores are built from the assessments of local residents and local legal experts, ensuring that the findings reflect the conditions experienced by the population, including marginalised sectors of society. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
109) Real estate portal PropTiger.com has acquired its rival to ramp up its presence in India's secondary property market. After the acquisition, both portals will run separately. In this regard, Elara Technologies parent firm of PropTiger.com has entered into a transaction for an undisclosed amount. PropTiger.com acquires which of the following?
110) Consider the following statements with respect to Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley inaugurated the New Bank Note Paper Line unit of 6000 metric tonnes capacity at Security Paper Mill in Hoshangabad in Madhya Pradesh : I. State of the art continuous pulp manufacturing plant integrated with paper machine. II. The bank note paper manufactured here is incorporated with advanced security features. III. Capable of manufacturing all denominations of bank note paper, including in the higher denomination of Rs. 1000 with 3-dimentional toned water mark. Plant project has been completed at a cost of Rs. 495 crore. IV. Incorporated with latest technology that uses less power and minimum water consumption. The plant is environment friendly with zero liquid discharge. It will generate both direct and indirect employment. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
112) Consider the following statements with respect to protection of journalists : I. The United Nations Security Council unanimously adopted a resolution on the protection of journalists in conflict zones. II. The Security Council resolution condemns such attacks and warns parties to conflicts, including governments and armed groups, that they should take all reasonable steps to protect journalists, III. It also calls for the immediate and unconditional release of reporters who are hostages in conflict zones. IV. The head of Reporters without Borders, Christophe Deloire, said Pakistan and Yemen have become two of the most dangerous places for journalists to work. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
113) Former Director of Intelligence Bureau (IB) was appointed as Prime Minister's Special Envoy for Counter Terrorism and Extremism in National Security Council (NSC) Secretariat. His rank will be of Secretary to the government for a period of three years or until further orders, whichever is earlier. The above paragraph is related to
114) Consider the following statements with respect to USA Freedom Act into law : I. President Barack Obama has signed the USA Freedom Act into law, reinstating the Patriot Act's controversial Section-215 but curbing some of the NSA's broad surveillance powers. II. The bill also .enacts the most sweeping surveillance reforms in a generation, for the first time in years putting new restrictions on federal intelligence powers. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
115) Consider the following statements with respect to Jhelum and Tawi Flood Recovery Project: I. The recovery project will play important role in reconstruction of flood-affected public infrastructure. It includes roads, bridges and public infrastructure. II. It will also strengthen the capacity of State government to respond and better manage natural disasters in future. III. It will focus on 20 districts of state and help to rebuild damaged public buildings such as schools, hospitals, higher education buildings, fire stations, selected block and district offices. It also seeks to strengthen and reinforce existing weak and vulnerable flood control infrastructure. IV. The investments will primarily include rehabilitation and renovation of storm water pumping stations in several areas. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
116) Uttar Pradesh Food Safety and Drug Administration (UP FDA) had asked this company to withdraw a batch of Maggi noodles from the market after they had found that it contained high level of lead and Monosodium glutamate (MSG), a taste enhancer. The above paragraph is related to the
117) India has joined the Multilateral Competent Authority Agreement (MCAA) on Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information (AEOI). Consider the following Implications : I. When fully implemented, these standards will enable India to receive information from almost every country in the world including offshore financial centres. Thus, it will help to prevent international tax evasion and avoidance. II. It will be also instrumental in getting information about assets of Indians held abroad and their beneficial owners. Thus, it will directly help the government to curb tax evasion and deal with the menace of black money stashed abroad. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
118) Consider the following statements with respect to Turkish general election : I. The Turkish general election of 2015 took place on June 7, 2015 to elect 550 members to the Grand National Assembly of Turkey. II. It was the 24th general election in the history of the Turkish Republic. III. The Justice and Development Party (AKP), which had governed Turkey since 2002, won their parliamentary majority and remained as the largest party in Parliament. IV. Opinion polls throughout the election campaign have consistently showed a strong AKP lead over the main opposition CHP. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
119) Consider the following statements with respect to India and Belarus to enhance bilateral cooperation : I. To strengthen the bilateral relations and cooperation in the field of trade, culture and other areas. II. To amend the agreement between two countries for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to Taxes on Income and on Property (Capital) of September, 1997. III. An MoU on Cooperation in the field of Standardisation and Information Support : It was signed between Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) and the State Committee for Standardisation of the Republic of Belarus. IV. An MoU for cooperation on Broadcasting : It was signed between Prasar Bharati (PB) and the National State Television and Radio Company of the Republic of Belarus (Belteleradiocompany). Which of the above statements) is/are true?
