1) As per the recently released data of Tiger population estimation, consider the following statements : 1. The Tiger population in India has increased to 2226. 2. It is an increase by 30.5% since the last estimate of 2010. 3. The National Tiger Conservation Authority in collaboration with the State Forest Departments, National Conservation NGOs, and the Wildlife Institute of India conducts a national assessment for the 'Status of Tiger'. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
2) Consider the following about INS Kamorta : 1. The first indigenously builts stealth anti-Submarine warfare corvette. 2. INS Kamorta is first of the fourt ASW Stealth carvettes designed by Indian Navy's in house design organisations. 3. The ship can achieve peak speed of 25 knots. 4. INS Kamorta is well equipped to fight in nuclear, biological and chemical warfare conditions. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
3) Consider the following statements about INS-Vikramaditya : 1. INS-Vikramaditya is a Kiev class aircraft carrier which was initially commissioned by Russian Navy in 1987. 2. INS-Vikramditya has been acquired from Russia for over Rs. 2000 crore. 3. It can carry 30 aircraft including Mig-29 Ks, Ka-28 anti-submarine Helicopters. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
4) India is home to more than hundred national parks. In this regard, consider the following statements : 1. National Park is an example of ex-situ conservation method. 2. National Parks are constituted as per the Environment Protection Act, 1986. 3. Both the Centre and States are authorised to declare an area as a national park. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
6) Consider the following statements : 1. Nitrogen oxides formed in the stratosphere contribute to a reduction of zone content in the stratosphere. 2. Ozone is formed in the stratosphere through the splitting of ordinary oxygen molecules by ultraviolet radiation from the Sun. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(1) It was the first from a canister, a method that will allow the missile to be fired even from roads.
(2) Three propulsion stages, developed completely indigenously.
(3) Agni-V was successfully carried out for its full range of more than 5000 km.
(4) It can only carry conventional warhead not capable of carrying nuclear warhead.
(5) None of these
9) Recently, first Environmental Democracy Index was released. Consider the following statements regarding it : 1. Washington-based World Resource Institute (WRI) and the Access Initative, released the first Environmental Democracy Index (EDI). 2. The index evaluates the environmental democracy in 100 countries based on recognised international standards. 3. The index evaluates whether government are enacting national laws to promote transparency, accountability, and citizen engagement in environmental decision making. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
10) Consider the following statements regarding 'BARAK 8 missile' : 1. Long range surface-to-surface missile, co-developed by India and Israel. 2. The missile successfully intercepted a manoeuvring air breathing target. 3. BARAK-8 will be deployed on the newly commissioned INS Kolkata. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(2) A unified command comprising Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard.
(3) A unified command comprising Navy and the Coast Guard.
(4) One of the commands of the Indian Navy.
(5) None of these
13) Rajaji National Park in Uttarakhand declared as India's 48th Tiger Reserve. Consider the following about Rajaji National Park : 1. The Rajaji National Park that came into existence in 1983, spread across three districts of Uttarkahand. 2. The Park is a home to 315 bird species, 40 species of reptiles and fish and 400 Asian elephants. 3. The Park was named after the last Governor-General of Independent India, C. Rajagopalachari, popularly known as Rajaji. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
16) Which of the following statements are correct regarding Net Neutrality? 1. It refers to no excess payments made by final consumers to network operators for accessing a selection of websites. 2. It rejects special treatment given by telecom operators to select websites favouring speed and bandwidth. 3. Internet, org is a violation of the principles of Net Neutrality. Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
20) The Goods and Services Tax is are of the main items an the finance agenda. Consider the following about the GST Bill: 1. It is for the Constitutional Amendment Bill 2014, (122 Amendment Bill). 2. The Bill seeks to amend the Constitution to introduce a Goods and Services Tax (GST), which will subsumes various central direct taxes. 3. The centre will levy an additional 1% tax on the supply of goods in the cause of inter-state trade. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(1) The new five year Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) 2015-20 provides a framework for increasing export of goods and services as well.
(2) Government has not simplified various Export-Import Forms.
(3) Trade facilitation and enhancing the ease of doing business are other major focus areas in this new FTP.
(4) The focus of the new policy is to support both the manufacturing and services sectors.
