1) Consider the following statements: 1. The Assam government announced that 15 gharials will be released in the Brahmaputra belt as part of its plan to make it a habitat of the species. 2. Experts from World Wide Fund for Nature (WWFN), an NGO have planned to release Gharials in February-March next year near Karmowal village. Which statement(s) is/are true?
2) Consider the following statements with respect to the National Adaptation Fund on Climate Change: 1. The government has established the National Adaptation Fund on Climate Change (NAFCC). 2. The objective of the fund is to assist State and Union Territories that are particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change in meeting the cost of adaptation. 3. The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has been appointed as National Implementing Entity (NIE) responsible for implementation of adaptation projects under the (NAFCC). Which statement(s) is/are true?
3) Recently, the National Judicial Appointments Commission (NJAC) has got President's assent. The NJAC will comprise of 1. Chief Justice of India 2. Two senior judges of Supreme Court 3. Two eminent personalities 4. The Prime Minister and the Law Minister Chose the correct answer from the codes given below.
4) Consider the following statements with respect to the National Green Tribunal: 1. The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has been established on October 18, 2010 under the National Green Tribunal Act 2010. 2. It is established for effective and expeditious disposal of cases relating to environmental protection and conservation of forests and other natural resources. 3. It also includes enforcement of any legal right relating to environment and giving relief and compensation for damages to persons and property and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto. 4. The NGT has directed the Uttar Pradesh government to ensure that no unauthorised construction activities are permitted and no trees cut in the eco-sensitive zone near the Taj Mahal. Which statement(s) is/are true?
5) Consider the following statements world's largest flower Blooms: 1. A Titan Arum, believed to be the world's largest flower, bloomed in Tokyo's Jindai Botanical Garden for the first time in five years. 2. The two-metre high (6.5 feet) flower has attracted hundreds of visitors to the garden forcing it to extend its opening hours. Which statement(s) is/are true?
6) Consider the following statements with respect to the Santhara: 1. Santhara means a fast unto death. A person after taking a vow of 'Santhara' stops eating and even drinking water and awaits death. 2. The Rajasthan High Court declared the practice of 'Santhara' or 'Sullekhana' within the Jain community as illegal. Which of the statement(s) given above is/are true?
7) Consider the following statements with respect to the Santhara: 1. Santhara means a fast unto death. A person after taking a vow of 'Santhara' stops eating and even drinking water and awaits death. 2. The Rajasthan High Court declared the practice of 'Santhara' or 'Sullekhana' within the Jain community as illegal. Which of the statement(s) given above is/are true?
8) Consider the following statements with respect to the Puntius dolichopterus: 1. A new cyprinid fish, Puntius dolichopterus has been discovered in Kerala's Kayamkulam city. 2. The new fish species has been discovered, named and described by Mathews Plamoottil, head of the department of Zoology, Baby John Memorial Government College, near Kollam city. 3. The new freshwater fish was collected from a small water stream flowing in the heart of Alappuzha district's Kayamkulam city. Which statement(s) is/are true?
9) Consider the following statements with respect to the Saraswati Samman: 1. President Pranab Mukherjee presented the 24th Saraswati Samman for 2014 to AA Manavalan for his epic "Sri Ramayana Mahanveshanam" written in Malayalam. 2. The first Saraswati Samman was awarded to HarivanshRai Bachchan in 1991 for "Autobiography in four volumes" written in Hindi. Which of the statement(s) given above is/are true?
10) Consider the following statements with respect to the GFI: 1. The Gymnastic Federation of India (GFI) pioneer of gymnastic in India came in existence in the year 1951 with the main aims to encourages, promotes, control, and popularises the competitive gymnastic in the Union of Indi a. 2. The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) granted its affiliation to the Federation in the year of 1952. India, being the second most populated and the 7th largest country of the world, the Gymnastic Federation of India is an important Unit of the Federation of International Gymnastic (FIG), Commonwealth Gymnastic Confederation (CGC) and Asian Gymnastic Union (AGU). 3. The Federation was registered with the Registrar of Societies Delhi under Societies Registration Act, 1957 in the year 1966. 4. Sudhakar Shetty of Maharashtra was elected as the President of the Gymnastics Federation of India (GFI) recently, replacing Jaspal Singh Kandhari. Which statement(s) is/are true?