120) Consider the following statements . with respect to Muhammadu Buhari: I. He has given his support for the total implementation of Sharia in the country. II. He had the advantage of being the candidate of a united opposition grouping, the All Progressives Congress (APC). III. He won the 2015 general election, defeating the incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan, thus marking the first time in Nigeria's history that an incumbent President was defeated in an election by the leader of the opposition. IV. He joined the Nigerian Army in 1961, when he attended the Nigerian Military Training College (in February, 1964, it was renamed the Nigerian Defence Academy) in Kaduna. From 1962 to 1963, he underwent officer cadets training at Mons Officer Cadet School in Aldershot in England. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
121) Consider the following statement with respect to trace missing child : I. Union government has launched 'Khoya Paya' web platform for people to directly report, track and upload information on missing children. II. It was jointly launched by the Union Minister of Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi and Union Minister of Communication & IT Ravi Shankar Prasad in New Delhi. III. Khoya Paya is joint initiative of the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) and the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DEIT). IV. The first-of-its-kind web portal will serve as a platform for people to not only report a missing child but also track the efforts towards his or her recovery. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
122) Consider the following statements with respect to Minsk Protocol : I. Representatives of Ukraine, the Russian Federation, the Donetsk People's Republic (DPR), and the Lugansk People's Republic (LPR) signed the Minsk Protocol, an agreement to halt the war in the Donbass region of Ukraine, on September 5, 2014. II. The agreement was drawn-up by the Trilateral Contact Group on Ukraine, which consisted of representatives from Ukraine, Russia, and the OSCE. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
123) Consider the following statements with respect to Gatimaan Express : I. It is equipped with a 5400 Horse Power (HP) electric locomotive engine and 12 modern coaches. It also has extra advance features such as automatic fire alarm, emergency braking system along with the passenger information system and sliding doors inside the coaches. II. To attain high speed, railway tracks for this train route have been fenced off at certain places, signaling system has been upgraded. The fare of this train service will be 25% more normal fare of Shatabdi Express (between Delhi and Agra). Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
124) Consider the following statements with respect to World No Tobacco Day: I. World No Tobacco Day, calls on countries to work together to end the illicit trade of tobacco products which is a major global concern including for health, legal and economic, governance and corruption. II. In 1988, WHO'S World Health Assembly had passed a resolution calling for the celebration of World No Tobacco Day, every year on May 31. Since then, the WHO has supported World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) every year, linking each year to a different tobacco-related theme. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
126) Consider the following statements with respect to Goals of the WNTD 2015 campaign : I. To raise awareness on the harm to people's health caused by the illicit trade in tobacco products. II. To promotes health care gains and programmes, tobacco control policies like increased tax and prices, pictorial health warnings and other measures to curb illicit trade in tobacco products. III. To demonstrate how the tobacco industry has been involved in the illicit trade of tobacco products. IV. To highlight how the illicit trade of tobacco products finances criminal groups for organised crime activities including drugs, human and arms trafficking as well as terrorism. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
128) Consider the following statements with respect to yoga : I. Ahmedabad-Haridwar Mail Express also known as 'Haridwar Mail' as Yoga Express. The name was changed with immediate effect. II. Union government is observing International Yoga Day on June 21, 2015. Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?
136) Shooting is an important Olympic sport in India. Indian shooters who have excelled at the world stage include I. Abhinav Bindra II . Chain Singh III. Gagan Narang IV. Tintu Luka Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
139) Under Swadesh Darshan, the following circuits have been identified for development: I. North-East Circuit II.Buddhist Circuit III. Himalayan Circuit IV. Coastal Circuit V. Krishna Circuit Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
(1) It was released by Vice-President M. Hamid Ansari in New Delhi.
(2) According to the book, a travelogue is an effort initiated by the lawyers of India and Pakistan to work jointly to ensure that Pakistani prisoners languishing in Indian jails are treated in accordance with the spirit of the Constitution of India.
(3) Similarly as given in point 2, the same treatment should be mended for the Indian prisoners on Pakistan and they should be given fair trials.
(4) All of the above
142) The CSIR developed nano catalyst helps in adopting a new process of selective oxidation because
(2) it is an economically viable and more environment friendly means
(3) it has maximum waste and it can again be recycled
(4) it is not categorised as hazardous
143) Recently, eleven pacts were signed by Germany and India. In this regard, which of the following statement(s) is/are correct? I. The pacts were signed in March month at the Hannover Trade Fair. II. Indian companies including HMT and Essel Group have signed 11 MoUs with German firms. III. The pacts will help boost foreign fund inflows as well as domestic manufacturing. Select the correct answer using the codes given below,
144) Government provision under Atal Pension Yojana is/are I. Fixed pension guarantee for the subscribers. II. Would co-contribute 50% of the subscriber contribution or Rs. 1000 per annum, whichever is lower, to eligible subscribers. III. would also reimburse the promotional and development activities including incentive to the contribution collection agencies to encourage people to join the APY. Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
145) Choose the correct statements from the following : I. The second largest private lender HDFC Bank launched co-branded medical benefits card with Apollo Hospitals. II. The card comes with a free accidental death insurance of Rs.3 lakh. III. Accident hospitalisation insurance of Rs. 150000 apart from discounts at Apollo network. Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
(1) it is energy-consuming, environmentally unfavourable.