(5) None of these
23) Consider the following regarding 35th National Games : 1. Sachin Tendulkar was selected as the Goodwill Ambassador for the 35th National Games. 2. 35th National Games of India were held across seven districts in Kerala. 3. The Great Hornbill or Great Indian Hornbill, the State bird of Kerala, is the official Mascot of the 35th National Games. 4. 36th National Games will be hosted by Asom. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
24) The RBI approved the amalgamation of ING Vysya Bank with Kotak Mahindra Bank. Consider the following statements regarding this : 1. With this sanction, all branches of ING Vysya Bank will function as branches of Kotak Mahindra Bank with effect from April 1, 2015. 2. This approval of RBI for the merger deal would created Kotak as the country's second largest private sector lender after HDFC Bank in terms of market capitalisation. Which of the statements given above is/are incorrect?
26) Consider the following statements regarding USA probe against TCS, Infosys for H1B visa violations ; 1. This move is in relation to possible violations of rules for visas for foreign technology workers. 2. The power company had recently laid off more than 500 technology workers from the USA. 3. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and Infosys, the biggest Indian outsourcing companies. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(1) treatment of Gross National Product in measuring economic growth
(2) treatment of Indian Nationals working abroad for contribution to National Income
(3) special treatment given to a bilateral trading partner in the form of trade concessions
(4) equal treatment of imported goods with domestically produced goods in the domestic market
(5) None of these
30) Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis won WTA Family Circle Cup. Consider the following statements : 1. $ 731000 Prize for WTA Family Circle Cup doubles. 2. In the title clash, the duo defeated Australian-Croatian pair of Casey Dellacqua and Darija Jurak. 3. Sania Mirza become the first female tennis player from India to achieve the world number one rank in doubles. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
31) The government and RBI signed an agreement on monetary policy framework. Consider the features of the agreement: 1. India's monetary policy framework will be operated by the RBI. 2. If the RBI fails to meet the target, then it will have to report to the Union government with reasons. 3. It does not binds the Union government to take proactive measures for price control. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
32) Yuki Bhambri won ITF Uzbekistan Fl Futures Singles title. Consider the following statements : 1. He became junior World No. 1 in 2009. 2. He won the first Junior Australian Open title in 2009. 3. He become the first Indian to win this. 4. Yuki Bhambri won the Uzbekistan Fl Futures men's singles title by defeating Dzmitry Zyrmont of Serbia. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
33) Consider the following statements regarding PM Jan Dhan Yojana : 1. The programme is aimed at improving the lives of million of India's poor by bringing them into the financial mainstream. 2. The bank account holder will have ? 1 lakh accident insurance cover and an additional Rs. 30000 life insurance cover. 3. Kerala and Tamil Nadu have become the first States in the country to achieve 100% financial inclusion under PMJDY. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
35) The Reserve Bank of India has come up with guidelines for licensing of small finance banks in the private sector. Consider the following statements in this regard : 1. The main objectives of setting-up of small finance banks will be to further financial inclusion. 2. Resident individuals/professionals with 10 years of experience in banking and finance will be eligible to set-up small financial banks. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
36) Consider the following statements about FIFA Women's World Cup : 1. The United States of America (USA) won the FIFA Women's World Cup in July, 2015. 2. The USA defeated Canada in the final match. 3. This was third World Cup title for the USA. 4. Golden Glove Award was given to Hope Solo (USA). Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
37) Consider the following statements about the re-launch of Kisan Vikas Patra: 1. The investment made in the certificate will double in 100 months and Lock in-period is 30 months. 2. The certificates can be purchased by an adult for himself or on behalf of a minor or to a minor. It can be issued in single not in joint names. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
39) Consider the following statements about MUDRA Bank : ,. 1. It has been set-up to provide loans to the small entrepreneurs. 2. Currently it is being operationalised as a subsidiary of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI). 3. It has received a budgetary support of Rs. 20000 crore. 4. This bank would be registering and regulating Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs). Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
40) Lin Dan of China won men's title of Badminton Asia Championships 2015. Consider the following statements in this regard : 1. He won the title by defeating compatriot Tian Houwei. 2. With this, he won the Asian Championship for the first time. 3. Lin Dan, the number 2 seed, is a five time world champion and twice Olympic gold medallist. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
41) Consider the following statements about Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) : 1. It will have authorised capital of $200 billion and the initial subscribed capital is expected to be around $ 50 billion. 2. China will contribute $ 50 billion of the bank's $ 200 billion capital base, becoming its largest shareholder Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(1) Botanical garden in West Bengal have developed artificial pollinated double coconut tree.
(2) It is one of the rare and globally threatened species of palm.
(3) The artificially pollination is a result of few months of work by scientists.
(4) With the help of pollen from another tree from Thailand.