11) Consider the following statements: 1. The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee, inaugurated an International Conference on 'Inclusive Museums' at Rashtrapati Bhavan on August 6, 2015. 2. The theme of the Conference is 'Museums as Civic Spaces'. Which of the statement(s) given above is/are true?
12) Consider the following statements with respect to the Acharya Dev Vrat: 1. He is sworn as the 27th Governor of Himachal Pradesh. 2. He chose to take the oath in Sanskrit, sending a strong message about his "gurukul" background and becoming the first Governor of the state to take oath in a language other than Hindi and English. Which statement(s) is/are true?
13) Consider the following statements with respect to the Youth Revival Day and Youth Award: 1. The government of Tamil Nadu has instituted a youth award in the name of former President Dr. Kalam. 2. Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa has announced the annual 'Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Award' consisting 8 gram gold, Rs. 5 lakh cash and a citation would be given from this year onward on every Independence Day to a person from the state who works with exceptional merit in science, humanities and students welfare. 3. She has also announced that Dr. Kalam's birthday on October 15 would be celebrated as the 'Youth Revival Day". Which of the statements) given above is/are true?
14) Consider the following statements with respect to Ram Sevak Sharma: 1. Information Technology Secretary Ram Sevak Sharma is appointed Chairman of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI). 2. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Ram Sewak Sharma as Chairperson of TRAI for a period of three years. 3. He is set to retire in September as Secretary of Department of Electronics and Information Technology. A 1978-batch IAS officer of the Jharkhand cadre. Which statement(s) is/are true?
15) Consider the following statements with respect to the Gadhimai Festival: 1. In an unparalleled religious madness, in Tamil Nadu, India, a Hindu festival calls for a mass animal sacrifice which is considered to be the world's goriest mass killing of animals. 2. A few hundred thousands buffaloes, pigs, goats, pigeons, rabbits and chickens are killed as part of the blood-soaked festival held every five years (November 24, 25) to honour the Hindu goddess of power. Which of the statement(s) given above is/are true?
16) The Delhi High Court sought the Centre's response on a plea by Digital Radio Broadcasting Ltd. Which FM Radio runs against the government's decision and denying it permission to participate in the third phase of FM auction?
17) Consider the following statements with respect to Sundar Pichai: 1. Pichai Sundararajan, better known as Sundar Pichai, 2. Pichai was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, in India in 1972. 3. He is a technology executive who is Product Chief at Google Inc. 4. Pichai was announced as the next Chief Executive Officer of Google on August 10, 2015. Which statement(s) is/are true?
18) Consider the following statements with respect to the film 'Pagdi-The Honour': 1. Punjab Chief Minister announced that award-winning film 'Pagdi-The Honour' will be made tax-free. 2. 'Pagdi' is the first Punjabi film which has won two national awards, he said. The film has also bagged the title of best film (Punjabi) and has also won best supporting actor (female) award, he adde d. Which of the statement(s) given above is/are true?
19) The government of NCT of Delhi hereby reconstitutes the Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) consisting of the Promila Gupta, Farheen Malik and Sarika Chaudhary as its members. The Chairperson and the members of the commission shall hold the office with effect from July 18 for three years as provided under Section-4 of the DCW Act, 1994, it also state d. Which of the following is its chairperson?
20) Consider the following statements with respect to the FSSAI: 1. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006. 2. It is a statutory body for laying down science based standards for articles of food. 3. It is a body of regulating manufacturing, processing, distribution, sale and import of food so as to ensure safe and wholesome food for human consumption. Which of the statement(s) given above is/are true?