(2) it is loss energy consuming, loss environment friendly but highly efficient
(3) it is energy consuming, environmentally unfavourable and disadvantageous for practical operation
(4) it is efficient than all other techniques of nano technology
(5) None of these
147) Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct regarding Temple of Heaven? I. It is a complex of religious buildings situated in Central Fujian. II. It was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1998. III. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended a Yoga-Taichi event at the Temple of Heaven. Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
151) The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has given its approval to allow the REITs as an eligible financial instrument/ structure under the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999. What is REITs?
154) Which of the following statements is true about the exports of China which is a close competitor of India? I. China's economic , success is basically on the fact that it exports cheaper goods to rich nations like the USA etc. II. In the year 2007, China's exports became almost 40% of its GDP. IE. When compared to India China's share in the world exports is more than 30% whereas India's share is mere 6% of the global exports.
157) David Cameron, Prime Minister of United Kingdom, is set for a second term as his Party won a majority in the UK's hotly-contested polls recently by winning 331 seats out of total 650 seats in House of Commons. He belongs to which party?
161) Philippine and Japanese coast guard teams staged an anti-piracy drill, which featured the storming of a cargo vessel after a mock hijack recently in a show of maritime cooperation between the two nations amid rising tension in Asian waters. The drill is exercised on which bay?
169) Which place a government operated postal system, cater the e-commerce business enterprises, Communication and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched a dedicated e-commerce Centre of India Posts?
173) Consider the following statement(s) about Strategic Debt Restructuring (SDR) scheme of RBI: I. The RBI issued new norms for Strategic Debt Conversion (SDR) which will give lenders the right to convert their outstanding loans into a majority equity stake if the borrower fails to meet conditions stipulated under the restructuring package. II. It should be approved by 75% of the creditors by value and 60% of creditors by number. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
174) Consider the following statement(s) related to 'Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL)' : I. Kochi Metro is a joint venture of the governments of India and Kerala. II. Axis Bank has formed a Consortium of service providers and will soon start work on installing AFC system. Which of the above statement(s)is/are correct?
(4) dispute of 4096 km long border between both countries
(5) None of these
176) Consider the following statement(s) related to 'Environmental Democracy Index (EDI)' : I. India has ranked 24th out of 70 countries in the first Environmental Democracy Index that is topped by Lithuania and evaluates nations' progress in enacting laws to promote transparency, accounta¬bility and citizen engagement in environmental decision making. II. The index evaluates environmental democracy in 70 countries, including 75 legal and 24 practice indicators, based on recognised international standards. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
177) Consider the following statement(s) regarding National People's Party : I. It was founded in January, 2013 by PA Sangma, nine-time Member of Parliament from Meghalaya. II. Election Commission of India (ECI) has suspended recognition of the PA Sangma-led National People's Party (NPP) which was a recognised State party in Meghalaya. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
(1) exchanging information on missing and found children
(2) lost articles of Railways
(3) lost articles during portal transport
(4) lost vehicles in different States
(5) None of these
179) Consider the following statement(s) related to 'New Bank Note Paper Line unit' : I. Union Finance Minister Arunjaitley inaugurated the New Bank Note Paper Line unit of 6000 metric tonne capacity at Security Paper Mill in Hoshangabad in Madhya Pradesh. II. First consignment of Rs. 1000 bank notes made indigenously from this paper mill to the Currency Note Press Nasik. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
182) Consider the following statement(s) related to World Tobacco 2015 campaign : I. Raise awareness on the harm to people's health caused by the illicit trade in tobacco products. II. Ratification of the Protocol to Eliminate Illicit Trade in Tobacco Products by all Parties to the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (WHO FCTC) to curb illicit trade. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
184) Consider the following statement(s) regarding 'Jal Kranti Abhiyan' : I. It was launched by Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Uma Bharti in Jaipur, Rajasthan. II. Jal Kranti Abhiyan aims at turning one water scared village in each district of the country into water surplus village water through a holistic and integrated approach by adopting conservation and management techniques. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
186) Consider the following statement(s)related to 'Clean Ganga Mission' : I. The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) signed an MoU for period of five years on June 8, 2015. II. It established along-term partnership for the involvement of youth in the abatement of pollution and conservation of the river Ganga. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
188) Consider the following statement(s) regarding Agreement on Coastal Shipping between India and Bangladesh : I. The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has given its approval to the agreement on Coastal Shipping between India and Bangladesh to carry out coastal movement of goods between the two countries. II. The Indian ports serving as transhipment ports for Bangladesh cargo will derive benefits by way of enhanced throughput as a result of Indo-Bangladesh coastal trade. Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?