(5) None of these
43) Consider the following statements regarding India-USA memorandum of cooperation : 1. It will enabled India to make use of world's latest technology available with the USA. 2. It will not covers areas like highway transportation, urban transportation safety and environment protections. 3. It aims to foster cooperative work on key issues of mutual interest for all models of transportation. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
44) Consider the following about world's first water-based computer development: 1. Manu Prakash has come-up with a computer that works by moving water-droplet. 2. Water droplets are trapped in a magnetic field, when the field rotated or flipped, the droplets move in precise direction and distance. Select the correct answer using the codes given below
45) Operation Raahat was in news during April, 2015 as launched a massive air and sea operation to evacuate Indians. Consider the following regarding this : 1. Operation Raahat was launched to evacuate over 4000 Indians nationals from Yemen. 2. It was launched to make sure that Indian nationals are not harmed in the military operation. 3. Military operation was started in Yemen by Saudi Arabia and 10 other countries. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
47) Consider the following statements regarding Russia-Argentina agreements : 1. Russia and Argentina in April, 2015 signed a series of framework agreements on economic and energy cooperation. 2. Russia has shifted its policy towards Asia, Africa and South American countries to tackle the effects of economic sanctions imposed by European Union and US over crisis in Ukraine. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
48) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research Indian Institute of Petroleum (CSIRIIP) has developed new energy efficient synthesis strategies for preparation of various nano structured material. Select the correct statement about developed nano catalyst.
49) Consider the following statements regarding India-Vietnam joint vision statement on defence cooperation : 1. India and Vietnam signed a joint Vision Statement on Defence Cooperation for the period 2015-2020. 2. India announced $ 100 million line of credit to Vietnam, to enable Vietnam acquire new naval vessels from India. 3. The above initiatives of the Union government are part of its Act East Policy. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
50) Satellite Tracking System set-up in Himachal Pradesh. Consider the following about this : 1. Himachal Pradesh has set-up satellite tracking system to check the forest fire incidents during summer season. 2. In case of any fire incident, the forest officials will immediately receive SMS on their mobile. 3. Apart from this, the departments does not launch any awareness campaign across the State to protect forests. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
51) The government of India approved a pact on coastal shipping between India and Bangladesh. Consider the following : 1. It will help in decongestion of roads especially at the land custom stations check-post at India-Bangladesh border. 2. India's trade with Bangladesh has grown rapidly during past few years and Bangladesh is now India's second largest trade partner in South Asia. 3. India and Bangladesh shall render the same treatment to the other country's vessels as it would have done to its nation vessels. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(1) Solar storms can cause telecommunication disruptions and power out rages.
(2) Solar geomagnetic storm may be caused by giant cloud of Solar particles.
(3) Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) aligned in the same direction of the 'Earth's' magnetic field.
(4) Field can only be measured as passes over satellite.
(5) None of these
53) Consider the following statements about Iran and P5+1 nod for Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA): 1. Iran will not enrich Uranium over 3.67% for at least 15 years and would reduce its current stockpile of 1000kg of Low-Enriched Uranium (LEU) to 300 kg of 3.67% LEU for 15 years. 2. A dedicated procurement channel for Iran's nuclear programme will be Stablished to monitor and approve, on a case by case basis, the supply, sale or transfer to Iran of nuclear-related and dual use materials and technology. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(2) It is developed only by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
(3) It, does not have in applications in transport, sensitive commercial applications.
(4) It has developed at an estimated cost of Rs. 1000 crore.
(5) None of these
55) Consider the following statements regarding the China, Pakistan agreement of Economic Corridor Plan: 1. An agreement on China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Plan, worth $ 46 billion. 2. As part of the agreement, China will provide up to $ 37 billion in investment for energy projects. 3. China's government and banks, including New Development Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank will lend to Chinese companies, which will invest in the project. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
56) PSLV continuation programme launched, consider the following about this programme : 1. It is continuation programme of fifteen operational fight. 2. It will enable the launch of satellites required for Earth observation. 3. It will meet the demand for the launch for satellites at a frequency of ten launched per year. Which of the above statements is/are correct?