21) Consider the following statements: 1. He was the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007. 2. A career scientist turned reluctant politician. He spent the next four decades as a scientist and science administrator, mainly at the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and was intimately involved in India's civilian space programme and military missile development efforts. 3. In his book 'India 2020', he strongly advocated an action plan to develop India into a "knowledge superpower" and a developed nation by the year 2020. He regarded his work on India's nuclear weapons programme as a way to assert India's place as a future superpower. The above statements are about:
22) Consider the following statements with respect to the National Space Act: 1. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has initiated a process of formulating a National Space Act for India for regulating space activities in India; facilitate enhanced levels of private sector participation and offering more commercial opportunities. 2. Towards this, a two-day national workshop was held at ISRO Headquarters, Bangalore, with the participation of experts across the country. Which of the statement(s) given above is/are true?
23) Consider the following statements with respect to the Solidarity Prize: 1. The Solidarity Prize is awarded for promotion and protection of democracy and civil liberties. 2. The prize has been established by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland. The selection of the laureate is a two-stage process. Fifteen nominators are presenting their candidates. Which statement(s) is/are true?
24) Consider the following statements: 1. The Prize was originally established by General Assembly resolution 68/275 on June 6, 2014 and its Statute was approved by General Assembly resolution 69/269 on April 2, 2015. 2. The Prize, to be awarded to each winner, in recognition of the humility, shall be a plaque engraved with an appropriate citation and a relevant quotation. The quotation shall be determined by the Committee for the United Nations, in consultation with the Secretary-General of the United Nations. The above statements are related to
25) This is an annual award, which is established to perpetuate of integrity in governance, courageous service to the people, and pragmatic idealism within a democratic society. The above statement is related to
27) Consider the following statements with respect to the Jat reservation: 1. The Rajasthan High Court has asked the state government to conduct a fresh survey of the other backward communities who are on the state list of Other Backward Castes (OBCs). 2. The Supreme Court said the Centre gave a go by to the statutory scheme in according reservation benefits to a 'politically organised' community. Which of the statement(s) given above is/are true?
(1) Confederation of North Central American and Caribbean Association Football
(2) Confederation of Namibia Central Association and Caribbean Associates in Football
(3) Confederation of Netherlands Central Association and Central American Football
(4) Confederation of Northern Central Association and Croatian Associates in Football
(5) None of these
29) Consider the following statements with respect to Resolution 2231 (2015) adopted by the Security Council on July 20, 2015: 1. Welcoming Iran's reaffirmation in the JCPOA that it will under no circumstances ever seek, develop or acquire any nuclear weapons. 2. Affirming that conclusion of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) marks a fundamental shift in its consideration of this issue, and expressing its desire to build a new relationship with Iran strengthened by the implementation of the JCPOA and to bring to a satisfactory conclusion its consideration of this matter. Which of the statement(s) given above is/are true"?
31) Consider the following statements: 1. Chhattisgarh State Legislative Assembly recently passed the Chhattisgarh Public Grievance Redressal Bill, 2015 by a voice vote. 2. It will empower people to seek redressal of their grievances in a time-bound manner by government officials. 3. Powers in this regard is vested on the Public Grievance Redressal Officer and the first and second Appellate Authorities to deal with delayed grievances cases. 4. In case of on failure to hear and redress grievances, penalty ranging from Rs. 5000 to Rs. 50000 will be imposed on the government servants. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
33) Consider the following statements: 1. Chris Froome participated in his second Tour de France in just three years. 2. Chris Froome became the first Briton who reached the finish line of the race safely after the three week long race. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
34) Consider the following statements: 1. Gujarat signed Memoranda of Understandings (MoUs) worth Rs. 2452 crore at an investor meet 'Delivering dreams, sharing prosperity' organised in New Delhi. 2. These MoUs signed in association with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) by the Bureau of Industry Promotion, principal agency in charge of investment promotion in Gujarat 3. These MoUs will help in setting up of industrial units, which would generate about 7053 direct jobs and thousands of indirect ones. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
35) Consider the following statements: 1. Tripura Assembly has passed a resolution to request the Union government to amend Section-365 of the IPC to abolish capital punishment. 2. The resolution is apparently fallout of recent hanging of Yakub 'Memon, prime accused in Mumbai serial blasts. 3. The government of Tripura also mentioned that the capital punishment has not yielded effective results and it has not reduced the tendency of heinous crimes. 4. Most of the developed countries in the world also have abolished the death penalty and only 58 countries, still are following or practicing the old law. Select the correct statements) using the codes given below.
36) Consider the following statements: 1. The government of Gujarat sign a Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) with Taiwan-based Foxconn, the world's largest contract manufacturer of electronics on August 8, 2015 to set up manufacturing facility in the State. 2. Foxconn had been shown land in Gandhinagar district and also in and around Vadodara for its proposed investment. In the first phase, the company may invest $1 billion in the State. Now the company will bring the entire supply chain to India and not looking just at assembling. 3. This is the second MoU being signed in quick success in Maharashtra in 2015. Recently, General Motors had proposed to invest Rs. 6400 crore for expansion of its manufacturing facility in Pune district of Maharashtra. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
38) Consider the following statements: 1. In Arunachal Pradesh, Tendong Lho Rum Faat, the annual festival of the ethnic Lepcha tribe is being celebrated with traditional devotion and fanfare. 2. On this day they worship the Mount Tendong, which, according to the folklore, is the saviour for them. 3. A special programme of puja and folk songs and dances has been organised in the capital Itanagar to mark the festival of Tendong Lho Rum Faat. The Lepchas, said to be the aboriginals of the State, are great worshippers of nature. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
42) Consider the following statements: 1. Mobile application 'Disha' is launched in Jharkhand to aid digital literacy in the state which is expected to help people in learning about computers and Internet through self-learning modules. 2. In order to offer digital literacy to tribal and Dalit women in Jharkhand, the telecom minister awarded tablet computers to women who received training from common service centres in Bihar. The app is free and available on Google Play Store. 3. Under the initiatives to improve digital connectivity 'in Jharkhand, BSNL will install 1000 new base stations in the state and 184 of these will be located in Naxal-affected areas. 4. All 8554 gram panchayats of Jharkhand will be connected under Bharat Net in next three years. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
44) Consider the following statements: 1. The government of Bihar announced recently about the first 56-km stretch of the much-awaited Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) project, which would be commissioned in Bihar in March, 2016. 2. The stretch between Durgawati and Sasaram would gradually eliminate all the 28 level crossings by building road over bridges and road underbridges. 3. Currently, the technology and safety clearances are being tied up for the stretch. The double line section will be commissioned with an investment of Rs.5000 crore. This is funded by Indian Railways' Equity Fund. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
46) Consider the following statements: 1. Union Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhu launched new train services in the South Indian states through video-conferencing from New Delhi recently. 2. With commissioning of Balipara-Bhalukpong gauge conversion Arunachal Pradesh state has received second Broad Gauge connectivity in its history. 3. Earlier in 2015, direct train service was launched between Arunachal Pradesh's capital Itanagar and Delhi. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
47) Consider the following sentences: 1. The decision to suspend the sportsman Gurbaj Singh was taken after a meeting of Hockey's India's Disciplinary Committee. 2. Former Indian Coach Jude Felix levelled the charge against him in his report. Choose among the options, the right answer;
48) Consider the following statements: 1. Haryana has decided to establish the Haryana Saraswati Heritage Development Board to preserve and promote various archeo-cultural facets of the Saraswati heritage area. 2. The registered office of the board would be in Rohtak or Bahadurgarh. 3. The board will initiate, promote and support research in Saraswati's Heritage, publish books, journals, monographs as also publish biographies of scholars who have contributed to the study of Saraswati Heritage. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
49) National Sports Development Code of India set 1. to examine the existing body and revise the same to make it more precise. 2. to make specific recommendations on preparation electoral college and streamlining of District/State bodies. Choose the correct option.