57) Consider the following statements regarding Operation Maitri : 1. India launched a relief and rescue operation named Maitri in Yemen. 2. India launched a relief and rescue operation in earthquake hit Nepal. 3. Home Ministry official was appointed to coordinate the rescue and relief efforts as part of Operation Maitri. 4. The operation started after India got permission to dock its offshore patrol vessel INS-Sumitra at the Aden harbour of Yemen. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
61) The government of Mauritius designated Ameenah Gurib-Fakim as new President of the Indian ocean island nation, consider the following statements about this : 1. She is internationally-renowned scientist and biologist, will be the first woman to hold position of President of Mauritius. 2. Her name was designated after former President Kailash Purryag stepped down from his post. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
62) The scientists discovered importance of Interteukin-21 Protein, which plays important role in limiting replication of HIV-1. Consider the following statements regarding this : 1. This study was spear head by Stanley Adoro, a postdoctoral associate at the Cornell Medical College in New York. 2. The study assumes significance due to the fact that curtailing the spread of the HlV-1 virus. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
63) Consider the following statements regarding Vatican signed a historic accord with Palestine : 1. The historic accord enshrined Palestine's special status as the birthplace of Christianity and the cradle of the monotheistic religions (Christianity, Islam, Judaism). 2. The accord, a treaty covering the activity of the church in the part of Holy Land under Palestinian control, was the first since, the Vatican recognised Palestine as a State in 2013. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(1) The Health Assembly is the Supreme decision-making body of WHO.
(2) The sixty-eighth session of World Health Assembly took place in New York.
(3) Issues discussed were monitoring the achievement of the health-related Millennium Development Goals.
(4) It is attended by delegations from all 194 member States of the global health institution.
(5) None of these
66) India abstains from UNHRC vote against Israel. Consider the following about UNHRC Resolution : 1. Indian abstained on a resolution at the UN Human Rights Council condemning Israel over the UN report into Operation Edge' in Gaza. 2. Resolution calls on all the UN officials to implement the report's recommendations and on UNHRC member States to ensure the application of international law in the occupied Palestinian territories. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
68) Which of the following is true? 1. Benzene hexachloride a non biodegradable pollutant. 2. Carbon dioxide is a primary air pollutant. 3. Sulphur dioxide causes brown air effect during traffic congestion in cities. 4. Anthropogenic air pollutants are natural origin. Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
69) European Council launched the EU naval operation against human smugglers. In this regard, consider the following statements : 1. The name of naval operation against human smugglers called 'EUNAVFORMed'. 2. Its mission is to identify, capture and dispose of vessels and enabling assets used or suspected of being used by migrant smugglers. 3. It is in the Indian ocean operation. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
71) Which of the given statements is/are correct regarding China's New National Security Law? 1. The new law will affect "only defence system of China. 2. The new law provided a legal foundation for the management of internet activities on China's territory. 3. The law will go into effect across the people's Republic, but will exclude the special administration regions of Hong Kong and Macau. Code
73) Consider the following statements regarding women milk bank 'Jeevan Dhara' : 1. Andhra Pradesh government recently open women milk bank 'Jeevan Dhara'. 2. The move is aimed at curbing the high infant mortality Crate of Andhra Pradesh. 3. The bank would store milk from donating lactating mothers that can be used for feeding infants who are deprived of it. . Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
75) Consider the following statements regarding characteristic features of FAME-India scheme : 1. Focus areas of the scheme will be technology development, demand creation, pilot projects, and changing infrastructure. 2. In three wheeler, the incentives will range from Rs. 3300 and Rs. 61000. 3. In case of buses, the incentive ranges from Rs. 50 lakh to Rs. 1 crore. 4. The Department of Heavy Industries will be nodal department for the scheme. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
77) Consider the following regarding task force on interlinking of rivers : 1. It will look into the issues relating to interlinking of rivers in the country. 2. The task force will be chaired by ex-UPSC member BN Navalawala and constitutes of experts. 3. It would try to forge a consensus amongst the States in order to take forward the speedy implementation of the interlinking of rivers programme. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
79) Recently, the National Judicial Appointments Commission (NJAC) has got President assent. The NJAC will comprise of 1. Chief Justice of India 2. Two senior judges of Supreme Court 3. Two eminent personalities 4. The Prime Minister and the Law Minister Choose the correct answer from the codes given below.
80) Consider the following statements about, China, India, Fast-Track BCIM Economic Corridor Project: 1. This project will link Kolkata with Kunming, the capital of China's Yunnan Province. 2. Mondalay and Dhaka are the other important cities it would be connecting. 3. This corridor will provide the much needed access to sea for North-Eastern States. 4. One of the strategic factor for China, driving the corridor was reduction of Reliance on the straits of Malacca. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
81) With respect of NITI Aayog, which of the following statements is/are true? 1. Sindhushree Khullar is the first CEO of NITI Aayog. 2. Arvind Panagariya is the Vice-Chairman of the NITI Aayog. 3. Economist Bibek Debroy and VK Saraswat are full time members. Code
(1) Seeking synergies between Swedish and Indian entrepreneurship
(2) It is for promoting Brand India is Sweden and Brand Sweden in India.
(3) Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) from Sweden to India to pegged at $ 100 million.