(1) It renders the coach to make ties with medical practitioners of other country.
(2) It renders them to popularise the sport.
(3) It makes them arise issues of match fixing.
(4) It makes them professional in real term.
(5) None of these
52) Consider the following statements: 1. Maharashtra government set-up a Cabinet sub-committee to prepare an action plan to tackle the grim drought situation in Marathwada. 2. The sub-committee has been empowered to monitor the water scarcity situation and take decisions accordingly. 3. The State has received an average of 71% rain. There are 54% water storage, out of which in Marathwada there is only 17% and 77% area has been covered by sowing. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
(4) only one-fourth and allows free movement of all ships
(5) None of these
54) Consider the following statements: 1. Bihar Cabinet gave its nod to the much awaited Industrial Policy Resolution (IPR) 2015 on August 13, 2015 after several rounds of consultation with different administrative departments and industry associations. 2. The scheme will be implemented from 2015-16 to 2025-26. It is aimed at ensuring availability of uninterrupted power to the consumers in the twin cities of Patna. 3. The Cabinet also gave its nod to the State Capital Region Improvement of Power System (SCRIPS) scheme with an outlay of Rs. 1500 crore and 650.64 km ambitious Rajendra Prasad Expressway. Select the correct statements) using the codes given below.
(1) keep the Liquidity Adjustment Facility above 7.25%
(2) keep the Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAP) equal to 7.25%
(3) keep the Liquidity Adjustment Facility below 7.25%
(4) give away with the Liquidity Adjustment Facility as advised by the Finance Commission
(5) None of these
56) Consider the following statements: 1. Glenmark Pharmaceuticals has introduced a new product for diabetes in India named 'Teneligliptin'. 2. The drug belongs to the gliptin class of drugs, which have come to be the preferred line of treatment for managing type 2 diabetes across the globe. 3. Teneligliptin is a selective DPP-4 inhibitor that falls in the second line of therapy options where metformin is used in the first line of therapy. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
(1) the pressure is increased for personal care and effects on household goods
(2) the pressure is digested by the spending of the money by the Reserve Bank of India
(3) the pressure on household goods remain unaffected
(4) the momentum of inflation on service sector gets more hardly affected
(5) None of these
58) Consider the following statements: 1. Mosquirix, the world's first malaria vaccine, has been approved by the European Medicine Agency. 2. This drug is designed for use in young children, in an effort to reduce the incidence of this often fatal disease. 3. Malaria is rampant in the areas of tropical and sub-tropical regions such as South America and North America. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
(1) supports the borrowing by interest rate sensitive customer segments
(2) disrupts the education system
(3) remains unaffected due to huge international funds.
(4) affects the defence deals
(5) None of these
60) Consider the following statements: 1. A team of researchers in Germany and Ireland has developed a new device that dramatically cuts the time to detect bacterial species that cause urinary tract infections. 2. The researchers identified Escherichia coli (more commonly known as E. coli) and Enterococcus faecalis are the two species who cause urinary tract infections in 5 minutes. 3. The speedy diagnosis marks a tremendous reduction in the wait time compared to the lengthy lag which is often 24 hours or more often associated with methods routinely used to identify bacteria and diagnose urinary tract infections. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
61) Consider the following statements: 1. The agricultural sector gets the support from contingency plans. 2. If good harvest gets strengthened, it helps the current weak rural demand. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
62) Consider the following statements: 1. Indo-UK bilateral Air Exercise 'Indradhanush' between Indian Air Force (LAP) and British Royal Air Forces (RAF) has been concluded recently. 2. The Exercise Indradhanush started in Britain on July 21, 2015. During the 5-day exercise different elements of the LAP contingent operated from separate RAF bases. 3. The Sukhois operated from Cornings by, combat support elements from Brize Norton and the Garud special forces from Hunnington. 4. The two air forces also operate common combat support platforms, namely the Globe master and the Super Hercules. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
64) Consider the following statements: 1. A Russian Soyuz EG rocket successfully launched the Soyuz TMA-17M spacecraft on a six-hour launch-to-docking mission recently. 2. It was launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome, followed by a successful docking with NASA's Kjell Lindgren. 3. This latest Soyuz crew mission was realigned as part of the evaluations into the near-term manifest following the Progress M-27M failure. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
65) Consider the following statements: 1. The Kharif sowing has expanded significantly in respect of oilseeds, pulses, rice and coarse cereals. 2. It is supported by contingency plans of the Central government. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
68) Consider the following statements: 1. Kepler 452b is the most Earth-like planet every discovered in history. 2. Kepler 452b circles a sunlike star in an orbit that takes 365 days. 3. In addition to the discovery of Kepler-452b, the scientists announced nine more newly-found Earth-sized planets. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
(3) give signals to State capital in all coastal region
(4) provide life support systems in all coastal town hospitals
(5) None of the above
71) Consider the following statements: 1. The NASA has extended a contract with Russia's space agency for $490 million to carry US astronauts to the International Space Station (ISS) amid a lack of Congressional funding. 2. The Japan will continue to rely exclusively on Russia to take astronauts to the orbiting outpost under the new contract. 3. The USA has been dependent on Russia for ISS access since it ended its space shuttle program in July, 2012. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
72) In July, 2015, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship signed an MoU with which Ministry to establish a framework for concerted and comprehensive joint action to address the need for skilled human resources in the health sector?
(1) due to its discovery of new oil and gas plant in Puducherry
(2) due to its deal with the Uttarakhand government in the plantation of 1500 hectares of land
(3) due to its rejection of Australian based mine and rail project
(4) due to buying of diamond mines in Sudan
(5) None of these
74) Consider the following statements: 1. Multi Application Solar Telescope (MAST) was operationalised at the Udaipur Solar Observatory (USO) of Physical Research Laboratory (PRL). 2. It is a telescope for the detailed study of the solar activity including its magnetic field. It is an off-axis Gregorian-Code telescope with a 50 cm aperture. 3. Mast is built by Mechanical and Optical Systems of France and it was tested by the USO for on site acceptance. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
(2) establishing national coordination centre for sustaining competitive and responsible enterprises
(3) establishing skill development for disabled people
(4) establishing Labour Bank in factories
(5) None of these
76) Consider the following statements: 1. A global satellite for Earth observation and disaster risk reduction named 'Global Sat' for DRR proposed under the UN framework. 2. This satellite is dedicated as a tribute to the vision of the celebrated rocket scientist and former Indian President APJ Abdul Kalam who died on July 27, 2015. 3. Launch of this satellite was mooted at the third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction held at Sendai in Japan in March, 2016. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
(1) file the cheque bounce cases at the place of issue
(2) file the case directly at High Court of the State to get speedy result
(3) file the case of cheque bounce at a place where a cheque is placed for clearance and not the place of issue
(4) file the case of cheque bounce online for the convenience of the business houses
(5) None of these
79) Consider the following statements: 1. A new technique is developed in National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI), Karnal of Haryana to lower the level of cholesterol in Ghee recently. 2. This technique can lower the level of cholesterol in Ghee up to 40 to 50%. 3. The NDRI signed Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) with Vaishali Patliputra Dugdh Utpadak Sahkari Sangh Lt d. Patna(known as Patna Dairy Project) and transferred the technology. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
(2) tackling the forest related issues and improve concerted efforts for ensuring ecological, socio-economic
(3) tackling the poaching of snow leopards and elephants
(4) to capture the inter-state, illegal timber units
(5) None of these
81) Consider the following statements: 1. Aisa Mijeno, an engineer-professor has developed a LED lamp that runs on salt and water. 2. The working of the lamp is based on the principle of the working of a galvanic cell. The lamp uses the salt water as the electrolyte in a galvanic cell battery. 3. Two electrodes are placed in the electrolyte solution and the energy is produced, which in turn, lights the lamp. 4. The lamp has the capacity to stay lit for six hours a day and can run for eight months. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