(4) A number of India companies have also invested in Sweden, particularly in the IT sector.
(5) None of these
86) According to data released by the Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy on June 4, 2015, consider the following statements : 1. Gujarat has grabbed the number one position in solar power in the country. 2. Rajasthan is at second number with 1000 MW installed capacity. 3. The solar power cost was lesser as compare to cost of power from thermal sources. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
87) Consider the following agreement to share tax information in between India-USA : 1. It is expected that the exchange of Information on automatic basis. 2. It would not deter tax offenders improve tax transparency, which is necessary for a healthy economy. Which of that statements given above is/are incorrect?
88) Consider the following statements about Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT): 1. The AMRUT Project will draw Rs. 50000 crore in central grants over five years. 2. 100 cities in Uttar Pradesh have been identified under AMRUT scheme. 3. Through this, the aim of the government is to give cities themselves the chance to plan their future growth. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
89) India and the Netherlands signed a Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) for development of vaccines. Consider the statements given below: 1. The MoU signed under 'Make in India' initiative of government of India. 2. To develop Measles-Rubella vaccine at its plant at Chola, Bulandshar, Uttar Pradesh. 3. Bharat Immunological and Biological Corporation Limited is a Maha Navratna Unit. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
90) The Bibek Debroy submitted report on reform and restructuring of Indian Railways (IR). Consider the following regarding the report: 1. Establishment of an independent regulator Railway Regulatory Authority of India (RRAI). 2. No privatisation of Indian Railways but allowed participation of private sector in the railway projects. 3. Central government should be asked to entirely fund the Government Railway Police. 4. There is need to improve the internal resource generation. Which of the statements given aboveis/are correct?
91) India, Nepal, Bhutan and bangladesh Signed Motor Vehicles Agreement. Consider the following statements : 1. It will pave the way for a seamless movement of people and goods across borders for integration of the region and its economic development 2. This would further need not to be supplemented through building and upgrading roads. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
92) Consider the following about Land Boundary Agreement between India-Bangladesh : 1. Under the agreement, India will have an advantage of 500 areas and 10000 areas will go to Bangladesh. 2. Under the agreement ,111 border enclaves will be transferred to Bangladesh in exchange for 51 will become part of India. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(1) It provides three types of policies viz., tier-1 policy for operators, tier-2 policy for turn key and tier-3 policy for suppliers other than turn key suppliers.
(2) It will be administered by the General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC).
(3) The amount in accordance with the act that prescribes that the operator's maximum liability shall be Rs. 1500 crore.
(4) It will not provide insurance cover for both hot zones (radiation and nuclear reactors) and cold zones (outside the reactor area).
(5) None of these
94) India lost poultry case against USA at WTO. Consider the following about this : 1. India ban import of poultry meat, eggs and live pigs from the USA. 2. In this regard, WTO ruled that the ban was inconsistent with the international norms. 3. India will have 3-years to implement this ruling. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
95) Minister of Railways inaugurated the broad-gauge railway line between. Gandhidham and Tuna-Tekra Port. In this regard, consider the following statements : 1. The rail line is India's first railway line built with private sector participation under Non-Government Railway Policy 2012. 2. The rail line has been built at a cost of approximate Rs.185 crore for Kandla Port Trust (KPT). 3. The major traffic on this line will be coal and fertilizer. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(1) The agreement between the two sides for the avoidance of double taxation.
(2) An MoU between Prasar Bharati and National State Television.
(3) An MoU on cooperation between the . Securities and Exchange Board of India and Belarusian.
(4) There is no any roadmap for exchanges of cultural relations and people-to-people contacts.
(5) None of these
97) Augmented Reality (AR) application named 'Sakaar' was punched. Consider the following statements about Sakaar 1. Application named Sakaar was launched to highlight the achievements of the Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO). 2. Sakaar consists of 3D models of Brahmos, Prithvi, Nuclear Submarine etc. 3. It is a live direct view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented by computer-generated 3D models, animations, videos etc. Which of the statements given above is/are incorrect?
98) India and USA deal to increase defence cooperation. Consider the following is this respect: 1. India and the USA signed 10 year defence framework agreement for closer cooperation in the fields of defence. 2. Both countries are not agreed to cooperate on jet engines, aircraft carrier design. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
99) Consider the following statements with respect to Skill India programme : 1. Skill India was punched on the occasion of the Labour Day. 2. The Skill India logo depicts a clenched hand in which a spanner and pencil are firmly held. 3. The spanner and pencil are held together, suggesting that both skill and general education are at parity and aspirational for India's youth. Which of the statements given above is/are incorrect?