83) Consider the following statements: 1. The Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) has developed the first open-access online database of India's floral diversity to document over 18000 flowering plant species. 2. The 'e-Flora India' test site was launched by the ZSI in July, 2015 on the occasion of the 'Digital India Week. 3. This consists of more than 6000 pages of printed treatments covering around 4500 taxa (a taxonomic category) belonging to 92 families. 4. The IT expertise for the novel initiative was provided by Centre , for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Kolkata. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
(1) increase communication between leaders of each Panchayats
(2) increase roads and maps accuracy for navigation use
(3) act as a database for compiled and mapped information on various gram panchayat related activities
(4) keep track record of security and threats from cyclones
(5) None of these
85) Consider the following statements: 1. India and Singapore signed an agreement in August, 2015 on sharing white-shipping information to enhance maritime cooperation between the two navies. 2. The Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) and the Indian Navy conduct the Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) together annually. 3. This year's SIMBEX, held in May and was the 22nd in the series. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
91) Consider the following statements: 1. A Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) was signed in August, 2015 between the government of India and the government of Nepal for the construction of a petroleum products pipeline. 2. This pipeline is from Raxaul (India) to Amlekhgunj (Nepal). 3. The government of India had requested the government of Nepal, during the visit of the Prime Minister to Nepal on August 3 and 4, 2014 for this construction. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
(1) Integrated Gullible Missile Development Programme
(2) Integrated Guided Missile Deciding Policies
(3) Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme
(4) Integrated Guiding Missile Development Potential (IGMDP)
(5) None of these
93) Consider the following statements: 1. An agreement between India and Myanmar was signed for setting up of a Centre of Excellence in Software Development and Training (CESDT) in August, 2015. 2. The project is to be implemented by the NIIT. 3. That envisages the setting up of a state of the art Information and Communication Technology Centre, imparting intensive teachers training, extending support for ICT curriculum development, and will be accredited as an authorised centre of C-DAC. 4. The project will be set up with financial support through the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
(4) It only crossed the Red Sea in parallel to the coastline of Egypt.
(5) None of these
95) Consider the following statements. 1. The Indian government has sanctioned around Rs.1000 crore in August, 2015 for a 15-km India-Bangladesh railway project. 2. Out of the 15 km, ten km falls in Indian territory and the rest is in Bangladesh. 3. The 1650-km distance between Aizwal and Kolkata would be reduced to 515 km once the rail track is constructed through Bangladesh. 4. The project discussed in between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bangladesh Premier Sheikh Hasina during Modi's Dhaka visit in June, 2015. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
97) Consider the following statements: 1. China and Pakistan signed 20 more agreements worth $ 1.6 billion in. August, 2015 to implement the ambitious CPEC project. 2. Both the countries issued the 'Karamay Manifesto' on the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), a major project under China's Belt and Road Initiative. 3. The agreements were signed at the CPEC Forum held at Islamabad, Pakistan. 4. The CPEC will shorten the route for China's energy imports from the Middle East by about 22000 km. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
99) Consider the following statements: 1. The World Trade Organization (WTO) in August, 2015 formally accepted Kazakhstan's bid to join the body. 2. Kazakhstan began WTO accession talks in 1996, but negotiations were repeatedly stalled. 3. Kazakhstan has agreed to lower import tariffs and to make greater efforts to promote foreign investment. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.
101) Consider the following statements: 1. Recently, Egypt inaugurated a major extension of the Suez Canal which will power an economic turn around in the Arab world's most populous country. 2.It is a $ 8 billion project which was completed in just one year. The project widens and deepens part of the canal to increase traffic and revenue. 3. One of the most important waterways in the world, the Suez Canal links the Caspian Sea with the Red Sea. It opened in 1689 after a decade of construction by tens of thousands of workers. Select the correct statement(s) using the codes given below.